Soulseek help

Unlikely One

Hi all, ive been happily using soulseek until now. It froze during a download and i cant get it to work again. Everytime i open it it continues to freeze. I have cleaned out all my temp files and stuff, uninstalled then reinstalled and rebooted but each time i open it it still has the download listed and freezes again. Anyone any ideas how to get things going again, particualrly how to erase the download that it keeps listing. I thought by running ccleaner and then rebooting and reinstalling it would clear everything but obviously has not. Much frustrating. Any help appreciated.

If you're using Windows XP and have Service Pack 2 installed this is what happens... I think you're basicly screwed, like me. :(

I had the same problem using SP2. This is how i got it corrected:

Download whatever the latest BETA Test version is. Leave your old version on your computer. Once you install the Test Version you will have 2 listings for SLSK in your START--->ALL PROGRAMS menu. Use the Test version for awhile. I found that after I loaded it and ran it a few times I was able to switch back to the original version, but if I uninstalled the TEST version I had would have the same original problems. Sounds retarded, but it worked for me. Just thought you might like to try what worked on this end.

BR

thanks for that folks. yes xp and sp2. not good really. I seem to be having some success with the beta version so fingers crossed. I'll try and post a coupla gigs soon as a tq

Back
Top Bottom