Star & Garter This Friday 1st March

Jukebox Jury

Retired
The Official Star & Garter Thread

It's almost that time of the month again - the first Friday in the month means it's The Smiths & Morrissey night at the S&G!

However, I shall be absent from this one as on that night I shall be in Gelsenkirchen, Germany, watching Schalke 04 v SV Hamburg.

To those who are going - enjoy.
And to those living locally and not going - think again!

Jukebox Jury

Last edited:
I will not be in attendance, or Ben, so looks like a lot of regulars will be missing.

I'm planning on showing my face ... seeing Eagles of Death Metal on the Saturday so need to behave...

Re: Star & Garter This Friday 2nd March

However, I shall be absent from this one as on that night I shall be in Gelsenkirchen, Germany, watching Schalke 04 v SV Hamburg.

LOL!!! I hope Hamburg wins!!! I'm from Hamburg and so I hope they won't spoil it. But I'm afraid.... What's your favourite?

I can't attend the S&G as well but I wish all of you a nice day and take some pics, yes?

LOL!!! I hope Hamburg wins!!! I'm from Hamburg and so I hope they won't spoil it. But I'm afraid.... What's your favourite?
QUOTE]

Actually neither of the two clubs!
I am in Germany for five days (all expenses paid!) in connection with a report I am producing on football stadiums having standing areas in them.
So I am taking in three games
Schalke 04 v Hamburg, Friday
Werder Bremen v Bochum, Saturday
Borussia Dortmund v Cottbus, Sunday

I have press passes and will be at the front of the pitch taking photographs of fans in the standing areas.

Hamburg is my favourite German city, visited there on many occasions including Hamburg v Manchester City in 2002 and Morrissey last December.
However, my favourite German team (and you wont like this) is St Pauli FC.

Jukebox Jury

Not this month for me either, I'll be in Brazil. Finding it harder and harder to make the S&G these days.

Peter

Peter
I understand, I mean, Easy Jet fly from Leeds / Bradford to Rio but not to Manchester, so it is quite difficult for you to get to the S&G :D

Jukebox Jury

Ich bin neidisch. Ich will nach Deutschland fahren!! :mad:

I've been meaning to ask: I'm gonna get free entry, yeah?! For getting S&G a plug on Mark Radcliffe's Radio 2 show earlier this week?! :D :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Mike, good luck with the gruesome twosome above. I think you may find you'll have your hands full (again) ;) !

It won't be the same without the...

..greasesome threesome ( :rolleyes: ) there!!

: rolleyes:

Here's a song for your mate Elisabeth...

"They think their ground's fantastic,
but it's just made of plastic,
Andy Booth's a spastic
The Hudders Family!

Their sisters are their mothers,
Their fathers are their brothers,
They like to f*ck each other,
The Hudders family!"

Thats not very original, Deano...stealing Bradford City chants..didn't know you were a Sadford fan, well someone's got to be!

Honestly, you two. You used to get along so well! :confused: :rolleyes:

From what i could see at the last one, your mouth was too busy to laugh :p

mcfcwp1.gif
mcfcwp1.gif
mcfcwp1.gif

I am, that's why i have to be a bit more particular about who i dabble with ;) Once i'm extinct from the S & G, all that will be left are young pretenders who think the Karma Sutra is a medium strength curry from Bengal.

Back
Top Bottom