tell us about the last Film you saw

That is a typical comment from people watching films if they feel it was bad, that they wasted as much time of their life as the film was long. People at film forums always make a comment like that and especially very young people. If we had the same attitude towards other things then we would find we waste our time all the time like I do now replying to your post.

I find that sort of thinking very tiresome as is the idea that watching film is escapism. For me it can never be about escaping because film always tells me something important and life itself rarely does in the same way. I waste more time in real life than I do watching a film because a film always gives me some sort of cultural experience and insight into topics and ideas that people around me rarely or never discuss not to mention getting to know words and languages and cultures.

There are some people who should never watch films or theatre or any sort of cultural performances because they cannot take it in. They are full of themselves and narcissistic and as soon as they are not in the center of attention then that something becomes a threat.

That leads me onto the boring discussions when people say this and that actor played the other actor off the screen. Rarely or never do people realise that actors follow the directors instructions on how to act and what to say and what to do. There is no competition in films between actors and never have been and never will be cause they follow their directors instructions and read the script. Some people tend to see too much in actors and especially americans who of course replaced the lack of royalty with actors which in itself means the films take second place and the looks and ways of an actor comes first.

Film is a fantastic way to learn something and far better than reading books because reading a book demands a brain that can understand it and if you look at people struggling to understand a manual then I doubt most readers actually understand what they read and who would prefer paper and letters to film with sound and vision and so much more adding to it. The answer is if course a narcissist.

latest

That is a typical comment from people watching films if they feel it was bad, that they wasted as much time of their life as the film was long. People at film forums always make a comment like that and especially very young people. If we had the same attitude towards other things then we would find we waste our time all the time like I do now replying to your post.

I find that sort of thinking very tiresome as is the idea that watching film is escapism. For me it can never be about escaping because film always tells me something important and life itself rarely does in the same way. I waste more time in real life than I do watching a film because a film always gives me some sort of cultural experience and insight into topics and ideas that people around me rarely or never discuss not to mention getting to know words and languages and cultures.

There are some people who should never watch films or theatre or any sort of cultural performances because they cannot take it in. They are full of themselves and narcissistic and as soon as they are not in the center of attention then that something becomes a threat.

That leads me onto the boring discussions when people say this and that actor played the other actor off the screen. Rarely or never do people realise that actors follow the directors instructions on how to act and what to say and what to do. There is no competition in films between actors and never have been and never will be cause they follow their directors instructions and read the script. Some people tend to see too much in actors and especially americans who of course replaced the lack of royalty with actors which in itself means the films take second place and the looks and ways of an actor comes first.

Film is a fantastic way to learn something and far better than reading books because reading a book demands a brain that can understand it and if you look at people struggling to understand a manual then I doubt most readers actually understand what they read and who would prefer paper and letters to film with sound and vision and so much more adding to it. The answer is if course a narcissist.

for sure agree with some of this.

Power down roger ebert, i say that i wasted 2 hours of my life because any information about culture or cinema that i got from watching this movie was not worth watching this tripe
PS do not insult me by staying that some cant take in cinema.
You pretentious git!

Last edited by a moderator:
Spare me your dimestore critque. Natural born killers lost all its meaning by being shot in a erratic ways with estetics that looked like an japanese toy/sexshop. The awful acting and the overall undesirable quality of juliette and Woody just added to its failure. This was a particular miss, because of that fact that they were potraying charming and charismatic killers The message was gotten but the film was executed poorly. Thats why i hated it. Just getting some insight on life and etc is not enough for me. The whole movie has to work. High standards
- - - Updated - - -

Take this to the imdb site insted.....

- - - Updated - - -

And for your information i perfer films much more that books. Because i Love the fact that every part of the life if incorperate. From people, music, interior and stories
Just books just movie or just art for me is to disconected from the rest of the world, whilst in cinema you have controll over every aspect of life

If cinema was not for me why tha hell is all that i want to be is a filmaker.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've seen a lot of films that you could learn nothing at all from.

There's a film called Dear John, I defy anyone to watch that and say they got anything from it.

I've seen a lot of films that you could learn nothing at all from.

There's a film called Dear John, I defy anyone to watch that and say they got anything from it.

And that explains all about you and your miserable ways cause someone like you would never be able to see anything in such a wonderful thing.

http://www.swefilmer.com/assassin-2015/assassin-2015-video_2871d0bca.html

Assassin

Danny Dyer is a real poser and a laughing stock among proper hooligans but at the same time some sort of fashion icon and this is by far his best work as an actor. It was great to see the Kemp brothers since I hadn't seen much of them since the amazing "The Krays". The story in this one is the same sort of gangster with complications story we've seen a lot before but somehow this manages to avoid some of the cliche's. There are scenes that could be better like the gun that is fired and sounds like a toy gun and the way a bottle is shattered against someones head and the two girls in the film are just finding their feet in the film business but overall a decent film.

http://www.swefilmer.com/jamesy-boy-2014/bakom-murarna-2014-video_4042bc2d1.html

Jamesy Boy

Did not have to wait long for this one as it got me interested as it was featured on Dr. Phil in an episode I watched earlier this year where the character it is based on was a guest. This is about his life as a teen getting into a gang ending up in jail. The film goes from the present to the past and back again a lot as it tries to explain how his life turned out as it did. Ving Rhames is always a heavy actor in every sense and this performance is no exception but it was the young Taissa Farmiga that caught my eye with her acting that lifted the film in a lot of ways and she of course got a lot of talent from her awesome mother Vera who herself is a simply amazing actress. This was the third film that I've seen Taissa in after "The Bling Ring" and "At Middleton" and her future is so bright we all need shades.

