Great interview with Morrissey and Marr

Danny

Available on smithstorrents.co.uk.

I'm halfway through it and it's fascinating so far. That's if you can get past Nick Kent's interview style which seems to be to try and browbeat his subjects into accepting his opinion.

It's called 1985 Nick Kent Interview.

I've never liked Nick Kent, always thought he is a bit of a wanker.

Heard of the interview, might watch it actually.

Haven't got a client thing so can't download it I don't think.

(Ignore me, I have Limewire)

Last edited:
I've never liked Nick Kent, always thought he is a bit of a wanker.

Heard of the interview, might watch it actually.

It's really interesting when they are talking about the music. For example, the music for Suffer Little Children was something Marr was playing about with and saw as an intro, but Morrissey assumed that was the whole song so in the end they kept it as the whole song. Also Marr cites Morrissey's rhythmical ideas as being important as he never noticed anything about the drumming being concentrated on the music so it was always Morrissey who pointed out when the drums were good or bad.

Yeah that would be great, I don't do torrents either.

any chance of uploading danny its taking forever to download from smithstorrents...i am at 17% and thats taken 4 hours!!!!!. how long is the interview mate??

cossy

It's quite long and they're all flac files. I'm trying to upload the first one to megaupload at the moment but it reckons's it's going to take half an hour!

There are 22 files :(

Danny, thanks so much for letting us know about this interview. Much appreciated. :)

For what it's worth I've downloaded the torrent and am converting to mp3 (so I can put it on my portable player). When that's done I'll upload to megaupload for anybody else who'd like it but can't use flac files. Might take a while though, as Danny says it's pretty long!

Danny, thanks so much for letting us know about this interview. Much appreciated. :)

For what it's worth I've downloaded the torrent and am converting to mp3 (so I can put it on my portable player). When that's done I'll upload to megaupload for anybody else who'd like it but can't use flac files. Might take a while though, as Danny says it's pretty long!

Thanks for that Cuddle. Out of interest, what are you using to convert them?

Out of interest, what are you using to convert them?

Well, I'm not real well versed yet on converting files and stuff, so there's probably a much better way to do it, but I'm converting from flac to wav in jetaudio (because that software came with my mp3 player) and then using audacity to go from wav to mp3.

If any technically inclined people want to advise me of a quicker and easier way, I'd be all over it! :o :p

thanks guys i am now at only 24% d/l. smithtorrents is pedestrian..........

cossy

First half of the interview is converted but megaupload was being beastly so I gave up on it. Initial time estimate was 30 minutes but the upload speed kept going down. After 30 minutes there was over an hour left - and increasing. :(

Instead here's a yousendit link that contains a rar file of the first 11 tracks. http://download.yousendit.com/58E7CF347DC0F5AF

It'll be a while before the next 11 are up. Can somebody else re-upload via megaupload for those who need it? Thanks.

You're welcome. Glad to be able to give something back considering all I've gotten from here. :)

2nd half of the interview: http://download.yousendit.com/0F99D6847C38421A

edit --
Geez, they've gone and changed yousendit so it's not as simple as it used to be. Pfft. Apparently now you have to register for a free account to download a file of this size. Once you've registered they'll send you an activation e-mail. THEN you can get the downloads. Such a pain! You might also need to cut and paste the specific urls into your browser's address bar. Maybe I should've let megaupload run all night instead. :p

Last edited:
Thanks so much for posting this. Fascinating. Interesting to hear Johnny & Morrissey talk at length in same interview. The mutual admiration oozes forth. Must say that Nick Kent's inane meanderings made me lose will to live/ listen at times- never has a man taken sooo long to express so little! Cheers.x

Back
Top Bottom