tell us about the last Film you saw

g_zps857579ec.jpg

OK, so De Niro continues to deconstruct his onscreen persona, I am fine with that, its sometimes funny. Also, worth noting here that Michelle Pfeiffer is aging nicely. :brows:
However, the direction is all over the map and it just falls flat in spots where I assume its supposed to make you laugh, so normally I'd give it a D or something :o
that is if not for the presence in it of
dianna-agron-in-the-family-movie-1.jpg

Dianna Agron :horny: I think that after this she will be getting bigger parts, she's not just young & hot, you know? :thumb:
she also really projects her performance, here's hoping its more than just a result of Luc Besson's talent for bringing the best out of actresses of this, uhh, ilk :p
regardless, she raises my overall grade to:
C+ there are worse ways to spend 2 hours as one recovers from a drinking bout that started quite late and went on well past dawn at my home :squiffy:
the strange things that happen when I go out with good intentions, but stay out longer then my abiliity to deny dark urges :paranoid:

"The Last Sunset"...a psychological western with Kirk Douglas and Rock Hudson from 1961. This song was sung by Douglas in the movie.
The song was written by the same team that wrote "Wild as the Wind" a big hit for Nina and Bowie.
Kirk Douglas is probably Morrissey's favorite actor from the past. I watched it last night, got it from the library. It deals with a taboo subject, even today.
Short video of song w/scenes from the movie. Song released by Carl Dobkins Jr.

Last edited by a moderator:
tumblr_nc9itoGY1Z1qhcdpto2_500.jpg

Very recommended; A very well constructed film, set in real time in a very claustrophobic setting.

Divergent (2014) I found this disappointing and the story was predictable.

The Double (2013) Creativity, it was like all the most odd film makers of the past 30 plus years in one film. Yep, it has echoes of Brazil and Fight Club. Or is it, that these stories have ‘echoes’ of Dostoevsky.

Back to the Future. Secret cinema showing...I can now say I’ve seen a DeLorean time machine!

Captain America: The Winter Soldier (2014) Enjoyable action film, I always liked Captain America and i was pleased that they have introduced The Falcon.

The Monuments Men (2014) What i liked about it what, i believe a modern audience wouldn’t. It was very old fashioned film story telling.

Last edited:
http://www.swefilmer.com/3-days-to-kill-2014/3-days-to-kill-2014-video_d33268e1e.html

3 Days To Kill

I don't know what was behind this idea by Luc Besson but chances are he was bored and wanted to make a film that had it all. So we got this action comedy and a feel good film as well spiced up with some really good action scenes. However, I think this may signal the end for Kevin Costner because this must have been one of his more silly roles during his career. I did laugh here and there as it basically is a comedy that was about 20 minutes too long.

https://sweflix.net/play/2067/contagion

Contagion

I don't know how I missed this film until now but with the current ebola outbreak it felt more relevant than ever. A very scary scenario with great actors that highlight a number of risks in the modern globalised world.

costners last dance with credibility was waterworld and the postman. if you liked the movie the winter soldier, i didnt really, read the book as its stupidly good and very adult. i got it only after an npr recommendation that made me curious. its got lots of references to old spy and sci fi tv shows/movies and is excellently drawn by epting and lark (all dark color choices) and written by the masterful ed brubaker. it wont be what you expect i think. delorians are already time machines the moment you step in them. only then could a car so poorly designed have ever been put into production. get it up to 88 miles per hour, well good luck as it doesnt really go much faster.

as for Dostoevsky, i cant say i enjoy any of his works except for maybe notes from the underground. give me tolstoy any day.

im gonna watch the science of sleep now and try not to break my heart. this movie kills me though

Tags
film movies
Back
Top Bottom