http://www.swefilmer.com/jamesy-boy-2014/bakom-murarna-2014-video_4042bc2d1.html

Jamesy Boy

Did not have to wait long for this one as it got me interested as it was featured on Dr. Phil in an episode I watched earlier this year where the character it is based on was a guest. This is about his life as a teen getting into a gang ending up in jail. The film goes from the present to the past and back again a lot as it tries to explain how his life turned out as it did. Ving Rhames is always a heavy actor in every sense and this performance is no exception but it was the young Taissa Farmiga that caught my eye with her acting that lifted the film in a lot of ways and she of course got a lot of talent from her awesome mother Vera who herself is a simply amazing actress. This was the third film that I've seen Taissa in after "The Bling Ring" and "At Middleton" and her future is so bright we all need shades.[/QUOTE]

*Vera is her sister not her mother, had to correct myself there.

http://www.swefilmer.com/top-dog-2014/top-dog-2014-video_2caaba123.html

Top Dog

After watching Man United play Chelsea off the park only to lose by the only goal of the game this film was the perfect follow up to it. Based on a cult novel and directed by Martin Kemp from Spandau Ballet who I watched last night in the film "Assassin", this is about a top dog from the Spurs following "Acton Casuals" who forgets about the unwritten hooligan rules and takes on the mob to protect his family and their pub from collectors. After years of hooligan films where the people in them were portrayed as untouchables this genre has grown up in recent years and this is no different in that the main character bites off more than he can chew. The dress code has been updated to match the current scene but no one south of the border in Britain calls a firm "casuals" cause that is reserved for the scots. Having met and dealt with hooligans myself I found the family scenes quite authentic as these men might rule the terraces but never their own homes and in the end if the mother of the family ain't happy then no one is happy.

http://www.swefilmer.com/cake-2014/cake-2014-video_dd65ed85b.html

Cake

All is forgiven when it comes to how Jennifer Aniston destroyed sitcom and the world with the awful "Friends" because in this one she shows she is a serious actress. In this one she plays a woman suffering from constant pains after an accident and her character is a bitter bitch who gets by with irony and sarcasm and with the aid of her mexican housekeeper Silvana. Aniston dares to go ugly in this one with no make up and fake scars in her face and on her body and really keeps her victim cardigan on as she keeps her pains in check with pain killers that have turned her into a heavy user. This is one of those rare films that you wish will go on forever. I suspect that Aniston drew a lot of her character in this one from her own experience of a life crisis when Brad Pitt dumped her and she stayed at Oprah's trying to mend her aching heart. This is about being at the bottom and still getting on with it taking it day by day. The actress playing Silvana really teamed up well with Aniston in this film that will stay with me for a long time.

http://www.swefilmer.com/top-dog-2014/top-dog-2014-video_2caaba123.html

Top Dog

After watching Man United play Chelsea off the park only to lose by the only goal of the game this film was the perfect follow up to it. Based on a cult novel and directed by Martin Kemp from Spandau Ballet who I watched last night in the film "Assassin", this is about a top dog from the Spurs following "Acton Casuals" who forgets about the unwritten hooligan rules and takes on the mob to protect his family and their pub from collectors. After years of hooligan films where the people in them were portrayed as untouchables this genre has grown up in recent years and this is no different in that the main character bites off more than he can chew. The dress code has been updated to match the current scene but no one south of the border in Britain calls a firm "casuals" cause that is reserved for the scots. Having met and dealt with hooligans myself I found the family scenes quite authentic as these men might rule the terraces but never their own homes and in the end if the mother of the family ain't happy then no one is happy.

http://www.swefilmer.com/cake-2014/cake-2014-video_dd65ed85b.html

Cake

All is forgiven when it comes to how Jennifer Aniston destroyed sitcom and the world with the awful "Friends" because in this one she shows she is a serious actress. In this one she plays a woman suffering from constant pains after an accident and her character is a bitter bitch who gets by with irony and sarcasm and with the aid of her mexican housekeeper Silvana. Aniston dares to go ugly in this one with no make up and fake scars in her face and on her body and really keeps her victim cardigan on as she keeps her pains in check with pain killers that have turned her into a heavy user. This is one of those rare films that you wish will go on forever. I suspect that Aniston drew a lot of her character in this one from her own experience of a life crisis when Brad Pitt dumped her and she stayed at Oprah's trying to mend her aching heart. This is about being at the bottom and still getting on with it taking it day by day. The actress playing Silvana really teamed up well with Aniston in this film that will stay with me for a long time.

I watched Cake and the one about early-onset alzheimers with the redhead on consecutive nights. Bawlfest. I thought Cake was brilliant.

That review webshite is a perfect match for your personality and almost as embarrassing as your attempts to deny your presence on various Notts Forest forums. Hooligans never forget a name or a face.

http://www.layoutlocator.com/graphics/dldimg/52788effaf2257ced364a71a76105148_stop-bein-a-c***.jpg

Tags
film movies
Back
Top Bottom