Do you know how animals die?

S

Stefan Johnsson

I was just wondering if there are any vegetarians or vegans here? I am a vegan myself and I live in Sweden and here most vegans listen to hardcore including most vegan friends of mind. Hardcore is a music I really can't relate to, but I think it's grate that it makes people to think about animal rights. Have anyone stopped eating meat because of Morrisseys lyrics? If you are not a vegetarian then what's your opinion on Morrisseys lyrics to Meat is murder?

so many illustrations

> I was just wondering if there are any vegetarians or vegans¿ here? I am a vegan myself and I live in Sweden and here most¿ vegans listen to hardcore including most vegan friends of mind.¿ Hardcore is a music I really can't relate to, but I think it's¿ grate that it makes people to think about animal rights. Have¿ anyone stopped eating meat because of Morrisseys lyrics? If you¿ are not a vegetarian then what's your opinion on Morrisseys¿ lyrics to Meat is murder?

Tried to be vegetarian for the sake of Moz, but it just doesn't work like that. I did it 'for the animals', yet still wear leather shoes, drive a car, use electricty, consume dairy products, etc. Simply adjusting one's diet is not advocation of animal rights. So many things disrupt animal life, and vegetarianism is not necessarily correct for animal rights, but for the health of the human body. Veganism is a more correct approach, but it is a bit too strict for my life. I recently am trying to be vegetarian once again, but only to supplement my exercise and no other reason.

> Tried to be vegetarian for the sake of Moz, but it just doesn't¿ work like that. I did it 'for the animals', yet still wear¿ leather shoes, drive a car, use electricty, consume dairy¿ products, etc. Simply adjusting one's diet is not advocation of¿ animal rights. So many things disrupt animal life, and¿ vegetarianism is not necessarily correct for animal rights, but¿ for the health of the human body. Veganism is a more correct¿ approach, but it is a bit too strict for my life. I recently am¿ trying to be vegetarian once again, but only to supplement my¿ exercise and no other reason.

I was a vegetarian before I started listening to Moz, but I think it helped turn me on to his music. I couldn't buy into the celebacy thing though...

> I was just wondering if there are any vegetarians or vegans¿ here? I am a vegan myself and I live in Sweden and here most¿ vegans listen to hardcore including most vegan friends of mind.¿ Hardcore is a music I really can't relate to, but I think it's¿ grate that it makes people to think about animal rights.

animal rights?

Have¿ anyone stopped eating meat because of Morrisseys lyrics? If you¿ are not a vegetarian then what's your opinion on Morrisseys¿ lyrics to Meat is murder?

Morrissey's lyrics to Meat is Murder do paint a vulgar picture, but (come-on now) ::as i once read on a bumpersticker cleverly slapped onto the back of a rusted olive green Pinto:: Meat is Dinner. I could never really get into the whole "animals are people, too" argument. Morrissey's lyrics are wonderfully written...but definitely could not sway my eating habits.

hey... i'm vegan and into both moz and hardcore. the hardcore scene as well as morrissey advocate vegetarianism, but i became vegetarian some time before. i guess it was all linked together now as i see it in retrospect.
love aaron

tjenare stefan. var nån stans i sverige bor du?

ROCK

> Morrissey's lyrics to Meat is Murder do paint a vulgar picture,¿ but (come-on now) ::as i once read on a bumpersticker cleverly¿ slapped onto the back of a rusted olive green Pinto:: Meat is¿ Dinner. I could never really get into the whole "animals¿ are people, too" argument. Morrissey's lyrics are¿ wonderfully written...but definitely could not sway my eating¿ habits.

Well, I respect your opinion, but I must say that I think it is sad that you feel this way. I am not going to give you a lecture on way you shouldn't eat meat, but I must ask you:
Don't you think that violence towards humans are connected whit violence towards animals?

so many illustrations

> Morrissey's lyrics to Meat is Murder do paint a vulgar picture,¿ but (come-on now) ::as i once read on a bumpersticker cleverly¿ slapped onto the back of a rusted olive green Pinto:: Meat is¿ Dinner. I could never really get into the whole "animals¿ are people, too" argument. Morrissey's lyrics are¿ wonderfully written...but definitely could not sway my eating¿ habits.

