Morrissey - 2006.12.07 - NIA, Birmingham, ENGLAND

You my friend, are most welcome.

BR

Thanks AGAIN!!
I gave up hope that it would ever see the light of day (like the other birmingham bootleg from the symphony hall)....but it's here!
The quality is better than i could've hoped for too :D

Thanks!!!

Many thanks

BoyRacer - you're a star (yet again).
Thank you.

Brought to you in part by students at Southampton Solent. Enjoy....

Artist: Morrissey
Date: 2006.12.07
Venue: National Indoor Arena
Size: 79.1 MB
Download link: http://download.yousendit.com/F655CBBB3F346748

Did you Steal this from Smiths torrents , cause this is my recording .
I did ask nicely for people not to change this to MP3 , but it fell on deaf ears.
Anyone wanting the FLAC version go to
http://www.smithstorrents.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=876
Where there is also the Video of the Wembley gig as well , seeded by me , bought off E-Bay.

Enjoy your MP3 ,
Keith

Keith, help me understand your position on this -- I have a few questions for you I don't know the answers to:

1) How did BR technically "steal" this from Torrents? Once it's posted, presumably it's there for the taking, otherwise why post it? And then, of course, however the downloader wants to proceed next is surely up to him, right?

2) Why would you not want the recording to be changed to .mp3? I'm not clear as to why a) you would want this to be the case, and b) why you would think at some point, probably soon, someone would anyway?

Not trying to rile you or anything, but clarification would be good. Maybe I'll come round to your point of view.

JR

Keith, help me understand your position on this -- I have a few questions for you I don't know the answers to:

1) How did BR technically "steal" this from Torrents? Once it's posted, presumably it's there for the taking, otherwise why post it? And then, of course, however the downloader wants to proceed next is surely up to him, right?

2) Why would you not want the recording to be changed to .mp3? I'm not clear as to why a) you would want this to be the case, and b) why you would think at some point, probably soon, someone would anyway?

Not trying to rile you or anything, but clarification would be good. Maybe I'll come round to your point of view.

JR

Right , I put the Torrent on smiths torrents as a FLAC file , far superior to MP3, would you agree.
I don't mind people sharing it , as I wrote in my post on Smithstorrents, but please keep it as FLAC , that's all i asked for , it just felt liked it had been stolen once the format had been changed.
I know you are trying your best to get me riled , well try a bit harder .
I hope that explains my point of view .
HAPPY NEW YEAR ,
Keith.

I'm sorry, but Keith is just being... Well, bitchy, here.

The Morrissey Bootlegs community is about sharing and helping others complete their collections. I simply don't know what you plan to get from attempting to stop people from having .MP3 versions.

This is coming from someone who totally understands the considerable difference between FLAC and MP3. Played on a superior system, original CD flac files can sound tremendous compared to MP3s.

But this community is about sharing, not about collecting some sort of personal name and merit for recording the bootlegs. I've made a cover design, seen here:

http://www.akiraware.com/artwork/coveritbeginsintheheartfront.jpg
http://www.akiraware.com/artwork/coveritbeginsintheheartback.jpg

Now, normally as it's a piece of art, if someone took my art and changed it, I would be quite peeved. But this is unofficial stuff, made in my own spare time, for a community where material is shared. If changes in the design somehow helped some people, like for example someone making the type bigger so that visually impaired people could view it with more ease, that'd be great!

Sharing bootlegs is not about personal gain, egos and name value, it's about giving people what they need for their own collections, and potentially, they will give more back which makes everyone happy. If you can't deal with this, then I really think your in the wrong place.

I'm sorry, but Keith is just being... Well, bitchy, here.

The Morrissey Bootlegs community is about sharing and helping others complete their collections. I simply don't know what you plan to get from attempting to stop people from having .MP3 versions.

This is coming from someone who totally understands the considerable difference between FLAC and MP3. Played on a superior system, original CD flac files can sound tremendous compared to MP3s.

But this community is about sharing, not about collecting some sort of personal name and merit for recording the bootlegs. I've made a cover design, seen here:

http://www.akiraware.com/artwork/coveritbeginsintheheartfront.jpg
http://www.akiraware.com/artwork/coveritbeginsintheheartback.jpg

Now, normally as it's a piece of art, if someone took my art and changed it, I would be quite peeved. But this is unofficial stuff, made in my own spare time, for a community where material is shared. If changes in the design somehow helped some people, like for example someone making the type bigger so that visually impaired people could view it with more ease, that'd be great!

Sharing bootlegs is not about personal gain, egos and name value, it's about giving people what they need for their own collections, and potentially, they will give more back which makes everyone happy. If you can't deal with this, then I really think your in the wrong place.

