Two questions....

dizzywhore_1804

A big-nose who knows...
Hi guys, been lurking around for a while but never posted before....

A few quick questions:
1. I'm one of the few (or so it seems) that likes 'PLease Help The Cause Against Lonliness', was this a song actually written by Morrissey for himself to sing? And I also heard there are 3 versions...which ones are worth finding?

2. Is the live version of 'Asleep' worth hunting down? I'd love to have it but don't wanna be let down, lol

Many thanks guys and gals, hope to post lots more in the future :)

Hiya.

Can't help ya I'm afraid, but just wanted to way WELCOME!!!

(Are you the lovely lass with a similar user name on Myspace btw....)

yuk! creepy!

Im not sure whether "Please help the cause against loneliness" was originally intended for Morrissey himself or whether it was intended for Sandie Shaw. I think the 3 versions you are talking about are the Sandie Shaw version, the Morrissey version and the Morrissey version with Shaw on backing vocals. I only have the Sandie Shaw version and the Morrissey version and I actually quite like the song also.
As for Asleep I wouldn't know because I haven't heard it, but I believe it is already uploaded on here somewhere.

:)

Hi guys, been lurking around for a while but never posted before....

A few quick questions:
1. I'm one of the few (or so it seems) that likes 'PLease Help The Cause Against Lonliness', was this a song actually written by Morrissey for himself to sing? And I also heard there are 3 versions...which ones are worth finding?

2. Is the live version of 'Asleep' worth hunting down? I'd love to have it but don't wanna be let down, lol

Many thanks guys and gals, hope to post lots more in the future :)
I think it was just a soundcheck. But try to search the forum, im sure it has been posted. Welcome to the forum:)

"Asleep" is only available from the Inverness soundcheck in '86, I think. It's not essential listening, although it's interesting to hear.

I'm sure it's easy to find in the downloads section.

Back
Top Bottom