tell us about the last Film you saw

http://www.swefilmer.com/blue-ruin-2013/blue-ruin-2013-video_50a7249e2.html

Blue Ruin

A really nice surprise and I can understand all the film festival awards it got. A few new faces as well in it which is always nice. We get to follow a man on his way to seek revenge for something that happened many years ago. I particularly like that an american film for once did not portray this man as some sort of macho man that can handle guns and stress, far from it, and that made it a lot more realistic.

http://www.swefilmer.com/blue-ruin-2013/blue-ruin-2013-video_50a7249e2.html

Blue Ruin

A really nice surprise and I can understand all the film festival awards it got. A few new faces as well in it which is always nice. We get to follow a man on his way to seek revenge for something that happened many years ago. I particularly like that an american film for once did not portray this man as some sort of macho man that can handle guns and stress, far from it, and that made it a lot more realistic.

That was the name of Clementine's hair dye color in Eternal Sunshine. :sweet:

RB,...this web site....Top Documentary Films, is a great site. Thanks.

Check out "Darwin's Nightmare".

Yeah, isn't it great. Gonna watch that one now. Thanks.

Edit: It is in Spanish w/o English subs. Will try to find it elsewhere.

Last edited:
watched the adaptation of less than zero since i just finished rereading all my ellis novels last week. was really good and super well shot. my only compliant is that i wish theyd made less than zero or at least tried to adapt it to screen. my wifes never seen the movie and really wanted to see it because of the cast. beautiful to look at ill add as well

watched the adaptation of less than zero since i just finished rereading all my ellis novels last week. was really good and super well shot. my only compliant is that i wish theyd made less than zero or at least tried to adapt it to screen. my wifes never seen the movie and really wanted to see it because of the cast. beautiful to look at ill add as well

I saw the movie in '89-ish, but didn't read the book until at least 4 or 5 years later. The book is phenomenal, of course, but I still love the movie despite the fact that they're miles apart plot-wise. Andrew McCarthy is bizarrely cast, but he's great in the role. RDJ steals it all, of course...except my heart, which will always belong to James Spader.

tumblr_msb8eq0WRr1qkzsmpo2_500.jpg

Have you read Imperial Bedrooms? It's pretty terrible, but it functions really well as a meta sequel to Less Than Zero that makes reference to their lives as having been turned into a movie. Typical Ellis self-cannibalization. If it ever becomes a movie, the whole thing will swallow itself whole.

I saw the movie in '89-ish, but didn't read the book until at least 4 or 5 years later. The book is phenomenal, of course, but I still love the movie despite the fact that they're miles apart plot-wise. Andrew McCarthy is bizarrely cast, but he's great in the role. RDJ steals it all, of course...except my heart, which will always belong to James Spader.

tumblr_msb8eq0WRr1qkzsmpo2_500.jpg

Have you read Imperial Bedrooms? It's pretty terrible, but it functions really well as a meta sequel to Less Than Zero that makes reference to their lives as having been turned into a movie. Typical Ellis self-cannibalization. If it ever becomes a movie, the whole thing will swallow itself whole.
I thought Andrew McCarthy was the one not so great thing in the film :straightface: never understood why anyone liked him anything :confused:
as for "Imperial Bedrooms", its one of the last books I read before I stopped, uhh, doing a certain substance like a lot :crazy:
and things in it stuck with me, so yeah, I think of it as being pretty good cuz it just resonated for me :o

as for me, showed some locals:
MPW-49096

maybe my fave film of Wes Anderson's, luckily the copy I showed from "PP TV" had Chinese sub-titles, and a lot of what makes it great is told without words
and well, one of them really liked it, while I don't think the other really got it, but he seemed to be more interested in surfing the web then watching it
whatever :rolleyes: anyways, its still an A+ for me :thumb:

ps: must DL the soundtrack, forgot how great it was :eek:

Watched "Radioactive Wolves" last night. Wildlife around the Chernobyl site, today.

