It could be worse...

Uncleskinny

It's all good
Subscriber
My missus has been listening to Virgin Radio, and at this time of year, they do an all-time top 500. Oh dear.You'd never believe the top 10. No, really, you'll be depressed beyond belief. A little ray of light at 211 however.

http://www.virginradio.co.uk/music/charts/top_500/index.html?gotopage=6

Here I am, another stifled Sunday night, seeing the new year in with my lovely spouse. Have a good one everyone, and make 2007 one of the very best Moz years.

Peter

Oh how I despise U2.... I don't know why... I just hate them with a fiery passion of a thousand suns. Just thought I'd throw that little gem out there :p

Happy new year all! I'm off to... ... celebrate ha!

Is this of all time? If so how can Snow Patrol’s Chasing Cars be number one?!?! Sure they are a decent band who is a small ray of light in a vomit riddled music industry which about as much direction as a drunk, but when you think of all the songs ever released, that wouldn’t even make the top fifty on my list. I have to say I do not like The Goo Goo Dolls but Iris is a very good song, a great song if I’m being honest. I’ve lost all respect for the list after Kaiser Chiefs came in at number five. I loved them when they first came out, but now I cannot listen to their album, it’s been over played so many times, if I hear I predict a riot once more, I will book myself into a home for the mentally insane.

Losing my religion by REM should be in the top ten, when you look at the tripe above it. Yellow by Coldplay is a decent song, even though I cannot stand Chris Martin or Coldplay. It shouldn’t be anywhere near that part of the table. The Beatles have featured 32 times and have been outdone by The Killers, Kaiser Chiefs and Green day and Razorlight. That’s a travesty, it truly is. The Clash’s song ‘should I stay or should I go’ should have been a lot higher than twenty eight. I am not a Led Zep fan but Stairway to Heaven is an amazing piece of music, yet it’s forty seventh, I’ll think I’ll stop reading it now.

Was this a poll where people could vote? Or did someone from Virgin come up with this list? If so they can’t be very old, because most modern music isn’t even a patch on the older music.

Where's Freebird by Lynyrd Skynyrd? I'm disgusted.

Fear not.... I assume this was a poll voted for by fans?
If so, the majority of fans who vote are at the 'younger' age range - hence Razorlight and Snow Patrol up in the top end of the list.
I recall in the mid / late 80's wonderful Radio 1 did a similar poll.
The top 3 was The Beatles, Queen and..... wait for it... Bros!
Yes, the 'Greatest Ever Single' was ''When will I be famous?''
So merely substitute Snow patrol for Bros and you get the same kind of poll 20 years on.
Do the same poll in 2 years time and it will be 'Razor who?' and 'Snow what?'

The Goat

Is this of all time? If so how can Snow Patrol’s Chasing Cars be number one?!?! Sure they are a decent band who is a small ray of light in a vomit riddled music industry which about as much direction as a drunk, but when you think of all the songs ever released, that wouldn’t even make the top fifty on my list. I have to say I do not like The Goo Goo Dolls but Iris is a very good song, a great song if I’m being honest. I’ve lost all respect for the list after Kaiser Chiefs came in at number five. I loved them when they first came out, but now I cannot listen to their album, it’s been over played so many times, if I hear I predict a riot once more, I will book myself into a home for the mentally insane.

Losing my religion by REM should be in the top ten, when you look at the tripe above it. Yellow by Coldplay is a decent song, even though I cannot stand Chris Martin or Coldplay. It shouldn’t be anywhere near that part of the table. The Beatles have featured 32 times and have been outdone by The Killers, Kaiser Chiefs and Green day and Razorlight. That’s a travesty, it truly is. The Clash’s song ‘should I stay or should I go’ should have been a lot higher than twenty eight. I am not a Led Zep fan but Stairway to Heaven is an amazing piece of music, yet it’s forty seventh, I’ll think I’ll stop reading it now.

Was this a poll where people could vote? Or did someone from Virgin come up with this list? If so they can’t be very old, because most modern music isn’t even a patch on the older music.

Where's Freebird by Lynyrd Skynyrd? I'm disgusted.

LOL!!!!!!!!!! This is exactly how I feel, I can feel your rage from here!!!!I couldn't even bring myself to look at the rest of the list, I had a fair idea it was going to make me very very distressed, and I am a bit fragile, so thought it best not to confirm my suspitions.

Oh my god, not even the NME would do such a list. The only pleasant surprise I got was that The Specials was on the list with "Too Much Too Young", on an embarrasing #200 however.

:(

Back
Top Bottom