Which b-sides do you like better than the a-sides?

Kuiper

Better than Marr
We've all talked (a lot) about how great the b-sides are, and I'm always reading people saying how superior this b-side is to that a-side, and so I want to know what b-sides you all think are superior to the a-sides.

Back to the Old House and These Things Take Time/What Difference Does It Make?
Please Please Please Let Me Get What I Want and How Soon is Now?/William, It Was Really Nothing
Unlovable/Bigmouth Strikes Again
Sweet and Tender Hooligan/Sheila, Take a Bow
Hairdresser on Fire/Suedehead
Lucky Lisp/The Last of the Famous International Playboys
I've Changed My Plea to Guilty/My Love Life
Jack the Ripper (studio version)/Certain People I Know
Whatever Happens, I Love You/Boxers
Nobody Loves Us and You Must Please Remember/Dagenham Dave
A Swallow on My Neck/Sunny
The Edges Are No Longer Parallel/Roy's Keen
The Public Image/I Have Forgiven Jesus
Good Looking Man About Town and I Knew I Was Next/You Have Killed Me
If You Don't Like Me, Don't Look at Me, Ganglord, and A Song from Under the Floorboards/The Youngest Was the Most Loved

Last edited:
well, our of yours, I agree with:
We've all talked (a lot) about how great the b-sides are, and I'm always reading people saying how superior this b-side is to that a-side, and so I want to know what b-sides you all think are superior to the a-sides.

Back to the Old House and These Things Take Time/What Difference Does It Make?
Please Please Please Let Me Get What I Want and How Soon is Now?/William, It Was Really Nothing
Unlovable/Bigmouth Strikes Again
Sweet and Tender Hooligan/Sheila, Take a Bow
Hairdresser on Fire/Suedehead
Lucky Lisp/The Last of the Famous International Playboys
I've Changed My Plea to Guilty/My Love Life
Jack the Ripper (studio version)/Certain People I Know obviously.
Whatever Happens, I Love You/Boxers
Nobody Loves Us and You Must Please Remember/Dagenham Dave
definitely.
A Swallow on My Neck/Sunny
The Edges Are No Longer Parallel/Roy's Keen Almost anything would be better than Roy's Keen :rolleyes:
The Public Image/I Have Forgiven Jesus (I like The Public Image, but Jesus is a great song.)
Good Looking Man About Town/You Have Killed Me
If You Don't Like Me, Don't Look at Me, Ganglord, and A Song from Under the Floorboards/The Youngest Was the Most Loved
+
Asleep and Rubber Ring/The Boy With the Thorn In His Side
Half A Person/Shoplifters of the World Unite
Yes, I Am Blind/Ouija Board, Ouija Board
I'd Love To/The More You Ignore Me, The Closer I Get (I like The More You Ignore Me, but I LOVE I'd Love To. Whether it's objectively superior or inferior, I don't know and don't care.)
This Is Not Your Country/Satan Rejected My Soul
Friday Mourning/Let Me Kiss You
Sweetie-Pie/I Just Want To See The Boy Happy

well, our of yours, I agree with:
+
Asleep and Rubber Ring/The Boy With the Thorn In His Side
Half A Person/Shoplifters of the World Unite
Yes, I Am Blind/Ouija Board, Ouija Board
I'd Love To/The More You Ignore Me, The Closer I Get (I like The More You Ignore Me, but I LOVE I'd Love To. Whether it's objectively superior or inferior, I don't know and don't care.)
This Is Not Your Country/Satan Rejected My Soul
Friday Mourning/Let Me Kiss You
Sweetie-Pie/I Just Want To See The Boy Happy

Half a Person is great (and I love London too), but Shoplifters is probably one of my top five Smiths songs. And I adore Asleep and Rubber Ring, but The Boy with the Thorn in His Side barely edges them out. Also Friday Mourning and Let Me Kiss You were neck and neck, but I just went for the a-side because the list had gotten long enough already. And I still like Yes, I Am Blind, I'd Love To, This is Not Your Country, and (despite the shockingly negative reaction to it) Sweetie Pie. Actually I really just like all the music. :)

Half a Person is great (and I love London too), but Shoplifters is probably one of my top five Smiths songs. And I adore Asleep and Rubber Ring, but The Boy with the Thorn in His Side barely edges them out. Also Friday Mourning and Let Me Kiss You were neck and neck, but I just went for the a-side because the list had gotten long enough already. And I still like Yes, I Am Blind, I'd Love To, This is Not Your Country, and (despite the shockingly negative reaction to it) Sweetie Pie. Actually I really just like all the music. :)
I just dislike the studio version of The Boy With The Thorn In His Side. I would always rather listen to the live version from Rank.

Yeah I just got Rank the I think the live version is really good. But for some reason I am in love with Marr's guitar work on that song the studio version. I just think it is brilliant. But that's just me. :)

Back
Top Bottom