tell us about the last Film you saw

gg_zpsb657dde0.jpg

very pretty to look at and hear, but missing something, so I would normally give it a B+
but I hate Tobey Maguire so I gotta lower its grade to:
C+ :cool:

i agree robby though i thought it was dicapprio that let the film down a bit.

South Pacific (1958)

Wonderful music and songs. Addresses racism through a clever song...

I love musicals, btw. 3.5 out of 4 stars.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yesterday I watched The Devil Wears Prada with my mom. Have you ever noticed Anne Hathaway has serrated teeth? She's like a living bread knife.

Yesterday I watched The Devil Wears Prada with my mom. Have you ever noticed Anne Hathaway has serrated teeth? She's like a living bread knife.

That begs the question if you have garden fence teeth or the classic american car grill teeth?

The Sacrament. A found footage tale of a couple of journos who decide to investigate a curious religious cult. It's essentially the Jonestown massacre by another name. S'OK. 6/10

7500. Passengers on an airliner on the overnight from LA to Tokyo start to experience supernatural events. An average horror, not helped by the rather obvious twist. 5/10

Nice little documentary on the making of The Lonesome Crowded West. That bizarre DONK in the middle of Trucker's Atlas explained! Perfect closing line too: "Either that or they didn't want some guy with an American accent and a lisp yelling at them." :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Dawn of the Planet of the Apes. I found this extremely disappointing. I'm not keen on subtitles when they are for humans, let alone monkeys. I zoned out after half an hour, so I won't give it a mark.

I saw Andy Serkis in Forbidden Planet in Shaftesbury Avenue a few years back. He was at the till with his kids, keeping his head down in a packed shop when his very loudmouthed wife, waiting about twenty feet away by the exit screamed "ANDY! ANDY! ANDY!"

The poor sod looked mortified to have been outed in a shop with two hundred sci-fi geeks in it.

Dawn of the Planet of the Apes. I found this extremely disappointing. I'm not keen on subtitles when they are for humans, let alone monkeys. I zoned out after half an hour, so I won't give it a mark.

I saw Andy Serkis in Forbidden Planet in Shaftesbury Avenue a few years back. He was at the till with his kids, keeping his head down in a packed shop when his very loudmouthed wife, waiting about twenty feet away by the exit screamed "ANDY! ANDY! ANDY!"

The poor sod looked mortified to have been outed in a shop with two hundred sci-fi geeks in it.

For me subtitles are an absolute must for the simple reason that the sound is often quite bad and you often struggle to hear what people say and a small detail missed can easily disrupt the whole film. There is also the issue with eating and drinking during films that makes it near impossible to hear what the actors are saying.

It seems that in countries where subtitles are not the norm people struggle more to do two things at the same time so the brain definitely gets essential training with subtitles and maybe that is the big difference between humans and monkeys.

http://www.swefilmer.com/en-du-elsker-2014/en-sang-fran-hjartat-2014-video_b0a2b2431.html

Someone You Love

This danish production really surprised me in a positive way. The film is about Thomas Jacob, a famous swedish singer and vegetarian based in LA who travels back to Denmark where he has his daughter and grandson. The film is about the pampered celebrity getting closer to his grandson. The actors in the film do their own singing which was really impressive and swedish actor Mikael Persbrandt sound like Leonard Cohen a lot. His character have a lot in common with Mikael in his private life who have struggled a lot with drugs and was recently convicted in court of drug possession. This is the film where he comes closest to his real self and for me it was his most powerful performance as an actor.

http://www.swefilmer.com/the-giver-2014/the-giver-2014-video_02281e054.html

The Giver

This film will probably have as many interpretations as there are humans but for me it warns us of a political correct utopia. Despite the many famous faces it did not manage to impress on a whole or in detail but films based on books always manage to be worth watching and so was this one in the end.

Fassbender is my fave actor. I think he pulled off the role of Frank flawlessly. He can sing too. Have you seen him as Frank on the Colbert Report?: I Love You All

I like Fassbender too. I'll endevour to find that clip elsewhere as it's got a comedy message up about my silly accent and living under a Monarchy. It turns out I'm not allowed to watch it.

Tags
film movies
Back
Top Bottom