tell us about the last Film you saw

hello people,

the last film i saw was Bad Santa. yes i have started a new thread with some high art!
bad isn't the word, i thought it was terrible. just billy bob thorton swearing at a fat kid for 90 mins. that was all it was a joke about a sad man, criminal dressed as santa (ho Ho ho) swearing and being drunk fighting, having sex.... oh what a concept, he is like santa but what a juxtaposition or not. some redemption in the end, a little bit of a sentimental hollywood ending, but it was crap.

your turn....

Re: tell us about the last Film you saw.

Well, the last film I saw was Borat but I already discussed it. The next to last was Crash (the Paul Haggis one), and I thought it was one of the best films I've seen in the last few years. Strange, because when I look back on it now, it seems a bit kitchy (do you use that word in English?) and cliched, but while watching I thought it was superb.
I saw Bad Santa and agree it's pretty bad, goes nowhere and very depressing. Billy Bob Thornton is good though.

I saw "Apocalypse Now" yesterevening, and man, it was a hard movie. Very well done, but of course no happy ending.

and I'm in love with the young Martin Sheen

I saw "Apocalypse Now" yesterevening, and man, it was a hard movie. Very well done, but of course no happy ending.

and I'm in love with the young Martin Sheen
I've considered seeing that.. is it worth it?

I've considered seeing that.. is it worth it?

Oh yes. But not if you're sensitive to violence. Do so at your own peril :)

watched Mission Impossible 3 this morning. ho hum, typical action crap. good support cast but biggest disappointment was that Hoffman didn't get more screen time. Last film I saw at the cinema was The Departed which was enjoyable.

A chilean Movie called "Padre Nuestro" ,it was really OK

Last film I watched was a norwegian from the start of the 90's, really sweet about some young environmenatlists:)

I saw Tsai Ming-Liang's latest film "I don't want to sleep alone" yesterday afternoon as a part of London Film Festival.
He caused a huge controversy last year because of the very explicit sexual scene in "The Wayward Cloud" which grossed the highest box office taking in Taiwan.

The story takes place in Kuara Lanpor, Tsai's favourite actor Lee Kang-Sheng plays two parts, one of them is a man on life-support machine, the other is a homeless guy. We don't know they're the same person or the other may be dreaming/remembering of himself.

A homeless Chinese guy Hsiao Kang is robbed, beaten and left for dead;he is found and nursed by Rawang, an immigrant worker, who lives in the shell of a modern building abondoned during the construction. We don't know Rawang's feelings for Hsaio Kang, but a waitress Chyi who hangs out with him, moreover her mistress also fancies him which makes things really complicated.

Tsai's film is usually slowly revealing the relationship with the characters. Some people may find it hard to follow, but if you're patient enough to follow it'd be rewarding. I love his dead-pan sense of humour and the way shot the urban decay; in his film rundown buildings look really unsual and bizarrely beautiful.

Tsai's obssession with boy-meets-girl story is very unique. It's also very teasing because he hardly give us any information about the characters, audience are forced to fill the gaps by themselves.
I really hope it'll get a distribuiton in UK.

Severence as I have discussed. I beg you all to go and see it, I havn't laughed that hard for ages! Oh I nearly pissed myself!!

After watching the awful Bad Santa this week, I finally saw Lost in Translation (yes I have a lot of catching up to do in watching films).
I liked it, sort restored my "faith" in English language films, but what do get if you choose to watch a film called Bad Santa.
Bill Murray, well was like Bill Murray in the film, droll is the word, suitable for the films mellow pace. Two people bored by the luxury surrounding them, that they meet and develop a friendship (love) that won't last, I like that idea. Japan does seem like a more alien culture then you would expect, are there many films being made showing a 'fish out of water' narrative, I don't think so or don't know, to be correct. I enjoyed the film, dry in it's wit, thanks to Bill Murray I would think, then Sofia Coppola's script or direction.

The Fight Club(again)...it's the shit, great great great movie, I'm such a hyped simple mind :)

I just realized I have owned Fight Club on DVD for years and only watched it once. It was a good movie but all I can remember is meatloaf getting shot in the head.

I watched Sometimes In April this morning... I've lost all faith in the mankind... again.

I love edward norton when he's not in humor roles...Ed Nazihead was the shite

american history X, he looks the bomb in that film. tried to watch the italian job remark with him last weekend, but it was bad. he squeaked all the way through it.

Children Of Men.

Great acting, original theme and seeing Michael Caine as pot smoking hippie make it one of the best movies of the year.

Last film I've seen in the cinema was Red Road and it's undoubtly the best film I've seen this year!

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0471030/

And Love will Tear us apart by Honeyroots, playing during the final scenes, is one of the best covers I've ever heard! (can upload if you want)

Last films I've seen at home were La Diaganale du fou, De battre, mon coeur s'est arrêté, Se souvenir des belles choses, in a desperate attempt to improve my French.
All 3 films are excellent!
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0087144/
http://www.allocine.co.uk/film/fichefilm_gen_cfilm=57956.html
http://www.allocine.fr/film/fichefilm_gen_cfilm=28605.html

Tags
film movies
Back
Top Bottom