Post your Morrissey artwork here

where did you spot that shirt????? I never posted it!!!!!

OH MY GOD - WHY - I had no idea my photobucket album could just be viewed like that by inputting my user name without a password - how insensitive of them!!! Jeeez.

Well - yes - anyway - I painted this shirt and noone that saw it could recognizes a human head. hedgehog - horse - pidgeon: those were the things people "recognised"

So I painted over it again with more colours. Still: same reactions.
I guess only people who know the original photo can recognize a human head on this one.

So, the original only black and white horse-hedgehog was this:

acrylic-shirt.jpg

yes, I washed it a few times already and it is perfect. acrylic on fabric WORKS!

OMG what a fabby shirt, and one of my FAVE moz pics too...
*jealous*;)

OH MY GOD - WHY - I had no idea my photobucket album could just be viewed like that by inputting my user name without a password - how insensitive of them!!! Jeeez.

Well - yes - anyway - I painted this shirt and noone that saw it could recognizes a human head. hedgehog - horse - pidgeon: those were the things people "recognised"

So I painted over it again with more colours. Still: same reactions.
I guess only people who know the original photo can recognize a human head on this one.

So, the original only black and white horse-hedgehog was this:

acrylic-shirt.jpg

yes, I washed it a few times already and it is perfect. acrylic on fabric WORKS!

I LURVE THAT SHIRT!! WISH I HAD ME ONE.

ok, just tried scanning it in - so here's part of the new cartoon hedgehog :D

scan0006.jpg

maybe I'll throw a bucket of paint over it and turn it into modern art ;)

Beautiful as always......nicely done ;-)

Lilikoi you are very talented. I can't do watercolours for the life of me, as you said, so unforgiving. I loved the paintings on your site too, especially the pastel of the autumn forest, gorgeous! glad you started again :)

wow i didn't know acrylics worked on fabrics, it doesn't wash out? will have to try that.

ok, just tried scanning it in - so here's part of the new cartoon hedgehog :D

scan0006.jpg

maybe I'll throw a bucket of paint over it and turn it into modern art ;)

Don't you dare!!! ;)

Just thought I'd show a couple of t-shirts I've made lately after being inspired by the creativity on here! They're not bad for first attempts but the white paint has come off a bit after being washed so I'll have to go over that again. And the black text is a bit wobbly but I was going for the home-made look... ahem :o

They are Amazing...:) Can you do me one.....I'll pay:)

Aw thank you! Are you sure you want one?! I'd love to make one for you, what design would you want? I could do you a different picture/ any text you'd like instead :)

You are most welcome.....:) i really like the b/w one but if i am going to be able to wear it, i was thinking of something like this....."you're not right in the head and nor am I and this is why, this is why I like you"....only a Moz fan would get it:D

That's a great quote, I do love wearing things that only make sense to those in the know! So would you like that image alongside it? Do you want to PM me then I can ask you a few more questions :)

Well, I'm a clever girl, you know? ;) And I'm trying everything.

I like the over-painted shirt either. And I love shirts where just insiders know who is it. And I like abstract pictures. So this shirt could be from me? Can I steal the motif? :D

And it's good to know I can use acrylic on fabric. I have so many acrylic colours here at home - but no more white shirts. Hmpf.

may i ask how you make these t-shirts? ignorant person that i am:eek:

cheers

For the shirts I made I used this stuff called fabric medium which you just mix a little bit with to any acrylic paint colour you want to use. It was pretty cheap, about £1.50 from an art shop and it seems to work pretty well, I did about three layers of paint to make sure it soaked in. And I used the method lilikoi explained, it's pretty easy, just a bit time consuming :)

Wow! I am really impressed by all this art work on here. I like to draw & paint, but have never painted moz, I think I have to give this a go, you've all inspired me to try. Tbevie, I really like your charcoal drawings, I try to do portraits, but usually in pencil, I must give it a go in charcoal. Also Mozmic_dancer, I really like your graphic work how have you done them, is it on illustrator & photoshop. Again I must give that a go, Im in to graphics as well.

Just thought I'd show a couple of t-shirts I've made lately after being inspired by the creativity on here! They're not bad for first attempts but the white paint has come off a bit after being washed so I'll have to go over that again. And the black text is a bit wobbly but I was going for the home-made look... ahem :o

These are amazing, you could seriously make a load and stick them on ebay.
i'd certainly buy one:D

Also Mozmic_dancer, I really like your graphic work how have you done them, is it on illustrator & photoshop. Again I must give that a go, Im in to graphics as well.

Yes, I used both Illustrator and Photoshop for both pictures.

I started off in Photoshop with a scanned photo, converted it to grayscale and then chose the amount of tones I want by using the Image; Adjustment; Posturize command. In the first Illustration, I took the grayscale photo, which would have 256 shades of gray and asked it to convert to only three or four! I then brought it into Illustrator to trace the grayscale shapes, using both the Pen tool and the pencil tool. Morrissey, the musical notes and the records are all vector. When the vector work is complete, I brought it back into Photoshop (keeping the layers) and then added various scanned images, like the building, statues, texture in the jacket, the monogram on the shirt and the graffiti. I also used photoshop's brush tools to paint different shapes, like the background circles, flowers and stars.

The second illustration has a little more detail i.e. gradients and shapes but pretty much worked in the same way.

The Posturize tool is a good one to use to achieve that graphic look.

Last edited:
Well.....it's not artwork I know.....but I thought I should be sharing what I had made some months ago...

There's this "mister minit"shop in town, they can engrave any picture you like on this silver medal..... I was immediately inspired lol

There's this "mister minit"shop in town, they can engrave any picture you like on this silver medal..... I was immediately inspired lol

Hmm......i shall look into that, Your art ROCKS:)

Tags
fan art
Back
Top Bottom