Longest + Shortest Songs in Your Collection

mspendl828

Banned
I don't think this has been done before so I thought I'd start it as I've seen it done elsewhere and it's caught on.

What are the longest (not counting the last song on an album that has a ghost/hidden track at the end) and shortest (not counting silent tracks such as John Lennon's Nutopian International Anthem) songs in your itunes (or whatever) collection?

Mine are,
George Harrison - No Time Or Space 25:06
Fizzy Bangers - Short Attention Span 00:08

Discounting a few demo clips I have:
Duran Duran - Flute Interlude - 0:32
The Phantom of the Opera soundtrack - Down Once More/Track Down This Murderer - 11:55

I have both "You Suffer" by Napalm Death and "Mega-Armageddon-Death" by the Electro Hippies, both struggle to get beyond one second. Fond memories of seeing Napalm Death do their song at the Queens Hall (RIP) many years ago. The longest would be Joanna Newsom's "Only Skin" from her recent Album "Ys", which gets to 16 minutes 48 seconds.

Peter

Shortest actual track: Miracle Cure - The Who 12 seconds (from Tommy)

Longest: Ascension - John Coltrane 40mins 56secs

It has be Scum by Napalm Death.

They sing 'Scum' and thats it. About 2 seconds if that. I have a live version of this the song starts and about 3 seconds later the singer says 'thank you' great!!

It has be Scum by Napalm Death.

They sing 'Scum' and thats it. About 2 seconds if that. I have a live version of this the song starts and about 3 seconds later the singer says 'thank you' great!!

Oh no no no no!!!! You must mean "You Suffer" which was on the album "Scum", one second at the most. There was also "Dead" on that album at 2 seconds, and several others less than 20 seconds. They were golden years for me, around the fledgling hardcore scene, bands like Heresy, Concrete Sox, Sore Throat, Napalm Death, Electro Hippies...I could go on, but I won't. I do believe "You Suffer" is in the Guinness Book Of Records as the shortest song ever. Obviously they haven't heard Mega-Armageddon Death by the Electro Hippies. Earache records once put out a double A-side, with You Suffer on one side, and Mega-Armageddon Death on the other. I had a copy, but lost it. This from Wikipedia ... "The band earned a place in the Guinness Book of Records for recording the shortest song ever, "You Suffer" which is precisely 1.316 seconds long and consists of the almost incomprehensible lyrics "You suffer - but why?".

Peter

The Libertines - Arbiet Macht Frei - 1:17
Jimmi Hendrix - Voodoo Chile - 15 minutesish

Anything remotely resembling a melody for this short one:
Her Room Is A Rainy Garden - Apples In Stereo :)11)

Teacher Don't Teach Me Nonsense - Fela Kuti (25:48)

Both enjoyable.

according to my itunes:

you and me - his name is alive 0:18
duk koo kim - sun kil moon 14:32

technically my longest tracks would be placebo's burger queen and swallow, both of which have hidden tracks - the songs are over 22 minutes and some odd seconds but there's about 15 minutes of dead space so i refuse to count them.

Back
Top Bottom