Well, I respect your opinion, but I must say that I think it is sad that you feel this way.
I am not going to give you a lecture on way you shouldn't eat meat, but I must ask you:
Don't you think that violence towards humans are connected with violence towards animals?

so many illustrations

once upon a time, I looked a slab of bloody steak dead in the eye (sitting on the plate before me), and I lost my desire for meat forever. I hate it when certain "vegetarians" still eat chicken and such, what a sell out. Though sometimes I eat oysters and sardines. But yeah, Morrissey's fabulous Meat is Murder did affect me.
I love Gardenburgers.

the parent's trend

> I was just wondering if there are any vegetarians or vegans¿ here?

I became a vegetarian seven years ago, and Moz was a direct influence on my decision. I grew up on a farm, and I can remember my grandfather crying when he loaded young calves into a truck to transport to the stockyards The love of animals and respect for them was something I learned as a child. I have not relapsed in these seven years, and I don't even feel tempted to eat animal flesh..

> Well, I respect your opinion, but I must say that I think it is¿ sad that you feel this way. I am not going to give you a lecture¿ on way you shouldn't eat meat, but I must ask you:¿ Don't you think that violence towards humans are connected whit¿ violence towards animals?

good question.

i think both violences are connected.

and i think sometimes is good to be violent.

morrissey music is sometimes violent.

"So chucking, churning, and turning the knife
On everything (except their own life) "

understand me: everyone around me was violent with me and i simply didn't anything because i was too pacific.

so i had to stop it. i think i did the right thing...

portugal at its best

> Don't you think that violence towards humans are connected whit¿ violence towards animals?

No, how silly. Maybe I'm misunderstanding you, but I see no connection. I think you would have to elaborate (just a bit) before you sell me on that one.

Re: um....what?

> animal rights?¿ Have¿ Morrissey's lyrics to Meat is Murder do paint a vulgar picture,¿ but (come-on now) ::as i once read on a bumpersticker cleverly¿ slapped onto the back of a rusted olive green Pinto:: Meat is¿ Dinner. I could never really get into the whole "animals¿ are people, too" argument. Morrissey's lyrics are¿ wonderfully written...but definitely could not sway my eating¿ habits.
That was by far the most moronic response to this question yet. Congrats!

You're So Charming!

> That was by far the most moronic response to this question yet.¿ Congrats!

THANKS! you're such a sweetheart.

> Well, I respect your opinion, but I must say that I think it is¿ sad that you feel this way. I am not going to give you a lecture¿ on way you shouldn't eat meat, but I must ask you:¿ Don't you think that violence towards humans are connected whit¿ violence towards animals?

Yes, it's all a pathetic power trip. I'm vegan of course. Moz is a hypocrite for eating dairy and wearing leather when he claims to care about animal welfare. If "Meat is Murder" moved you check out Nik Kershaw's "Save the Whale" (relevant for today's news--whale hunting.)

> good question.¿ i think both violences are connected.¿ and i think sometimes is good to be violent.¿ morrissey music is sometimes violent.¿ "So chucking, churning, and turning the knife¿ On everything (except their own life) "¿ understand me: everyone around me was violent with me and i¿ simply didn't anything because i was too pacific.¿ so i had to stop it. i think i did the right thing...

Are you saying you killed someone? Cool.

I hate it when certain ANYONE eats oysters and sardines. gross.¿ once upon a time, I looked a slab of bloody steak dead in the¿ eye (sitting on the plate before me), and I lost my desire for¿ meat forever. I hate it when certain "vegetarians"¿ still eat chicken and such, what a sell out. Though sometimes I¿ eat oysters and sardines. But yeah, Morrissey's fabulous Meat is¿ Murder did affect me.¿ I love Gardenburgers.

> Yes, it's all a pathetic power trip. I'm vegan of course. Moz is¿ a hypocrite for eating dairy and wearing leather when he claims¿ to care about animal welfare.

I can understand the leather part, but I don't see how animals are necessarily mistreated in the dairy dept. Sure, it's probably uncomfortable, at best, but is it cruelty?

I don't eat meat (for most of the reasons listed), but darned if I'm going to give up my chocolate milk and desserts!

Vegetarian, (if you haven't already)there is a great interview Moz did with a vegetarian magazine on this site. I love "Meat is Murder", its a great ending track to that album.
-jake

> I can understand the leather part, but I don't see how animals¿ are necessarily mistreated in the dairy dept. Sure, it's¿ probably uncomfortable, at best, but is it cruelty?

It's rape and murder, that's all.¿ I don't eat meat (for most of the reasons listed), but darned if¿ I'm going to give up my chocolate milk and desserts!

Since when does "milk" equal "bovine lactation"? That's a narrow view. And I've never met a vegan who gave up desserts! I ate chocolate & peanut butter Soy Delicious tonight and loved it!

vegan action