How Many of You Currently Use Recreational Drugs?

• Thread starter Lifeguard Sleeping
  • Start date
L

Lifeguard Sleeping

This was inspired by one of Suzanne's posts. Also, since Morrissey (supposedly) walks the straight and narrow in that department, I was wondering if he has somehow influenced your decision to do the same.

For the record, yours truly does not partake in them (I smoked pot for about 5 years before I finally realized it did nothing for me).

How can you say that? Shock. Hell is just waiting for you and Moz

> For the record, yours truly does not partake in them (I smoked
> pot for about 5 years before I finally realized it did nothing
> for me).

I learned to drink. (I like to genocide my brain cells via gin and tonics, gin martini straight ups and Smirnoff Ice's)

I learned to smoke. (Kamel red lights)

And I learned to tell a dirty joke. (My favorite is sitting all gimped on a chair with a dollar stuck under one's neck. What am I? I'm Chrisopher Reeves at a strip joint..ha ha, tasteless like my style baby!)

> This was inspired by one of Suzanne's posts. Also, since
> Morrissey (supposedly) walks the straight and narrow in that
> department, I was wondering if he has somehow influenced your
> decision to do the same.

i smoked pot for a while there. after it made me truly paranoid and confused, which i guess seals my fate for any harder drugs, i quit. ...some of you will remember my slightly delirous post about the Texas 7 coming to kill me.

I'm always willing and ready for a beer or a glass of Sangria wine.

-Andrew S.
(the S stands for smokin' weed.)

14nocol.jpg

Re: A serious reply

I love smoking herb. I admit it. I have for many years, and I go through periods of months and months without smoking any, but I enjoy every so often(currently, maybe once or twice a week). I think it will be a way of life for me. It does not affect me in a negative way at all, or I would not do it. Some people become loser burn-outs from smoking, but it totally depends on the individual. I went through the typical "I wanna party, and get as fu cked up as possible" period before, and like most drugs, it got old. Mainly because I would frequent raves/parties every weekend for about 4 years. I was really into enjoying MDMA, acid, mushrooms, N2O, etc. Those were really fun times, and I would change what I did for any reason, but that period is over with, and rightfully so. I lived for Saturday nights, but now I live for everyday. So before people judge rec drug use, think about how it affects everyone different(I hate how some people think I am a loser because I smoke weed). Get a life. The drug culture is about 95% disgusting low-life scum, and the other 5% are fascinating people. I believe that experimentation with psychadelic drugs can benifit certain people, but they must have a good head on their shoulders and a clear vision of what they want to accomplish with using these substances. There is nothing worse than a 15 year old girl flipping out at a rave, and telling you that there is a killer dragon in her purse, because she ate way to much LSD, and start jumping on people until the police and the fire dept comes to send everyone home because she is outside wading in a pool of rainwater in her underwear. If you think that you might not be able to handle it....don't do it. if you have no desire to do it, don't do it. If you do, just be smart.

A Serious Debate

> The drug culture is about 95% disgusting low-life scum, and the
> other 5% are fascinating people.

I don't think the "disgusting low-life scum" percentage is accurate; many drug users are recreational ones who could probably be considered productive members of society (and it's puzzling why you would use the term "fascinating" as a flip-side to "disgusting low-life scum," as I believe the latter are probably fascinating in their own rite).

> I believe that experimentation
> with psychadelic drugs can benifit certain people, but they must
> have a good head on their shoulders and a clear vision of what
> they want to accomplish with using these substances.

How in the world would psychadelic drugs benefit anyone? Anyone who assumes that tripping on acid gives one a certain clarity that an unclouded mind would not, is kidding him/herself.

> If you think that you might not be able to handle
> it....don't do it. if you have no desire to do it, don't do it.
> If you do, just be smart.

I think that's what it all boils down to.

This ain't the 80's, folks.

I absolutely love the fact that drugs are no longer considered cool. In fact, they are the opposite.

yeah, haven't you seen that TV commercial where the kids pass the joint?!? eww...maggot sandwich!!!

Re: A Serious Debate

> How in the world would psychadelic drugs benefit anyone? Anyone
> who assumes that tripping on acid gives one a certain clarity
> that an unclouded mind would not, is kidding him/herself.

You obviously haven't tried Acid.

WorkingGirlx

Re: This ain't the 80's, folks.

> I absolutely love the fact that drugs are no longer considered
> cool. In fact, they are the opposite.

It obvious from most of your post that you know little about anything.

No Morrissey hasn't influenced me to really do anything except continue to listen to more good music. It was an old friend I had that influenced me not to do drugs. She slept with everyone who would give her any kind of drugs and overdosed for the sixth time when I was a junior (she was a senior) in high school. She was sort of my real life example of what not to do.

Kirstie

I never tried drugs in my life and will never. I had a strong education in my home and my parents often enlightened me about drugs. If Morrissey really did that, I'm sorry for him. His music is great, and that's all. He has not that influence on my decisions. I don't put my hands on fire for him. I don't even like his videos, so I really prefer the music, just the music.

Re: I'm sorry you feel that way about yourself

Give me one reason why I am a loser???? I have a full time job. I go to college full time. I have a wonderful family. I am in a great relationship of 5+ years. I have many intrests and goals. I am generally happy. Ha, if that makes me a loser then so be it.

> If Morrissey really did that, I'm sorry for him.

Did what?

Re: I'm sorry you feel that way about yourself

> Give me one reason why I am a loser???? I have a full time job.
> I go to college full time. I have a wonderful family. I am in a
> great relationship of 5+ years. I have many intrests and goals.
> I am generally happy. Ha, if that makes me a loser then so be
> it.

I can't understand how a girl like you, with so many nice things around, needs drugs. But however, I never tried drugs before, so I'm not the right person to say something here.

Re: A Serious Debate

> How in the world would psychadelic drugs benefit anyone? Anyone
> who assumes that tripping on acid gives one a certain clarity
> that an unclouded mind would not, is kidding him/herself.

Umm.....I can't even begin to explain this one to you, but you should do some research on it. Especially the newest findings on the benifits of theraputic MDMA use. Now, I want to say I don't agree or disagree with this subject. MDMA is still way to new of a drug for there to be ANY clear cut answer(It was first created in the early part of last century). I do know that excessive use is very harmfull. LSD has been shown to have huge benifit to helping people suffering from alcoholism. Now of course, this is not for everyone. This has all been done under controlled environment, etc. etc.... I am assuming from your position, you have never done any psychadelics? In certain parts of the world, indiginous peoples have been doing substances like mushrooms, DMT, peyote, ect. for centuries. Many of them for the purpose of opening up the unconcious mind and exploring self-actualizing thought. I am just trying to say that there is more to one side of this debate

The 95% thing was a little of a stretch yes, for if you look at stats for the amount of drug users that are either addicts, involved in some sort of trafficing, or are in some other part of the system, you will find that those people drastically outweigh the typical weekend pot smoker/drinker/do a little line here and there type of person.

I Said "Serious," But What The Heck...

> You obviously haven't tried Acid.

You're right - I haven't.

But I don't see how an acid trip would boost my mind in any way, shape or form. Chemical-oriented drugs especially do damage to your brain.

I'll bet you're one of those people who think that anything artistic anyone does while under the influence is "f.uckin' brilliant, man."

Hippies.

Before You Attack Me For It...

> But I don't see how an acid trip would boost my mind in any way,
> shape or form. Chemical-oriented drugs especially do damage to
> your brain.

Of course I mean drugs specially produced to get high: PCP, Ecstacy, etc; I'm not talking about anti-depressants and the like.

Back
Top Bottom