Who would you like to see Morrissey collaborate with?

The Seeker of Good Songs

What artist(s) would you like Morrissey to collaborate with, excluding ones he has already done so?

For me, off the top, I would like Martin Gore of Depeche Mode.

Don't slag me but Peter Gabriel, Pet Shop Boys, Brett Anderson, Nigel Kennedy, Robbie Williams... yes, I'm serious. :)

Johnny Cash if he were still alive.... "I've changed my plea to guilty" feels like a real Cash song to me and it's superb

Jack White of the White Stripes
Stuart Murdoch of Belle and Sebastian
And um... Robert Smith :D

A duet with Colin Meloy of the Decemberists might be something special.

No one. I don't like collaborations much. They are usually just done by artists who can no longer get anyone interested in their work on their own.

The worst are the collaborations between older artists and hip young things. Seems cynical from both sides to me. The hipsters want gravitas from the old guys and the old guys are looking for a bit of cool to rub off from the younger ones.

No one. I don't like collaborations much. They are usually just done by artists who can no longer get anyone interested in their work on their own.

The worst are the collaborations between older artists and hip young things. Seems cynical from both sides to me. The hipsters want gravitas from the old guys and the old guys are looking for a bit of cool to rub off from the younger ones.

sorry but what about david bowie??, he has probably the biggest list of collaborations, and you cant say its because he is old or because he cant get anyone interested in his work.....

and I second the peter gabriel one it would be great!,I say bowie, bryan ferry, can I say david byrne?
any of those would be amazing!! :)

Bowie is a careerist, just like Damon Albarn. Always trying to keep in with the latest trends just because they are looking to their place in history.

The Tony Blairs of music.

I say bowie, bryan ferry, can I say david byrne?
any of those would be amazing!! :)

Not that we're trying to be overly realistic in this thread, but I think Morrissey has issues with some of the people you mentioned. Bowie allegedly pressured Moz when they were touring together years ago -- told SPM to cover one of his songs, and our boy didn't want to. Ended up with Moz quitting the tour. Bryan Ferry: I got the impression that Morrissey just doesn't like him. I base this on the fact (or was it rumour?) that Moz was very upset & tried to discourage Johnny Marr from collaborating with Ferry back in '87 or so on "The Right Stuff".

Not that we're trying to be overly realistic in this thread, but I think Morrissey has issues with some of the people you mentioned. Bowie allegedly pressured Moz when they were touring together years ago -- told SPM to cover one of his songs, and our boy didn't want to. Ended up with Moz quitting the tour. Bryan Ferry: I got the impression that Morrissey just doesn't like him. I base this on the fact (or was it rumour?) that Moz was very upset & tried to discourage Johnny Marr from collaborating with Ferry back in '87 or so on "The Right Stuff".
I don't know if Moz likes or dislikes Ferry (I know he liked Roxy Music), but I can't imagine a collaboration between the two of them...what would they do, duet? Actually, maybe I can imagine it, but when I do it sounds absolutely awful and cheesy. :eek:

Why do people keep suggesting singers?!? Why would he need to collaborate with a singer? Let's face it, most duets are cheesy. I would say that an instrumentalist and/or composer would be a lot more useful to Morrissey than another voice would! :rolleyes:

By collaboration, I didn't necessarily mean a duet or singing partners, but was more thinking along the lines of writing the music for him or accompanying him musically, but any type of collaboration fits the topic.

I know hes not going to, but the question is who would I like, so I wasn't thinking of him not getting along with people when I wrote it.
there all so different from each other that I think it would be interesting to see what would come out.
I know it ain't gonna happen, just what I thought....

Don't slag me but Peter Gabriel, Pet Shop Boys, Brett Anderson, Nigel Kennedy, Robbie Williams... yes, I'm serious. :)

I don't see how he could collaborate with Brett Anderson since there would be no one to write music.. perhaps the old Bernard Butler/Morrissey rumours can be rekindled.

Back
Top Bottom