What songs are you obsessed with at the moment?

Kuiper

Better than Marr
So, what songs have you found yourself playing constantly at the moment? It could be an old classic, a new favorite, a song you just heard for the first time, still one of your least favorites even if you just learned to like it, or even a song you hate and are listening to it for novelty value or something, but don't know why you'd do that. :o :p

I really cannot stop listening to these five songs, it seems like they are playing on my computer, in the car, or in my head all day:
Lifeguard Sleeping, Girl Drowning
He Cried
Best Friend on the Payroll
Dear God, Please Help Me
Roy's Keen

you must please remember.

I listen to it all the time, and I can't get it out of my head at night.

Last edited:
I always find myself going back to certain songs and playing them non stop but heres a list in no particular order of recent ones i've became obsessed by:

Come Back To Camden
Interesting Drug
Dissapointed
Jack The Ripper
Suffer Little Children
William...
Half A Person

you must pelase remember.

I listen to it all the time, and I can't get it out of my head at night.

I adore that song, one of my absolute top favorites. :)

Nice thread Kui, I am loving Lucky lisp today, also recently You must please remember, anyone got any theory's about that song?
Always always Southpaw.

Thank you, darling. :) Southpaw is fantastic, I became obsessed with it recently, so I still love it just as much, just others have taken its place. ;) YMPR I think is Morrissey talking about himself (maybe not the real life Morrissey, but the singer-narrator talking about himself). He is older and hasn't lived up to his earlier dreams, he just wants some appreciation for having those dreams, that they were good ideas, just appreciation for who he is too even if he wasn't a big success. In the same vein of my interpretation of A Rush and a Push and the Land is Ours.

Roy's Keen

lol...stop being funny!!!

i haven't been playing much of morrissey these past couple of months. but when i do, currently i usually must listen to Disappointed and Speedway.

mmmm nice question!
You know I couldn't last [live]
Boy Racer
Roy's Keen
What she said
I'll never be anybody's hero now

this thread made me put on morrissey. i am now listening to Speedway

I`m always having a few faves I`m obsessed about then the next week its a different lot.The ones I love at the mo are-
Jack the Ripper
Come Back to Camden
How Soon is Now
Ouija Board Ouija Board
Shoplifters of the World Unite

Wonderful Woman
There is a light that never goes out
Disappointed
Hand in Glove
I've changed my plea to guilty (it was in my dream the other night)
I Just want to see the boy happy

... to name but a few :)

All Morrissey songs are awesome in their own way, but that is one of if not my top favorite song. :) You are incredibly cool, Hellie! :D Well, every Morrissey fan is cool. ;) :cool:

Jeeeez thanks!!I love Shoplifters-the lyrics are so genius,its a real fingers up to the "establishment" but so tongue in cheek-a good example of a Morrissey song that I doubt(?) is autobiographical.Yes Moz fans are cool-I only wish I KNEW some in the real world.I`m all alone in that regard!!

^^I agree completely on the Shoplifters lyrics thing. I think the song has an amazing vocal too, his voice justs sounds so beautiful on the chorus, and especially during the end, they way he delivers each repeat of the line "shoplifters of the world unite and take over" slightly differently. And of course brilliant guitar work from Johnny Marr.

Jeeeez thanks!!I love Shoplifters-the lyrics are so genius,its a real fingers up to the "establishment" but so tongue in cheek-a good example of a Morrissey song that I doubt(?) is autobiographical.Yes Moz fans are cool-I only wish I KNEW some in the real world.I`m all alone in that regard!!

I know no one in the real world who likes morrissey :-(
Actuaally the other day i went shopping. i had my YATQ Moz shirt on. This guy went up to me and said "ohhh i saw him years ago! I jumped on stage and after about 4 seconds i was thrown head first into the crowd!" hahaha

I`m always having a few faves I`m obsessed about then the next week its a different lot.

I do the same.

There Is A Light That Never Goes Out is my all-time favourite song, so that's all the time, along with Angel, Angel, Down We Go Together.
At the moment I'm also repeatedly playing Lifeguard Sleeping, Girl Drowning, Speedway, Girl Least Likely To, Seasick, Yet Still Docked, First Of The Gang To Die and Last Night I Dreamt That Somebody Loved Me.

i know its over - rank version
the last few minutes of this is more than breath taking!!!

Shoplifter's Of The World Unite
Pashernate Love
Death Of A Disco Dancer
There Is A Light That Never Goes Out
Reel Around The Fountain
Girl Afraid
I have been listening to The Smiths "Singles" cd and Viva Hate [Bonus Tracks] cd. mainly the last 7 songs of Viva Hate-from Pashernate Love on, and on the singles cd-just all of it.

Great thread Kui!!;)

also, for some reason i've been obsessed with death at one's elbow only for the deep voice during dont come to the house tonight

Back
Top Bottom