Is this why Moz refused to 'do' Eurovision?

Uncleskinny

It's all good
Subscriber
From today's Independent (ta for the tip-off, Grim - there's also a few mentions in the Maximo Park interview) comes this, the Pandora column. The Moz story is the first part on there. I would say if the BBC decided on Morrissey alone, he would have done it, but to go through the humiliation of the elimination shows...

Pandora Column

Peter

I didn't think for a minute he'd compete just to be the UK entry. They always used to pick one artist and then have the country vote from a selection of songs. They'll go back to this way of doing things soon, once they've got one big name to do it others will hopefully follow. I hope Morrissey was gratified at the media interest his his possible participation generated even if he didn't seriously consider it. Maybe next year.

One thing he doesn't like is being requested to "demo" or "try out". Remember when Moz was label-less (is he now?) and Madonna offered to listen to some of his demos? He said they're all available down HMV (he likes his HMV, doesn't he?) and tossed her note in the bin. I laffed.

"Professional miserablist"

f***ing wankers. They obviously have little knowledge of him or his music.

I don't think the "discussions" ever went beyond the BBC sending him a letter and him not replying. All the people that have been quoted have been very careful not to say that Morrissey has ever said anything specific about this.

Quite right, Unruly Boy! Those quotes like "professional miserablist" drive me bloody bonkers!:mad: Journalism at it's laziest. Trouble is, so many hacks do it that the uninformed reader latches onto that sentiment & their judgement is formed around that.

Whenever I've mentioned Moz to people I know - who aren't fans of his - they always say "oh him, 'Heaven Knows I'm Miserable Now" and roll their eyes.:rolleyes: PHILISTINES!

For that reason I thought Life Is A Pigsty wasn't the best choice for the download attempt. The title alone would just reinforce the misguided beliefs of the ignorant.

Should've gone for something lighter like The Father Who Must Be Killed (JOKE!!!!!!!). Seriously, Southpaw would've been good.

Quite right, Unruly Boy! Those quotes like "professional miserablist" drive me bloody bonkers!:mad: Journalism at it's laziest. Trouble is, so many hacks do it that the uninformed reader latches onto that sentiment & their judgement is formed around that.

Whenever I've mentioned Moz to people I know - who aren't fans of his - they always say "oh him, 'Heaven Knows I'm Miserable Now" and roll their eyes.:rolleyes: PHILISTINES!

For that reason I thought Life Is A Pigsty wasn't the best choice for the download attempt. The title alone would just reinforce the misguided beliefs of the ignorant.

Should've gone for something lighter like The Father Who Must Be Killed (JOKE!!!!!!!). Seriously, Southpaw would've been good.
I love Southpaw, but I would never choose it if I was looking for a 'lighter' song! :confused: :eek:

Back
Top Bottom