What is your favorite sleeve of the Quarry / ROTT era?

What is your favorite sleeve of the Quarry / ROTT era?

• Total voters

Belligerent Ghoul

Hall of Famer
QuarryROTTPics.jpg

in the future when...
one of the greatest cover ever...
so hot and cold at same time:)

And here I am calling it "Christian Dior!"
Yes, I know the Moz sleeve with the ice cream is for "In the Future When All's Well!"

:o

Ah, finally some sleeve discussion. Remember that "we" talked about a similair thread, you've got first ghoulie;) ?

"You Have Killed Me" with "I Have Forgiven Jesus" as close second.

Cheers

Ah, finally some sleeve discussion. Remember that "we" talked about a similair thread, you've got first ghoulie;) ?

"You Have Killed Me" with "I Have Forgiven Jesus" as close second.

Cheers

Another sleeve discussion? Never!! :rolleyes:

It's a close call, but I voted for 'Ringleader of the Tormentors', because it's such an accurate pastiche, and Il Mozzalini looks amazing in the picture. I love the whole branding idea of this album and its related singles, with the 'M' crest and the lovely font. Finally Morrissey realises the value of cohesive design.

A close second is the sleeve for 'You have killed me' because it's so witty. Lovely jacket, too. Third is probably 'In the future when all is well' for the same reason.

Harry

I can't believe how much his recent covers are criticised. The covers over the last two albums have been the best of his solo career. At least most of them have an idea behind them instead of just being a photo of him done in duotone.

I had to go with Quarry for its..erm.."sentimental" value. I saw this in a record store two years ago, having no idea who Morrissey was, and had to buy it because the cover was so cool. And here I am!

LMKY is a close second. I, too, quite like the wood panels.

LMKY is a close second. I, too, quite like the wood panels.

Yes, I like the contrasting white tie, black suit; the light wood paneling against the black leather (gasp! - maybe not leather) door; that he looks slightly peeved and a little content at the same time. What a Man! What a photo!

I had to go with Quarry for its..erm.."sentimental" value. I saw this in a record store two years ago, having no idea who Morrissey was, and had to buy it because the cover was so cool. And here I am!

Exact same thing happened to me in 1988 with Viva Hate. I will always be grateful to Anton Corbijn.

Back
Top Bottom