Sandie Shaw "Steven you don't eat meat???

Thank you!!!

Last edited:
I just listened to it - brutal (!) - cringe inducing vocals - tacky lyrics - pseudo smithy music - deadly!!! thanks so much for this - I had no idea of the existence of this song - it's so bad it's already brilliant!!!! (I wonder what ole mozzer thinks of this cringing tune...)

I just listened to it - brutal (!) - cringe inducing vocals - tacky lyrics - pseudo smithy music - deadly!!! thanks so much for this - I had no idea of the existence of this song - it's so bad it's already brilliant!!!! (I wonder what ole mozzer thinks of this cringing tune...)
She paraphrased the line "stay on my arm, you little charmer" ("Steven, you little charmer"), which is ironic since she previously changed the same line in her (awful) version of Hand In Glove: "I'll stay on your arm because you're so charming"! :eek: :mad: Why, why did she think that line needed to be changed?!

She paraphrased the line "stay on my arm, you little charmer" ("Steven, you little charmer"), which is ironic since she previously changed the same line in her (awful) version of Hand In Glove: "I'll stay on your arm because you're so charming"! :eek: :mad: Why, why did she think that line needed to be changed?!

oh god - her hand in glove disaster - I can't even listen to that - my god - it gives me nightmares!!!!

It seems a Sandie-hating club is forming... ;) :D You, me and Kuiper so far...:)

I hated her at first, too, but it's grown on me. "I Don't Owe You Nuffink" (as she calls it) and "Jeane" are quite alright. Some of her non-Moz-penned songs are decent, too. And I'd never heard of her 6 months ago--she was never popular here in the U.S. (AFAICT).

Oh yes, I like her Jeane better than Mozzer's. You can hear that she was a proper vocalist at the time, while our Moz was a mere aspirant :p

Oh yes, I like her Jeane better than Mozzer's. You can hear that she was a proper vocalist at the time, while our Moz was a mere aspirant :p
Her Jeane is better than Morrissey's, his vocal on that track was one of his worst. her I Don't Owe You Anything is good, too. But those are really the only two good songs she recorded (not counting Hand In Glove, which she ruined). None of her songs from the 60s that I've heard are in any way interesting. I was joking when I said I hated her - I just don't see anything special about her. She's an OK singer, most of her material sounds forgettable, that's all.

But at least her songs not as awful as Lulu's. :eek:

that 'meat' song is incredibly awful - but VERY funny. "you in your gladioli" - "you took to your bed again are you still ill" - hahaha - how silly really - and "you don't eat meat but you eat your heart out" - ah man - I have hardly ever heard anything kookier in my life!

but as far as hand in glove: it's not a matter of good voice or not, but not every voice fits every song and every musical style...

Back
Top Bottom