test of time showed most of those fans were average fad
seekers.....now im sure Moz sees that his popularity has
substantialy dwindled.....and it would be sad to think of
it as tragic....even though Now His Heart is Full.....i
doubt another record will boost his career....oh but I
remember him....... Just an observation Ive been
holding.......

"What" indeed!!!!!!!!!!

I can agree with the thought s that James ha had on Moz, but quite frankly who gives a rats ass on Morrissey's popularity. I discovered Moz with Your Arsenal and I have been a fan ever since. One thing is to be a fan and the other to be a fad seeker. Who cares of the fad seeker? Let em rot in hell!!!! If Moz dfoes make an album it will be for the fans, such as myself!!!!!! SCREW THE FAD SEEKERS!!!!!!!!
So what if Moz isn't popular!!!! To paraphrase "No body Love us":
"...useless (to the genersl public) and shiftless but he's all OURS!"

Dageham Dave

Re: "What" indeed!!!!!!!!!! Simmer Down Dave!

Well i suppose you're implying that i'm a "fad-seeker"...at least that's what i'm inferring...and i don't know anything about where you live, but around HERE most people don't have a clue who MORRISSEY is...but things like (oh, say, this web site for example) lead me to believe he still has fans...only, from MY point of view they're dwindling(which means, his popularity is also...and that's why i said that i'm in denial) ...perhaps i'm just a silly girl...but i always thought when the fans disappear so does the money-producer-music-artist. To think that may be what's happening, breaks my heart. I don't care about Moz' "general" media popularity because (let's face it)it's practically nonexistent. I think BY NOW...most people who listen Morrissey aren't "fad-seekers".

defining a "fad seeker" (Sarah it was not meant towards you)

....to me a "fad seeker" is someone who is "trendy", or into something or someone just because everyone else is. People are entitled to their opinions, yours and mine included. Those who are fans or were fans have their reasons for one or the other. I live in NJ, and the most that people know of Moz is "The More You Ignore Me, The Closer I Get.". I think I know of four other Moz fans besides myself. I know that Moz hasn't been that popular in my area, and his popularity( as it is in my area) has decreased steadily. This leads me to say that I am a fan not because of anything else other than his music. I get enraged when the whole gay/straight thing comes up w/him, I could care less what he is, I am a fan of his music. Is he on the verge (or is he already) of being washed up? I could care less. I am a fan of his music. I know that many of his fans are upset and disenchanted with his recent work, but who in this world is perfect? Who hasn't fallen? Moz is human, whether I or anyone else accepts that or not is another story. In the seven years since that I have discovered Moz, a good chunk of his songs have touched me deeply, and because of the respect and adoration I have for his music, I guess I can be very defensive of Moz. If I offended you in anyway Sarah, It was not my intent to do so, and I hope you accept my apology.

well...um...what to say?

well...um...i want to say i accept your apology...but that seems like a snotty thing to say (for some reason, perhaps i'm deranged)i have no hard feelings...i guess i should say...and i'm sorry i didn't read you the right way...but i agree with you...and i'm sure most others do..and i have to say(not really to YOU...just in general) that i enjoyed/enjoy MALADJUSTED (very much)...were many people displeased? i've never kept track of these things...besides the fact i didn't listen to Morrissey~solo~ when it came out(initially)...so i was oblivious to any criticisms (or praises, as the case may have been)

Settle down dave you dumb ass

For real. I found morrissey because if the smiths a few years ago and now i love them and him. So what if he's not "cool"? I think he has the best music around. Forget about it. Settle down Dave. If he makes another album "yippy!!" but if not then wear out the ones you got. Ok? ok. Don't worry about it. Life will move on.

Re: well...um...what to say?

> well...um...i want to say i accept your apology...but that seems¿ like a snotty thing to say (for some reason, perhaps i'm¿ deranged)i have no hard feelings...i guess i should say...and¿ i'm sorry i didn't read you the right way...but i agree with¿ you...and i'm sure most others do..and i have to say(not really¿ to YOU...just in general) that i enjoyed/enjoy MALADJUSTED (very¿ much)...were many people displeased? i've never kept track of¿ these things...besides the fact i didn't listen to¿ Morrissey~solo~ when it came out(initially)...so i was oblivious¿ to any criticisms (or praises, as the case may have been)

I enjoyed Malajusted very much when it came out , and I was tooting it as the best thing since Vauxhal and I. It seems to be one of Moz's least favored albums, and I can't see why.

Re: Settle down dave you dumb ass

> For real. I found morrissey because if the smiths a few years¿ ago and now i love them and him. So what if he's not¿ "cool"? I think he has the best music around. Forget¿ about it. Settle down Dave. If he makes another album¿ "yippy!!" but if not then wear out the ones you got.¿ Ok? ok. Don't worry about it. Life will move on.

As I've said I am a fan regardless of popularity or not. If I want to be trendy I'll be a fan of those insidious backstreetboys. Either way, I don't care if Moz is popular or not. I am a fan. period.

By the way Erik, I'm not sure I agree that I am a "dumbass" as you put it. No offense taken

Back
Top Bottom