My Morrissey Tattoo!

Not-so-Mute Witness

Accidental Thead Killer
I just got back from the Tattoo shop after getting my first tattoo! And it's Moz related, so I'm doubly excited. I got the swallow in this picture on the inside of my lower lip:

Cutandswallowtat.jpg

The funny thing is that I'm afraid of needles when I go give blood or have tests done or whatever. This felt a little bit like dragging fine sandpaper across the inside of your lip, I'd say. .... Don't ask why I know that ;)

cool. i can't wait to get a moz tattoo. waiting till i save a lot of money.

on the inside of your lower lip???? it sounds pretty painful!!!
i have a tattoo on my lower back, right side. it has a face (kind of a mask, i think it's african) and above it says MOZ. I love it!

Im thinking of actually having "morrissey" written at the bottom of my back with roses round sounds really good ive got enough money just getting the courage to go get it done.

I hope you realise the connotations of having a swallow tattoo.

They're sure gonna like you on Wing A

wow
maybe i should get that swallow tattooed somewhere. i thought about it before...but i dunno...i wonder why morrissey doesn't have any tattoos himself...

I thought about getting the swallow that is on his hand on the back "Vauxhall" with "and now my heart is full" over my ribcage on the side of my heart. The urge became very strong after seeing him appear live this past fall. I did not get it though. Money issue, overall. I also want the ROTT crest, as well.

Whats the world coming to? Swallow tattoos as a fashion statement!?!?!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sparrow_Tattoos

Please read before ocnsidering getting one. Unless you want to be known as a jailbird who likes to be the giver. DO I NEED TO SPELL IT OUT?

All this talk of the prison house meaning of swallows is silly! They also have beautful meaning, if you read the top section of that wikipedia entry!

My partner and I got matching swallow tattoos last fall. He was to be deployed overseas for war. It symbolized a good bit. He had been in the Navy, so there was the sailor bit. But moreso, as it says in that article, swallows always come home. And also choose their mate for life. So it meant to us that he was to come home to me and we were mates for lives, and always had these as our permanent reminders. I love our tattoos and never, ever think of the prison meanings!

Well the sailor connotations aren't really that homoerotic either are they?? :p

Sounds beautiful... in a poppycocteau kind of way

Admittedly, I'd resolved to get a swallow before I thought of getting the one from the picture.

Back in the day, when they made family crests and what not, it was used to symbolize "One who is prompt and ready in doing business; also bringer of good news" (http://www.fleurdelis.com/meanings.htm). I just got promoted 2 weeks ago, and was looking for something to commemorate that. And then I came across the Moz pic! :-D My 2 favorite things combined into one- work and Moz. Beautiful.

Back
Top Bottom