tell us about the last Film you saw

"Lonely Are The Brave"....1962. Based on the book, "The Brave Cowboy".

I watch this about once a year....it stars Kirk Douglas. The cost of freedom in the "Home of the Brave and the Land of the Free."

They don't make 'em like this anymore. Turns out this is one of Morrissey's favorites as well..

Worst. Ending. Ever.

Worst. Ending. Ever.

I know... that's the cost of being your own person in America. You may lose everything you love......

My wife will not watch the end....she's always loved horses. The damn movie gets to me every time.

I know... that's the cost of being your own person in America. You may lose everything you love......

My wife will not watch the end....she's always loved horses. The damn movie gets to me every time.

She watched it yesterday. And cried. I felt it in my squeezybrain, I was a minute behind so I knew what was in the cards for Whiskey. Fade to black on the rain-soaked Cowboy Crown was a nice nod to Gopala, the original cowboy. :cool: There's a reason cowboys are always blue.

Bronson

http://www.swefilmer.com/bronson-2009/bronson-2009-video_25fb13d98.html

I tried watching this a few years ago but for whatever reason I gave up on it a few minutes into it. Then today I read about the man who is in trouble again in jail and had to see it and I am glad I did. This film was directed by the same danish director behind the excellent "Pusher"-trilogy. It features great music by Pet Shop Boys and New Order to name two and for me this is the directors tribute to The Clockwork Orange during the slow motion parts where classical music is played. Disturbingly entertaining and with a lot of comedy as well.

Play

http://www.swefilmer.com/play-2011/play-2011-video_ccf62d51a.html

A swedish film about immigrant kids robbing swedish kids off their mobiles. The director uses environments and authentic sounds to create a very slow film where the feeling of the moment is essential. This became a very controversial film as it depicts black youth as criminals but the film tries to deal with the many layers of social problems that come with a society based on having the right things where you are no one without it. I doubted this film a lot and waited at least a year or more until I watched it so this film and "Bronson" turned out to be worth waiting for.

so an old friend acquaintance has been acting for a long time now and she just made and is promoting a new film shes in called movement and location which she says is winning awards and gaining momentum so i thought id help as well a bit and mention it here. weve got tickets to some premiere showing and am excited to see her again in her success, even some mild success. she lives in brooklyn and is the dark hair women featured in the trailer. her name is alex and is/was pretty cool. shes the grand daughter of a semi famous photog who is revered a bit around here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=611vPsQxG1c

MPW-50114

one of those films I watched a number of times while I was you know :crazy:
so watched it sober, and you know what?
I know others hate it, I still think its one of Tony Scott*'s best, so A, still :o

*=may he rest in peace :straightface:

MPW-50114

one of those films I watched a number of times while I was you know :crazy:
so watched it sober, and you know what?
I know others hate it, I still think its one of Tony Scott*'s best, so A, still :o

*=may he rest in peace :straightface:

I saw half of this when it came out, it turned out well in the end then? Kiera Knightly's acting was up there with the worst I've ever seen and I only lasted half an hour before returning to the video shop to get something else.

I saw half of this when it came out, it turned out well in the end then? Kiera Knightly's acting was up there with the worst I've ever seen and I only lasted half an hour before returning to the video shop to get something else.

Where do you live where they still have a video shop? I miss those. :tears:

Metroplitian (1990)

Don't waste your time. Boring and pointless. 2 out of 4 stars.
of Whit's trilogy, it is the worst, don't if I'd give it such a poor grade, though I've not seen it in over 20 years :o
&
I don't know, you are in good company with not liking it, many don't, I'm just a rebel and still do :eek:
lastly, after a long day of bus rides, trekking through jungle and panda viewing, I decided to unwind :rolleyes: to:
The-bay-2012-movie-poster.jpg

its one of those "found footage" thingies, but a very well made one, Barry Levinson directed it :)
and its pro-environment feel is something I could really get behind, especially after spending the day in a pristine jungle
not so scary though, so only a:
B-

ps:
Kristen%20Connolly.jpg

Kristen Connolly needs to be in more things, good actress, such a evocative face and stuff :brows::p

just finished:
thecounselor_2013.jpg

if you like Cormac McCarthy, then you will like this film :)
though the dialogue(& much of the ideas within it) does seem a bit odd coming from many of these characters :o
so I can only give it an:
A-

i think that movie, the bay, is supposed to be set in the place im living and grew up in. i grew up fishing on the chesapeake bay and the choptank river and am only 45 min from the bay bridge which is the second largest suspension bridge in america. doesnt look very good i must admit but tis neat to see something in popular culture thats supposed to be set around here. its like watching that james franco film annapolis about the naval academy. just seems weird

Edge of Tomorrow

http://www.swefilmer.com/edge-of-tomorrow-2014/edge-of-tomorrow-2014-video_c6b408bba.html

Tom Cruise sound like he's got a permanent cold these days, talking through his nose. This gadget filled film was like a poor mans "Alien" for me and did not manage to thrill me much.

Stockholm Stories

http://www.swefilmer.com/stockholm-stories-2013/stockholm-stories-2013-video_f922fb509.html

A couple of peoples lives and problems is the focus in this one and of course they cross each others paths. Could as well have become a tv series rather than a film. Never managed to make me interested in the various characters in it and painted a very bleak portrait.

The Spectacular Now

http://www.swefilmer.com/the-spectacular-now-2013/the-spectacular-now-2013-video_344b5f180.html

I felt this started off quite badly but got better along the way. Young boy gets over his ex by using a rebound girlfriend. Never quite takes off and what promised so much became quite a disappointment in the end.

Natt til 17

http://www.swefilmer.com/natt-til-17-2014/natt-til-17-2014-video_f8bdc740f.html

A disaster of a film about two midteen boys fighting over a girl in Oslo. This film tries to portray the immigration kids and their problems in the modern day Norway. Weak all day through and a huge disappointment after having watched the trailer that promised so much.

title%20ghostbusters.jpg

I went to see Ghostbusters in on the big screen a few nights ago! SO FUN. I saw it in the theater at least four times when I was a kid, and I've probably watched it at least two dozen times on TV since then. It's still one of my all-time-favorite movies. 10/10.

Saw Magic in the Moonlight last night which was cute. Typical Woody Allen movie with some twists and turns. I did see previews for The Trip to Italy and The Skeleton Twins which I will be seeing upon release. My friend was Skeelton Twins today in NYC and said it was her favorite movie of the year.

Tags
film movies
Back
Top Bottom