Moz my space page

lilikoi

I was wondering, do you think he deals with his my space page himself? I would never think so (does he even have internet since he's so fond of ancient typewriters and faxmachines?) I assume he - or any celebrity! - would have hired someone to do this - but noone has logged in there since he's busy with his tour. If someone professional would deal with my space then why would they not update the thing and handle all the friends requests???

www.myspace.com/morrissey

I can almost 10000000000000% guarantee you he's never even seen it, never mind had any say on what goes on it. It's all record company ran.

well they're really lazy bastards - they don't even have tourdates on there yet. yes, I am not naive - I also think he wouldn't deal with such a thing as myspace - but it's amazing that a professional record company can be this lazy with promotion.

True To You is now the 'offical' internet place for Morrissey related news in everything but name. It's on the back on albums and singles so I think the record company has given up trying to get him to accept to having a myspace or a 'morrisseymusic.com' ran by them.

well they're really lazy bastards - they don't even have tourdates on there yet. yes, I am not naive - I also think he wouldn't deal with such a thing as myspace - but it's amazing that a professional record company can be this lazy with promotion.
I remember very well that the page used to have a more detailed Profile several months ago, at the time when ROTT was released (including a list of favourite authors, and so on), what happened to it?

My husband works for a very famous pop star and spends his life trying to get said pop star to 'add content' to various official websites and by all accounts it isn't easy!

Did anyone notice at the TTY pre-sale the link to seetickets was a Sanctuary redirect? 'Content to be added' anyone? ;)

I think none of those sites measure up to Morrissey. Even if they are "official" or approved or "favorited" by him... TTY is lousy the least to say, MorrisseyMusic doesn't offer anything really interesting, none deep info... It doesn't really exist any site that gathers all the info and all the details and pics and the exclusive material we, as fans, would expect to have handy to learn more about and get to know deeper our Morrissey.

MorrisseyMusic has an elegant design to match the current album, but no real important desirable info... On the other hand TTY is lousy, ludicrously abandoned, with the only plus that they (or she) get(s) the scoop and that's the only thing that saves it... The graphic design and the content to be added sh*t and the promise to post things sent by fans are just crap, of the worst.

CONCLUSION: A real Morrissey site, as it should be, doesn't really exist.

Last edited:

They are probably scared to put anything up there without Morrissey's direct permission, and they probably can't get him to look at it to give his permission.

I was wondering, do you think he deals with his my space page himself? I would never think so (does he even have internet since he's so fond of ancient typewriters and faxmachines?) I assume he - or any celebrity! - would have hired someone to do this - but noone has logged in there since he's busy with his tour. If someone professional would deal with my space then why would they not update the thing and handle all the friends requests???

I read somewhere that bands who have myspace profiles have to run them themselves...this could mean that another member of the band runs it, or that Moz runs it himself. I wish i could remember where I read that it had to be so. Either way, I doubt if anyone replies to any messages sent on there.

I read somewhere that bands who have myspace profiles have to run them themselves...this could mean that another member of the band runs it, or that Moz runs it himself. I wish i could remember where I read that it had to be so. Either way, I doubt if anyone replies to any messages sent on there.

How would they be able to tell? :p

I don't think so.

i always leave him a message or two when i feel bored
i know he never reads it but i can always pretend he does.

jeeeez - they (who every they are) actually decided to work a bit and logged in today and posted a new blog!
so - here it comes:

Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Vote for You Have Killed Me on MTV2

Vote for "You Have Killed Me" to be in MTV's Best of 2006. The Top 10 voted videos will be played on MTV2's Subterranean on 12/17.

Go to http://sub.MTV2.com and click on VOTE.

Finally after long wait I was added to friend!
Hopefully Sanctuary is doing something about it.;)

Back
Top Bottom