Book of Condolence Thread

yes there is a entry on that in mozipedia as well,joe moss showed marr the leiber /stoller footage(as you know)which gave him the idea to track down morrissey whom he heard of.

today germans most valueable comedian and artist Vicco von Bülow alias Loriot died. its hard to explain to non germans his importance , influence and significance. just think of your own person in your country- -the national treasure,the one who influenced every other comedian following after him.and his influence is so big , stretches among the comedians area
he started out as a cartonnist / drawing but later did his sketches filmed in the 70ties for german TV. which every german know by heart .also did two fims. he mostly deal with human interactions with each other (esp betwen man and woman in a RL) and the misunderstandings of them . also mock the richer people and authority figures like politicians etc in a smart way. also digs at the " average happy family cliche" lots of situational comedy and a bit of slapstick (like"das bild hängt schief" that sketch of a guest destroying a whole room accidentallly because the picture on the all was not set straight) plays with german language a lot and with germand quirks so thats why he is not so well known and the jokes are understood outside germany.
one of the very few which passing makes me really sad. i read a lot of similar comments of people from all ages comenting even though they personally dont know him his passing makes them sad. more than anyone else in the cultural scene. itr<y to think of a british counterpart..some parts of him one can see comparsions to john cleese.not too long ago i visited an exhibition of loriot. i heard laughter and happy faces from peopel all ages -a sound which you dont hear very often in museums. i always remember that man with a smile on my face.
more...
f1576896.jpg

he would be one of the few who if i had met him on the street in the last years i would have gone to him and thank him for his lifework

not too long ago i visited an exhibition on him. i heard laughter and happy faces from peopel all ages -a sound which you dont hear very often in museums. i always remember that man with a smile on my face.
some but not all the sketches with english subtitles
http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=loriot++english+subtitles&aq=f
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vicco_von_Bülow
this is the only english one .note that even the bloopers are intentional
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KURF72MtJjk
i always like the airport scenes and what happens if sit in such close with each others
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fN14c8ri00E
Eheberatung-marriage councellation:
eheberatungaachen.jpg

tumblrlqdsqbpkfi1qiqnc0.jpg

really like the christmas episode"weihnachten bei hoppenstedts"
tumblrlqdsrlzlnx1qiqnc0.jpg

Last edited:
I just read Steve Jobs died. :(

RIP Graham Dilley

Marco Simoncelli Italian MotoGP rider died in a horrendous accident at today's race in Malaysia at the tender age of 24. A brilliant, brilliant rider, surely to have been destined to be a future world champion.

My thoughts are with his family and friends. The only consolation is that he died doing what he loved.

Dave

Ken Russell (1927 - 2011)

I'm very shocked to hear the sad news.
He was supposed to appear on stage with Barbara Windsor on 9 December for the screening of his 1971 musical The Boy Friend (yes, I got the front row ticket).
He worked with Shelagh Delaney and Murray Melvin.

He's one of the audacious artists to challenge taboos and the audience's intelligence.

RIP

Ken Russell (1927 - 2011)

I'm very shocked to hear the sad news.
He was supposed to appear on stage with Barbara Windsor on 9 December for the screening of his 1971 musical The Boy Friend (yes, I got the front row ticket).
He worked with Shelagh Delaney and Murray Melvin.

He's one of the audacious artists to challenge taboos and the audience's intelligence.

RIP

WHAT?! Ken's dead? Christ, that's new to me! Aww :(

Well poor ole Gary Speed decided life wasn't for him in the end....a local welsh lad, my dad played football with him and won him on numerous matches. I hope he is better wherever he is. Earth is crap at the end of the day...

Back
Top Bottom