[video]http://www.pbs.org/wnet/nature/episodes/radioactive-wolves/full-episode/7190/[/video]

I thought Andrew McCarthy was the one not so great thing in the film :straightface: never understood why anyone liked him anything :confused:
as for "Imperial Bedrooms", its one of the last books I read before I stopped, uhh, doing a certain substance like a lot :crazy:
and things in it stuck with me, so yeah, I think of it as being pretty good cuz it just resonated for me :o

as for me, showed some locals:
MPW-49096

maybe my fave film of Wes Anderson's, luckily the copy I showed from "PP TV" had Chinese sub-titles, and a lot of what makes it great is told without words
and well, one of them really liked it, while I don't think the other really got it, but he seemed to be more interested in surfing the web then watching it
whatever :rolleyes: anyways, its still an A+ for me :thumb:

ps: must DL the soundtrack, forgot how great it was :eek:

Love. Though I shouldn't be dwelling on revenge this is my favorite scene.

Last edited by a moderator:
http://dreamfilm.se/movies/details/5734-the-homesman/

The Homesman

Not many films are entertaining and captivating of every second from start to finish but this sure is. A cast to die for and a must see for everyone. 2 hours felt like nothing watching this one.
And the Oscar goes to...... (Ihope). Film of the year and maybe even the century.

http://www.swefilmer.com/night-sights-2011/night-sights-2011-video_5abf2f672.html

Night Sights

This bible belter production of a B-movie focuses on the battle between science and belief. It's a low budget science fiction film that here and there manages to have some depth and weight to it. Certainly not anything for atheists and it does mention the old 21 gram theory. How far can science be allowed to go to explain the inexplainable that for some reason is a part of our mystery?

http://www.swefilmer.com/very-good-girls-2013/very-good-girls-2013-video_cd123fa1e.html

Very Good Girls

As a fan of chick flicks I liked this one. Two girls wanna lose their virginity and end up falling in love with the same guy. The girls are played by Dakota Fanning and Elizabeth Olsen and they do a great job in this film. Demi Moore has a small part as one of the girls mother and even Richard Dreyfuss have bills to pay and can be seen in this one. I only wish they got the anatomy facts right but you cannot expect perfection, and who knows, maybe it was done on purpose?

i like the film and yes spader and rdj do steal the film and ill agree that mccarthy isnt that great though he works in the movie but hes not a good actor really. only one movie vei ever liked him in. have to say i loved imperial bedrooms, american psycho is the one that lets me down and i think it his worst most pointless novel, but arent they all sequels really. i mean clay shows up in rules of attraction and paul and sean both turn up in american psycho and victor whos in rules of attraction shows up with lauren who both star in glamoramma. i mean i dont think those novels ever stopped really. even the ghost turns up again. imperial bedrooms is the only ellis book i actually had to put down because it disturbed me. the cartels and what they do to people. not the description of the act but rather his description of the knowledge and realization of what theyre gonna do to her as it breaks across her face. that was chilling. anyway i loved that book and really its only american psycho that i get bored with and have to push through. push through is maybe a stretch as hes my favorite modern writer (meaning post sixties). i loved the fact that they made clay the monster he always was. i mean rip is the only person who really seems to like him at all in either novel, he seems amused by clay throughout all of it. rip and clay are the same, theyre both monsters except rip never pretended to not be one and clay only accepted it at the end when he drove jullian to his death.

I'm so far behind on my "films to watch" list!- I really loved it.

I bet you would like Women on the Verge of a Nervous Breakdown, Talk to Her, and Volver as well. I am way behind in my viewing as well. The 2014 offerings have been pretty lame. Hope it gets better before the year ends.

I bet you would like Women on the Verge of a Nervous Breakdown, Talk to Her, and Volver as well. I am way behind in my viewing as well. The 2014 offerings have been pretty lame. Hope it gets better before the year ends.

I haven't seen Volver, but I enjoyed the other two very much.

Tags
film movies
Back
Top Bottom