tell us about the last Film you saw

Grand Budapest Hotel - gloriously odd......lots of stars with some great acting

you just described like every anderson movie ever. i just watched election again and almost forgot it existed. so good though and it seems like it was there last movie before they left the biz

Ouija: About a ouija board. If you've seen an average jump scare horror recently, you don't need to see this. The haunted house had a very nice front door, though. Film, 4/10 Door, 9/10

A Walk Among Tombstones: The last three Liam Neeson films I've seen have been The Grey, Taken 2 and Taken 3, so I came to this with some trepidation. It was actually quite stylish in its way. Ex-NYPD becomes private detective and investigates a kidnapping gang. Nothing startlingly original, but a decent enough watch. 7/10

cool i like them as novelties and have one up in the living room made in baltimore where i live.

watched grease again for like the millionth time. i love when dumb parents think its some feel good movie for kids when its totally not. i can imagine the awkward conversation of mommy whats a gang bang

cool i like them as novelties and have one up in the living room made in baltimore where i live.

watched grease again for like the millionth time. i love when dumb parents think its some feel good movie for kids when its totally not. i can imagine the awkward conversation of mommy whats a gang bang

"You are supreme, the chicks will cream, for greased lightning." :D

"You are supreme, the chicks will cream, for greased lightning." :D

elvis elvis keep that pelvis far away from me

ive been singing summer lovin and youre the one that i want like all day. ive watched it so many times now that i look for other stuff. like when they do the big dance number on american band stand eugene, the nerd guy, is going nuts throwing balloons and jumping up and down like hes pogoing or something. all smiles and i love that guys energy.

elvis elvis keep that pelvis far away from me

:lbf:

ive been singing summer lovin and youre the one that i want like all day. ive watched it so many times now that i look for other stuff. like when they do the big dance number on american band stand eugene, the nerd guy, is going nuts throwing balloons and jumping up and down like hes pogoing or something. all smiles and i love that guys energy.

Love that movie/musical as well. You a fan of West Side Story?

The One I Love

:lbf:

Love that movie/musical as well. You a fan of West Side Story?

for sure. when i was ten i was watching t.v and it came on at like ten when i was supposed to go to bed but was so entrance by the opening that i threw a huge fit until they let me watch it. same happened with east of eden a few years later when i discovered james dean for the first time. west side story may be the greatest stage to film musical adaptation ever. the movie really keeps the stage presence. do you like hedwig at all. we just got tickets to see hedwig with cameron mitchel as hedwig again and were going to make a weekend out it. some bed and breakfast two miles outside of sleepy hollow. should be a fun weekend

http://www.swefilmer.com/min-sa-kallade-pappa-2014/min-sa-kallade-pappa-2014-video_fba3ffe50.html

My So-Called Dad

This swedish drama about a woman looking for her dad while being pregnant surprised me positively in many ways. A great pleasure to watch mainly due to the actors that were perfect for the characters they play. Those that wrote this must also have studied the effects of having a stroke which is a theme in this film.

On a side note I read that Vera Vitali who has the leading role in this one as a child grew up by the site in Londons Docklands where they shot Full Metal Jacket as her dad worked for Kubrick.

http://www.swefilmer.com/116-2013/116-2013-video_fbc574bed.html

A simply brilliant french film based on the true story about the 2009 heist when Toni Musulin managed to steal 11.6 million euros working for the security firm Loomis. Musulin used no violence or force to achieve this. This is a very different film compared to most other films dealing with crime and paints a very personal portrait of the man who became a public idol for what he did. I remember the news story about this as if it was yesterday so in that sense it made it even more interesting to watch.

http://dreamfilmhd.com/movies/details/6535-i-am-here/

I Am Here

Kim Basinger stars in this quite mysterious film about a career woman based in Germany who has tried to have a child for 10 years. In her desperation to instead adopt a kid she ventures into the european underworld in search of a child she can adopt illegally. This is an emotionally very dark film and it tries a few camera tricks you rarely see in other films. Well worth the watch and manages to grow on you along the way.

Force Majeure

Best film I have seen so far in 2015. Wish I had seen it with my son so we could talk about it. It is one of those films you need to discuss in order to fully process it. Anybody else see it?

Force Majeure

Best film I have seen so far in 2015. Wish I had seen it with my son so we could talk about it. It is one of those films you need to discuss in order to fully process it. Anybody else see it?

It was mentioned in this thread a few weeks ago and it picked up several awards at the swedish version of the Oscars. The man playing the coward is married to the black swedish woman Alice Bah-Kuhnke who is the culture and democracy minister of the swedish government.

http://www.swefilmer.com/supremacy-2014/supremacy-2014-video_55490b840.html

Supremacy

Yet another film featuring white supremacists depicting them as white trash with dirty hair and on drugs with the kid at the social. This is supposed to be based on true events and with Danny Glover it in it could have been a classic but the way they portray people in this film it is like a dark comedy. The film doesn't even dare to explain to all that the black officer who is with a white woman has been rejected by his father (Danny Glover) cause his father does not approve of white people.

When political correctness and agendas come in the way this is what you end up with all the time. 5 yawns out of 5.

It was mentioned in this thread a few weeks ago and it picked up several awards at the swedish version of the Oscars. The man playing the coward is married to the black swedish woman Alice Bah-Kuhnke who is the culture and democracy minister of the swedish government.

I missed the mention, for some reason. Did you like the film?

I missed the mention, for some reason. Did you like the film?

I loved it and compared it with Bergman actually as it is a modern version of Bergmans "Scenes from a marriage" in many ways.

http://www.swefilmer.com/lol-2012/lol-2012-video_aa051daec.html

LOL

I hadn't seen this and wanted to see Miley Cyrus as an actress and for this she was perfect and as always a pleasure to watch Demi Moore cause even though she really only acts in one way in every film she manages to fit into most films in a very impressive way.

I'll need to check out Scenes from a Marriage. What are your fave Bergman films?

Not sure you would see the comparison like I do but Force Majeure made me think of a modern Scenes from a marriage. My fave Bergman must be "Fanny and Alexander" but they are all great in their own way.

Tags
film movies
Back
Top Bottom