tell us about the last Film you saw

I haven't seen Volver, but I enjoyed the other two very much.

:thumb:

Just watched this on Netflix. Loved it.

G.B.F._Official_Film_Poster.jpg

I've watched a lot of instantly forgettable semi-crap stuff recently, probably purposedly avoiding anything with meaning.
My biggest grievance though is against "Devil's Tower". You got an estate, cockney babes and zombies, and you still manage to eff it up? You may as well retire from film making now, Toothie. (Go watch "the Battery", and learn how to keep peeps interested with a pair of knickers and a couple of blankets.) /End of rolledeyedrant.

Yesterday, saw "The Homesman", which marked my return to adulthood. :D
Tommy Lee Jones. Hilary Swank. Need more be said? Nope.
You did good Tommy.

"La Migliore Offerta" by G. Tornatore might lend credibility to the rumour that Italians do it better. (Oh, allright.) Splendid film.

"-Emotions are like works of art. They can be forged. They seem just like the original, but they are forgery.
-Forgery?
-Everything can be faked, Virgil. Joy, pain, hate, illness, recovery... even love.”

...Rather à propos, wouldn't Italians say?

Margin Call (2011)

Kevin Spacey, Zachary Qunito, Jeremy Irons, Demi Moore.

On the eve of the 2008 banking crash an analyst stumbles across a significant flaw in the company business model.

Absolutely terrific.

9/10

Margin Call (2011)

Kevin Spacey, Zachary Qunito, Jeremy Irons, Demi Moore.

On the eve of the 2008 banking crash an analyst stumbles across a significant flaw in the company business model.

Absolutely terrific.

9/10

Thank you for reminding me of this one that had slipped under the radar. Can only agree with you and being one of the many that lost a job because of this, although it was beneficial for me personally, it was interesting to see this as a reminder of those quite crazy times. I am also a huge fan of Jeremy Irons.

Margin Call

http://dreamfilm.se/movies/details/133-margin-call/

http://www.swefilmer.com/de-guerre-lasse-2014/marseille-2014-video_109c58ba0.html

Marseille

French legionnaire returns to his hometown after escaping punishment for a murder he commited by serving for the army for 4 years. Parts of this reminded me of the brilliant italian tv series "Gomorra" but this film did not quite manage to make sense or make you connect with the people in it.

http://www.swefilmer.com/horns-2013/horns-2013-video_17389d4bf.html

Horns

Daniel Radcliffe continues in the fantasy genre but this film is a mix of several genres. It made me think of The Twilight Zone here and there and is basically a really complicated love story with a lot of twists and turns. Even features some great music during the first half of the film. I really found the comedy side of the film hilarious and it does make you think about peoples inner desires that they are forced to repress.

One particular scene also made me wonder if the illuminati had anything to do with this film and if Radcliffe is indeed their poster child. This would be the perfect film for them to show a bit of theirselves and at the same time be able to completely cover themselves up. Watch it and see what I mean.

Thank you for reminding me of this one that had slipped under the radar. Can only agree with you and being one of the many that lost a job because of this, although it was beneficial for me personally, it was interesting to see this as a reminder of those quite crazy times. I am also a huge fan of Jeremy Irons.

Margin Call

http://dreamfilm.se/movies/details/133-margin-call/

After I recommended it here I almost came back and gave people a couple of provisos: That I love movies that either have been or look like they might have transferred from the stage, such as A Man For All Seasons, Sleuth or Glengarry Glen Ross, and I have a thing for procedurals, particularly courtroom and/or boardroom.

Margin Call manages to pack a lot of drama into its hour and a half of talking heads. All the principles are great, with Irons and Spacey foremost as you might expect, and the final scene was wonderfully allegorical. Apparently Irons was a replacement for the unavailable Ben Kingsley.

I judge really great films by how often I think about them in the days following, and this really impressed me. I have no idea how I missed it first time around, but I patently wasn't alone. I'm extremely pleased I caught up in the end.

three of my favourite recentish stage to screen films have all been adaptations of plays by tracy lotts. two of them, bug and killer joe, were directed by william friedkin. t'other, august: osage county, was not. my favourite of the three is bug. it's good. real good.

i watched the abcs of death 2 a few days ago. it was incredibly uneven just like all anthology films.

three of my favourite recentish stage to screen films have all been adaptations of plays by tracy lotts. two of them, bug and killer joe, were directed by william friedkin. t'other, august: osage county, was not. my favourite of the three is bug. it's good. real good.

i watched the abcs of death 2 a few days ago. it was incredibly uneven just like all anthology films.

I have a friend who is a rather prolific movie watcher who has (for some reason) an aversion to movies that were adapted from stage productions. When asked to explain her dislike for them, "You can just tell it all once happened in one room with three walls, and that bothers me."

I thought you'd appreciate that.

Okay then. I'll just be over there...

as I go further down the spiral

th

6 person viewing of it, me the only one who had already seen it, they all wanted to watch something while stuck in a, uh, well, its a hole, oK?
anyways, floored all of them, the subtitles helped, so yeah, still an A+ in my book :guitar:

...Since we're on (under?) the subject of ice-cream, I just wanted to mention that I enjoyed "Odd Thomas."

Yes, that will be all.

http://www.swefilmer.com/lucy-2014/lucy-2014-video_671b2412f.html

LUCY

Luc Besson seems to be very productive at the moment and the latest films I have seen that have been amazing and intelligent have had his name on it. This was no different although the oriental action touch combined with Scarlett Johansson made me feel like I was watching something that has been done before. To break it down it deals with humans and their brain capacity and in this one Scarlett is subjected to a substance that increases her brain capacity. This film has its moments and the end was fascinating.

http://www.swefilmer.com/silver-linings-playbook-2012/du-gor-mig-galen-2012-video_05da6267f.html

Silver Linings Playbook

I sure have missed a lot of films in recent years but that can be good sometimes and there are always helpful people to recommend films in this Morrissey chatroom I visit a lot. This was one of them and it was very funny and different in many ways. No need to tell people what it is about because I was probably the last one to have seen it. I think someone wanted me to see this as their mental image of me through chatting reminded this someone of the guy in this film and yes I did use a binbag too to lose weight but I used it close to the body under the clothes but now I sometimes use a rainjacket material vest instead.

You know who you are :)

Tags
film movies
Back
Top Bottom