tell us about the last Film you saw

http://www.swefilmer.com/the-bag-man-2014/the-bag-man-2014-video_34d0b9fef.html

The Bag Man

Robert De Niro features in this one where the loyalty of a mobster handyman is tested. He has to pick up and deliver a bag without looking what is in it. This was in no way a brilliant film but still managed to capture my attention throughout. Some parts of it are quite funny in a very weird way but the screenplay hallmarks are there for all to see which prevents it from turning it into a proper film so to speak.

http://www.swefilmer.com/honeymoon-2014/honeymoon-2014-video_36088e07f.html

Honeymoon

This is a horror/mystery for grown ups without monsters and aliens being visible. A young couple go on their honeymoon to a remote cabin during off season and that in itself sounds like the typical horror film setup but this was different. It never frightened me in any way but kept me interested throughout. I would put this in the alien abduction category of films but I am not quite sure as this film leaves us all guessing.

Only_Lovers_Left_Alive_English_film_poster.png

Sexy-cool-romantic. :thumb: :thumb:

Tried to watch that last year but simply couldn't as it is awful. It is a film for grown ups that used to be goth and that whole vampire thing is just so boring. That film tries to be arty but it is a waste of time for most of the serious cineasts out there.

Tried to watch that last year but simply couldn't as it is awful. It is a film for grown ups that used to be goth and that whole vampire thing is just so boring. That film tries to be arty but it is a waste of time for most of the serious cineasts out there.

Serious cineastes? You mean film snobs. Swinton is sexy as hell, as is Hiddleston. Couldn't take my eyes off them. The film is stylish, the music is effective, and that performance by Yasmine Hamdan was engaging and beautiful. Too bad your impatience got the better of you and you missed it. Fortunealy it is available for viewing on YouTube:

Film is a visual medium. And this one delivers the goods.

Last edited by a moderator:
http://www.swefilmer.com/pride-2014/pride-2014-video_cdc7a4309.html

Pride

With this one it seems like british film industry needs a major reality check and needs to move on. I can only suspect that a bunch of very hetero people tried to understand the gay world and thereby turned this into a very boring film. Not even the opening tune by The Smiths impressed me as I suspect it was used to set the tone of the times but no gay people ever played The Smiths as they are very conservative when it comes to music which is something I've found over the years having spent a lot of time in their world.

Not even the otherwise brilliant Paddy Considine can save this after construction of supposedly real events. It's like a bad play turned film and even though it is a feel good film in many ways it just makes you feel bad and tired. I reckon my love affair with british film ended with this one as it has not developed one single bit and maybe it is time the islanders left the island and took a look at film abroad.

The only gay in the village suddenly turned straight after watching this mockery of a film.

Fantastic film. All set around my boyfriends neck of the woods :)

Why are everyone so late with this one cause they showed it many months ago in the early fall on BBC or ITV and it was available on their online player for months?

Serious cineastes? You mean film snobs. Swinton is sexy as hell, as is Hiddleston. Couldn't take my eyes off them. The film is stylish, the music is effective, and that performance by Yasmine Hamdan was engaging and beautiful. Too bad your impatience got the better of you and you missed it. Fortunealy it is available for viewing on YouTube:

Film is a visual medium. And this one delivers the goods.

Grow up a bit!

You always identify with the weird things out there and I don't know what type of junkie goth fashion vampire dreams or aspirations you once had and never lived out but kind of sad to honour something as corny as that at your age.

Last edited by a moderator:
Grow up a bit!

You always identify with the weird things out there and I don't know what type of junkie goth fashion vampire dreams or aspirations you once had and never lived out but kind of sad to honour something as corny as that at your age.

Actually watch the film then get back with me. Or not. I couldn't care either way.

italic-magazine-only_lovers_left_alive_0.jpg

Yeah, I liked it a lot as well* :) however, I do think that JJ could have done a better job of pacing it :o
as for me, still showing A. some of JJ's older classics every once and a while, yesterday it was:
Nightonearth.jpg

still love it, especially the "ride" with Winona Ryder :love: the hilarious one with Benigni :lbf:
and the one in New York, with 3 great actors, touched me in way now, that it just didn't when I was a teenager :guitar:

*=thanks for reminding about Yasmine Hamdan, I meant to get some of her music :blushing:

Last edited:
^^^ I have never seen that film. Will look for it. Just watched this last night:

John_Wick_TeaserPoster.jpg

Keanu is back! Lots of action. Great soundtrack. 3.5 out of 4 stars.

Still_Alice_-_Movie_Poster.jpg

Moving. Thought provoking. See with a loved one then go out for coffee or a glass of wine and discuss it. 4 out of 4 stars.

Still_Alice_-_Movie_Poster.jpg

Moving. Thought provoking. See with a loved one then go out for coffee or a glass of wine and discuss it. 4 out of 4 stars.

I have that screener I should probably watch. Alzheimers scares the crap out of me.

I watched Frank & Robot last night. It was pretty stupid and predictable.

the film you are watching is not for distribution purposes and is meant to be previewed watching for potential buyers. if found please call 1-800-ple-asedo. lol i nostalgically miss screeners

Just watched "Grand Budapest Hotel. It was okay but wildly over egged. I see it's nominated for a best picture Oscar, it wouldn't get my vote.

Just watched "Grand Budapest Hotel. It was okay but wildly over egged. I see it's nominated for a best picture Oscar, it wouldn't get my vote.

yeah it felt like the were admiring andersons return to form rather than the film itself which is good but not his best. worst part is its probably gonna edge out birdman which should in fact win imo. i also really wish people would move past the era. its been over for a long long time now

I thought The Grand Budapest Hotel was brilliant and gets better with repeated views. I like every Wes Anderson film, what's not to like? My favourites are this, The Fantastic Mr Fox and The Royal Tenenbaums.

Watching Birdman tonight so will report back on which I preferred.

John Wick

Will not leave a link to this one because it is not worth watching at all unless you dream yourself back to when action films like this one lacked any kind of brain. Keanu Reeves is perfect for a film like this as he cannot act to save his life and in this one he doesn't have to act at all and can concentrate on being the poser he is. If he does not wear dark contacts in this one the poor bloke has to live with having rat eyes as well.

Even though the acting is terrible and the storyline pathetic the music in it is even worse and unless this is some kind of perverted homage to old actions we hoped they stopped producing then the rotten tomatoes and turkey awards should pour over this one. Films trying to be cool and trying too hard are just like people trying it and it just becomes ridiculous in the end and this one sure is.

While watching it which was extremely hard I tried to visualise how someone wanting to make a film like this may look like and all I could see before me was a 15 year old kid wearing white tube socks with heavy metal posters on the walls. Do you yourself a favour and avoid this one at all cost please. Would it be possible to rename this film title and remove the W in Wick and replace it with PR instead?

I thought The Grand Budapest Hotel was brilliant and gets better with repeated views. I like every Wes Anderson film, what's not to like? My favourites are this, The Fantastic Mr Fox and The Royal Tenenbaums.

Watching Birdman tonight so will report back on which I preferred.

cool charlie, please do. i also really love anderson but my favs are rushmore (it changed my life), the darjeeling limited and the royal tennenbaums. of course i like them all but if i had to pick those would it. bottle rocket is a close fourth and i still go out and yell ca kaw at my friends when were at bars etc.

Tags
film movies
Back
Top Bottom