And in other news, SXSW rumors finally put to rest

Yes, that may not be the final lineup. I began thinking about it and i realized that the festival people are bitching that people are calling them and wanting to know how to get tickets to the Stooges show, and to combat that problem, they just may not be announcing any other big shows ahead of time.

IF Morrissey is playing, it will probably be a secret show. That means it wouldn't be announced until the festival actually happens and news of it usually spreads through the grapevine (through a method that i'm unsure of), and almost everybody here wouldn't get to see it, so it's basically not worth worrying about unless you have a badge and know how to find out about those sorts of things.

but i will say this: the argument against morrissey playing is that he doesn't have a label to pick up the tab this time around to write it off as "promotion" for a new album. he'd have to fly himself and all of his homies down to Austin without any reimbursement from the festival. the only thing that would make it worth while is to play dates in the vicinity (like many other artists do) and so far, nothing has been announced.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom