What is your most quoted Morrissey song?

Kuiper

Better than Marr
So, what song penned by Morrissey do you find yourself quoting the most? For me it's Late Night, Maudlin Street. But it's not always that depressing though, because it is such an epic song, full of so many fascinating lines of diverse content. I mean, a line like "so he drove me home in the van" doesn't make you break down in tears on its own, does it?

So, what song penned by Morrissey do you find yourself quoting the most? For me it's Late Night, Maudlin Street. But it's not always that depressing though, because it is such an epic song, full of so many fascinating lines of diverse content. I mean, a line like "so he drove me home in the van" doesn't make you break down in tears on its own, does it?

Such a little thing
A gentle tone of kindness
Or written words on paper
can you write?

Look below, my signature tells all :)

Of course which i why i quote this song to much, absolutely, would of, could of, should of, *sigh* the man is a genius. :)

probably Still Ill. "And if you must go to work tomorrow, well, if I was you I wouldn't bother, cause there are brighter sides to life and I have seen them, but not very often".

I also remember I really quoted How Soon Is Now? in an online conversation once... "I've already waited too long and all my hope is gone".

I also find I'm Not Sorry very quotable, I don't remember if I've actually done it, but I could: "I'm not sorry for the things I've done, and I'm not looking for just anyone".

I don't quote them to anyone because I'd have to translate them into german - wouldn't quite work...
BUT here comes the silly part: the song "you're the one for me fatty" spins around in my head a LOT - simply every time I look at my cat. yes - he has recently become very obese and looks so silly with his huge belly like a balloon and his tiny legs supporting it all. I simply have to hum that song every time I see him and also have to laugh. kooky, isn't it? (but I must admit it's true...)

"Reel around the fountain" and "Girl least likely to". My friends get anoyed with me because i end up using a smith/morrissey lyric in practically every sentence "i can't help quoting you because every word you say rings true"

i tell myself "its so easy to laugh its so easy to hate, it takes guts to be gentle and kind"

oh and "i dont want to go out tonight" <---- always

just a few...

the sun shines out of our behinds

cut up or shut up, you're alright!

i will be in the bar
with my head on the bar :D

oh, what a mess i've made of my life

oh, but please put your tongue away

so, what difference does it make?

The most recent was I'm Not Sorry, to this poor guy at S&G that I battered with a DVD case. I was quite sorry, really...and I never even told him...oh and I meant to. ENUF!!

The only time I quote Morrissey is to have a laugh, when I'm pretty sure nobody is going to get the reference. Not in front of Morrissey fans in other words. Luckily this isn't a problem most of the time, and I can quote at will. :D

i'm pretty sure i can go through a 2 hour conversation that consists of 70% Morrissey quotes...but people have no clue about it. They just think i'm witty and poetic...

Haha that's funny duchess I can too. I think that's one thing I thoroughly enjoy about the people I have sonversations with; when having a conversation they don't know where what I'm saying is coming from. Classic stuff!

I think I most quote my siggy everyday in conversation with others.....and Heaven Knows I'm Miserable Now which is in my head constantly esp. this part: why do I smile at people who I'd much rather kick in the eye.

and then....it may all end tomorrow or, it could go on forever.

There are others, I just can't think of them.:)

cant quote... :(

im from Mexico...
they don't know him, not everybody speaks english...

That's surprising, I was always under the intention that many Hispanics in North America and South America could relate to Morrissey, especially the Hispanic peole living in the US.

I used to quote, Cemetry Gates an awful lot in English to the point where I was getting evil looks from people.

That's surprising, I was always under the intention that many Hispanics in North America and South America could relate to Morrissey, especially the Hispanic peole living in the US.

I used to quote, Cemetry Gates an awful lot in English to the point where I was getting evil looks from people.

I'm surprised its not "Tomorrow." :p

One of my friends was bitching last week about being so good looking. I responded with "Then why are you on your own tonite?"

He told me to shut up. One of my friends asked if i was quoting "that gay british guy i make them listen to in my car." I was, of course.

I find "I Know It's Over" is very easy to work into any negative relationship-oriented conversation.

Morrissey quotes pop into my head all the time in conversations and it’s most distracting- I start smiling and looking into the distance and people just know you’re no longer with them! Especially when someone quoted ‘a bird in the hand is worth two in the bush’ to me the other day, I tried so hard to keep Handsome Devil out my head but failed miserably and had to start laughing, was rather inappropriate unfortunately. When I do share the quotes though they’re usually the most banal lines that mean nothing to anyone else, I just recite them in the style they’re sung which probably just sounds odd to the other person, particularly when I give them a meaningful look afterwards.

I think the lines I quote most often to myself are ‘and if the people stare, then the people stare, oh I really don’t know and I really don’t care’, I just love the attitude of that, makes me feel better somehow.

And the best one, ‘I’m just passing through here, on my way to somewhere civilised…’

Back
Top Bottom