1991 june 2nd BOWIE with MORRISSEY

drifter

http://rapidshare.com/files/16647704/1991_june_2nd_l.a._great_western_forum.rar.html

2 June 1991
Great Westerm Forum, Los Angeles, CA

Interesting Drug
Mute Witness
The Last Of The Famous International Playboys
November Spawned A Monster
Will Never Marry
Sing Your Life
Asian Rut
Our Frank
King Leer
Everyday Is Like Sunday
(I'm) The End Of The Family Line
There's A Place In Hell For Me And My Friends
Piccadilly Palare
Trash
Suedehead
That's Entertainment
/Cosmic Dancer (with David Bowie)
/Disappointed

The 14000 tickets for this concert were sold out in a record-breaking 14 minutes! This was another fantastic California gig. Morrissey was in the best of moods, and the fans were cheering and screaming for the whole 75 minutes the concert lasted. A good number of them successfully made it on stage. The highlight of this concert was obviously the appearance of David Bowie who sang a duet with Morrissey for the encore of "Cosmic Dancer". As if this was possible, the crowd was even more ecstatic, and so was Morrissey judging by his appearance. Security was increased during the period when Bowie was on stage, band members themselves had to stop fans trying to get to the duo. That part only of the concert was filmed by Tim Broad.

Despite being in great spirits, Morrissey wasn't very talkative. It is possible he couldn't even place a word through the constant cheering as would attest this comment made after "Asian Rut": "Mah mah mah mah mah... If I could just say a few words... (crowd screams even more) I've changed my mind, no...". In "Our Frank" he sang something undecipherable instead of "but look I'm only human".

BOOTLEGS

An audience recording of the whole concert is circulated on bootleg tapes and cds, as well MP3 files on the internet. The quality is not very good. Because it was recorded from the audience, the constant cheering from the crowd drowns Morrissey out.

info from passions just like mine

Back
Top Bottom