memorabilia

R

rendo

i have a collection of articles i collated in the mid 80s on the smiths. Mainly cuttings from music publications, NME, MM, etc.... Anything really. One particular item that stands out, i fought for one night after a gig in Irvine, Scotland (Meat is murder tour)is a cuff from morrisseys shirt. As any fan will know, mozzer used to bare his chest at concerts and share his wadrobe with an adoring crowd. Concert review describing this melee, confirms that nights events. This is not an item for sale, but i would be glad to hear from any genuine smiths fan interested. i will give this to whoever i decide merits it. most likely it will be for the most entertainment i get from reading any response , anything goes here.

> i have a collection of articles i collated in the mid 80s on the
> smiths. Mainly cuttings from music publications, NME, MM,
> etc.... Anything really. One particular item that stands out, i
> fought for one night after a gig in Irvine, Scotland (Meat is
> murder tour)is a cuff from morrisseys shirt. As any fan will
> know, mozzer used to bare his chest at concerts and share his
> wadrobe with an adoring crowd. Concert review describing this
> melee, confirms that nights events. This is not an item for
> sale, but i would be glad to hear from any genuine smiths fan
> interested. i will give this to whoever i decide merits it. most
> likely it will be for the most entertainment i get from reading
> any response , anything goes here.

I would need it for my off-the-cuff quips.

> i have a collection of articles i collated in the mid 80s on the
> smiths. Mainly cuttings from music publications, NME, MM,
> etc.... Anything really. One particular item that stands out, i
> fought for one night after a gig in Irvine, Scotland (Meat is
> murder tour)is a cuff from morrisseys shirt. As any fan will
> know, mozzer used to bare his chest at concerts and share his
> wadrobe with an adoring crowd. Concert review describing this
> melee, confirms that nights events. This is not an item for
> sale, but i would be glad to hear from any genuine smiths fan
> interested. i will give this to whoever i decide merits it. most
> likely it will be for the most entertainment i get from reading
> any response , anything goes here.

Ah you are the one who had it. Please give it back to me. My mum is still angry about it.

There are three good reasons why the cuff would suit me well:

1. it's the best way to start a complete collection of Morrissey fragments
2. I have the other cuff, so we can exchange.
3. I certainly own buttonholes that would go well with it.

I thank you in advance for your kind consideration.

Well, at the San Diego show in 92, Moz threw his blue shirt out into the crowd at the end. It landed right by me, and of course, a near riot ensued. This was the first time a sweaty Moz shirt came anywhere near my face, except for maybe the occasional dream or two. So I flung myself up on top of the crowd, and climbed a few heads until I reached the center of the activity. I grabbed hold of a tiny piece of the shirt along with about 50 other people. By this time, the lights were up, the exit music was playing, and people were leaving. A tug of war went on for about 3 minutes, and nobody had made a tear in the shirt, let alone ripped it apart yet. After another minute, people started to get tired, and began to leave the battle. I was digging, and then started biting(the shirt that is), and it would still not rip!! Girls were screaming, guys were cussing and the shirt was indestructable. Finally security came over and started pulling some of the 10 or so people off of each other, and by this point I was getting desperate. I pulled out my keys, and began stabbing into the shirt, and not getting much done. Next, a friend of mine handed me a little Swiss Army knife(How he got it in I don't know) and I used the miniature sissors to attemp to cut the shirt apart. It would do no good, and I got grabbed at the throat by a security guard, and was thrown out the door. I do not know what the hell that shirt was made out of, but I have never seen any material like it on the planet. If anyone was in this melee for the shirt at this show, I would love to know what happened. That's my story.

Back
Top Bottom