Oh it's one of those forums is it where everyone jumps on one person and rips shreads out of them.
I consider myself well and trully told , thankyou , now drop the subject.
AND I think my original Artwork that came with the original torrent is better .
LOL.

CHEERS
Keith. p.s. Now that should make more people join in , great isn't it , NOT.

Keith-

I get why you may be disappointed or upset that someone converted your file to mp3, but could I ask a question?

If someone had asked you for permission to convert it, to share it in a community that rarely deals with .flac files, would you have allowed them to do so?

It's a hard argument to make that someone "stole" a show you uploaded to a file sharing site, and I'm sorry that you're disappointed that someone converted it without asking. That said, I hope you know how happy your sharing of the show has made many of us.

I appreciate the fact that you recorded it and kindly shared it, and I hope that you understand that converting it to mp3 was done to make it more widely available to others who would be grateful to have it, and grateful to you for recording it.

I'm not jumping on you. I just wanted to share a different perspective, and my appreciation for the fact that you recorded and shared the show. And thanks for buying and sharing the DVD from eBay. Very good of you.

- unrulyboy -

Oh it's one of those forums is it where everyone jumps on one person and rips shreads out of them.
I consider myself well and trully told , thankyou , now drop the subject.
AND I think my original Artwork that came with the original torrent is better .
LOL.

CHEERS
Keith. p.s. Now that should make more people join in , great isn't it , NOT.

Sigh... Are you 6 years old?

I was using the artwork as an example of what I was saying, to be honest, I'm not even too happy with it. If you'd taken notice, the artwork is not for the Birmingham show, it's for a festival performance from the summer. So whether it's better or not is irrelevant. I'm interested to see the art though, post it? I like to see new designs as I like to get inspiration from wherever.

Let me just remind, that you are the one who jumped down people's throats to begin with, with the whole .MP3 issue.

Keith-

I get why you may be disappointed or upset that someone converted your file to mp3, but could I ask a question?

If someone had asked you for permission to convert it, to share it in a community that rarely deals with .flac files, would you have allowed them to do so?

It's a hard argument to make that someone "stole" a show you uploaded to a file sharing site, and I'm sorry that you're disappointed that someone converted it without asking. That said, I hope you know how happy your sharing of the show has made many of us.

I appreciate the fact that you recorded it and kindly shared it, and I hope that you understand that converting it to mp3 was done to make it more widely available to others who would be grateful to have it, and grateful to you for recording it.

I'm not jumping on you. I just wanted to share a different perspective, and my appreciation for the fact that you recorded and shared the show. And thanks for buying and sharing the DVD from eBay. Very good of you.

- unrulyboy -

Agreed. Well said.

Sigh... Are you 6 years old?

I was using the artwork as an example of what I was saying, to be honest, I'm not even too happy with it. If you'd taken notice, the artwork is not for the Birmingham show, it's for a festival performance from the summer. So whether it's better or not is irrelevant. I'm interested to see the art though, post it? I like to see new designs as I like to get inspiration from wherever.

Let me just remind, that you are the one who jumped down people's throats to begin with, with the whole .MP3 issue.

This getting out of hand don't you think , just forget it .
No you won't let it lie will you .
As a matter of fact I'm 47 , have a Brain disease which is crippling me and it gets worse with stress , so reading your comments have had there effect .
Thanks for making me ill.

Download the file off Smithstorrents and see the Artwork , it's just somehting I put together in 5 minutes, so isn't brilliant .

BUT PLEASE DROP ALL THIS.

CHEERS
Keith.

Thanks for making me ill.

I think this comment is inappropriate. Whether or not you choose to get upset/angry is no ones fault. All of the posts in this thread have been perfectly reasonable.

Last edited:
First off... DONT sit there and accuse me of Stealing anything. If this was your original bootleg, don't come crying to me when you...YOU post it in a public forum like smiths-torrents, then wonder why it is showing up on solo. What, you think this is copyrighted material because YOU bootlegged it? I can give two shits what you think or how pissed you may be, but ultimately your the one who initially posted it in a public forum on the internet, and until you figure out a way to control everyone on the internet stop crying about it.

Secondly, how can you accuse me of converting this file from flac to mp3. Additionally, how can you EVER make the request for people NOT to convert it to mp3 when its on the INTERNET. Yes I understand compression rates and audio quality, and I understand what your trying to accomplish, however you still can not control what happens to the bootleg once you release it.

Other items you need to consider before you go throwing arrows in my direction:

A. You don't own the rights to the bootleg!

B You posted it in a public forum in the first place

C. You can not control what people want to do with the show. I can piss all over it or convert it to a word document and ultimately you cant do SHIT.

D. If you dont want your stuff passed around and/or converted then STOP Posting it up for downloading on torrents.

E. Don't ever accuse me of stealing, when your the one posting it on a public forum. You don't know me.

F. Don't accuse me of changing your compression rates or altering your postings/files. If you have the proof that I was indeed the one that did, then you can come at me. But until that point...go f*** yourself.

G. Password protecting uploaded files DOES NOT WORK. So if you were considering that as an option, it doesn't work, it only delays release of your material.

H. As a side note, I didn't get your show off of the torrents site, I got it from another location. Sooooooooo apparently your show has spread faster and further than your initially thought.

Now, don't get me wrong. I do respect you as a bootlegger and as an audiophile that wants to have the best show possible out there for a particular date. I do think it would be a loss if you stopped sharing the gems that you have. But, don't come in her complaining and accusing me of stealing. Because ultimately all your gonna get from me is a big f*** YOU VERY MUCH. Now if you could have come in here and asked me like an adult where I acquired that show, and addressed your concerns with me directly then we could have handled this on a whole different level. But, you chose to address me in the manner where you would just run in here and start shooting. Sadly, that is becoming a more and more typical mentality.

First off... DONT sit there and accuse me of Stealing anything. If this was your original bootleg, don't come crying to me when you...YOU post it in a public forum like smiths-torrents, then wonder why it is showing up on solo. What, you think this is copyrighted material because YOU bootlegged it? I can give two shits what you think or how pissed you may be, but ultimately your the one who initially posted it in a public forum on the internet, and until you figure out a way to control everyone on the internet stop crying about it.

Secondly, how can you accuse me of converting this file from flac to mp3. Additionally, how can you EVER make the request for people NOT to convert it to mp3 when its on the INTERNET. Yes I understand compression rates and audio quality, and I understand what your trying to accomplish, however you still can not control what happens to the bootleg once you release it.

Other items you need to consider before you go throwing arrows in my direction:

A. You don't own the rights to the bootleg!

B You posted it in a public forum in the first place

C. You can not control what people want to do with the show. I can piss all over it or convert it to a word document and ultimately you cant do SHIT.

D. If you dont want your stuff passed around and/or converted then STOP Posting it up for downloading on torrents.

E. Don't ever accuse me of stealing, when your the one posting it on a public forum. You don't know me.

F. Don't accuse me of changing your compression rates or altering your postings/files. If you have the proof that I was indeed the one that did, then you can come at me. But until that point...go f*** yourself.

G. Password protecting uploaded files DOES NOT WORK. So if you were considering that as an option, it doesn't work, it only delays release of your material.

H. As a side note, I didn't get your show off of the torrents site, I got it from another location. Sooooooooo apparently your show has spread faster and further than your initially thought.

Now, don't get me wrong. I do respect you as a bootlegger and as an audiophile that wants to have the best show possible out there for a particular date. I do think it would be a loss if you stopped sharing the gems that you have. But, don't come in her complaining and accusing me of stealing. Because ultimately all your gonna get from me is a big f*** YOU VERY MUCH. Now if you could have come in here and asked me like an adult where I acquired that show, and addressed your concerns with me directly then we could have handled this on a whole different level. But, you chose to address me in the manner where you would just run in here and start shooting. Sadly, that is becoming a more and more typical mentality.

Lovely speech , loads of swear words , that's going to really make a difference.
I apologise for accusing you of stealing, I worded it wrong , there were personal messages sent to me on Smiths torrents saying that someone had taken it and put it on here in MP3 format , you might appreciate , i wasn't too pleased .
But all the hangers on that have had a go at me since , just makes me wonder why i put in on in the first place.
I only mentioned i had the recording when people were begging me to put the Wembley DVD on here.[ which they somehow found out by going on E-Bay]
It took me ages to work out how to seed it [ my first Torrent and last ] and now I get all this stick. I thought I was doing people a favour but this is the thanks I get.

LOOK , I'm Sorry for accusing you , lets keep this civil.
I wish everyone a Happy New Year and please let this drop.:D

CHEERS
Keith.:)

P.S. Anyone know of a Smiths Boot with ' Suffer Little Children ' on it ??????
P.P.S.
Or shouldn't i be asking ?????? :eek:

Keith-

first of all, thank you very much for recording the show and sharing it on smithstorrents. I listened to it last night and thought it was a very good recording.
But please consider one thing: some people just cannot download big files. It would be a bit unfair to exclude those who are on dial up - and yes, there still are a lot of people who are. I know what I'm talking about, I didn't have broadband until about one year ago. I'm sure posting this here in mp3 has made a lot of people very happy. Yes, I know about the differences in quality, but seriously, if I was on dial-up and the only show I had been to surfaced on the internet I wouldn't give a f*** if the quality was slightly inferior, as long as I would be able to download it.

Thanks again for the bootleg and the Wembley DVD, it's really appreciated.

Back
Top Bottom