tell us about the last Film you saw

Splinter from 2008, so you know to get the right one when you order it on DVD from your local retailer.

A couple embark on a romantic camping trip* but find themselves carjacked and holed up in a disused petrol station being attacked by a mysterious parasite. It works really well for a cheap horror. The basic idea has been done to death, but the acting is pretty good, and there are some really wince inducing moments.

Nearly a 7/10.

* No such thing in my experience.

Splinter from 2008, so you know to get the right one when you order it on DVD from your local retailer.

A couple embark on a romantic camping trip* but find themselves carjacked and holed up in a disused petrol station being attacked by a mysterious parasite. It works really well for a cheap horror. The basic idea has been done to death, but the acting is pretty good, and there are some really wince inducing moments.

Nearly a 7/10.

* No such thing in my experience.

Agree about the camping. Nothing romantic about it at all. Unless nightmares are romantic.

cb_zps02f81f56.jpg

of the Poirot "short stories" this one is one of my faves because you get to know a younger version of him
so yeah, A+ in my book

A Field In England, by the same bloke who directed Kill List and Sightseers.

Reece Shearsmith of the League of Gentleman and Julian Barrett of the Boosh star in a strange little headf*** of a movie set during the English Civil War. Following a battle a few blokes gather in a field (in England) to find buried treasure. While on magic mushrooms.

It looks like it cost £150 to make, but it is very odd, very black & white (in hue, not morality) and really rather good.

7.5/10

Watched two naff films tonight

ink-movie-poster_sm.jpg

Okay. I can't diss what the director did. The production is brilliant and the actors are really good. The problem is the damn script. It has a wafer thin plot so they throw irrelevant rubbish in it, which spoils the film somewhat. There is magic in this film and I see the potential. I guess it's too indie to be completed polished though?

MV5BMTU3MjQzNjMxMF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMjIwNDgyMQ@@._V1_SY317_CR5,0,214,317_.jpg

In my opinion it hasn't aged well at all. Compared to Star War (1977) it looks older when in fact it was made in 1984! It's overdrawn, boring and it needs a reboot of some kind to give the novel justice. Not even Captain Piccard could save this clunker! :D

Right now I'm watching a film called "Love" (2011)

Last edited by a moderator:
szeretet-letoltes.jpg

Just finished watching the end of this surprisingly short film...There's a reason why it can't be any longer. It's VERY boring. The actor isn't interesting enough. :sleeping:

Ha Davie. One to avoid!

This week I watched this with the kids

PH7rwuFKld3Sad_1_m.jpg

I found the last one a bit painful, more so because it was one of my kids' favourite films and I had to watch it about 20 times. This one didn't seem so bad, 7/10.

tumblr_m621sg7Yaa1qzupijo1_500.jpg

Crazy story, worth watching.

Re: day 1 of 10 off has been devoted to absolutely nothing and its been wonderful

I can't even review Brazil (1985). I just don't know what to say. I don't think I liked it.

Re: day 1 of 10 off has been devoted to absolutely nothing and its been wonderful

thx1138.jpg

THX 1138.

I've seen it once before and I've watched it again and I must say it beats every other George Lucas film hands down and competes at the best sci-fic film ever made. This was the vision Lucas had in his brain and you can tell he made everything down to the last detail. It's incredible how he made an 1971 still relevant in the modern world. The picture and overall style looks completely fresh every time I watch it. It simply doesn't stand out as a 1970s film. It was way ahead of it's time by about 30 years. Some parts look like as if it was made this year. The actors are completely convincing. The robots are petrifying and the costumes and props are gorgeous. The mood and tone of the film throughout is just beautiful. I absolutely love it. It's a masterpiece.

ete.jpg

Overrated, irrelevant and boring.

Last edited by a moderator:

88768_front.jpg

curse-of-the-blue-lights-movie-poster-1988-1020298962.jpg

Double featured these 80s films. Not sure if it is due to poor prenatal care or lack of proper nutrients in my diet but love these kind of flicks. I thank poor parenting and Pop-Tarts for the entertainment.

thx1138.jpg

THX 1138.

I've seen it once before and I've watched it again and I must say it beats every other George Lucas film hands down and competes at the best sci-fic film ever made. This was the vision Lucas had in his brain and you can tell he made everything down to the last detail. It's incredible how he made an 1971 still relevant in the modern world. The picture and overall style looks completely fresh every time I watch it. It simply doesn't stand out as a 1970s film. It was way ahead of it's time by about 30 years. Some parts look like as if it was made this year. The actors are completely convincing. The robots are petrifying and the costumes and props are gorgeous. The mood and tone of the film throughout is just beautiful. I absolutely love it. It's a masterpiece.

ete.jpg

I hate this movie. I'm glad there's someone out there besides me who finds it boring.

This was funnier than I thought it was gonna be. B-

MV5BMTc4MzIxNTYwNl5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNzE4MjE0NA@@__V1_SY317_CR0,0,214,317_.jpg

The last film I ever saw was Apollo 13 AGAIN because my significant other for some reason had been in a cave when it was a massive and had never seen it. I watched it and really noticed how overly patriotic the whole thing is, best of the best sir and all that. Typical 90s wank.

Way back then, I was thinking 'great film!', tho!

I was a kid when this came out. Still makes me feel good every time I see it. A+

MV5BMTY5MDMzODUyOF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMTQ3NTMyNA@@__V1_SX214_.jpg

ete.jpg

I'm // Sorry // Dav(i)e. :)

I think it's a thing of utter beauty. The greatest science-fiction movie ever. One of the greatest movies ever, in fact.

I accept I am the only person I know who thinks so, but I love it. Gf loathes it with a passion.

The dawn of man, the jump cut, Rigsby on the space station, the journey to the Moon base, the shuttle to the anomaly, the signal to Jupiter and the mission itself.

Gorgeous.

uhh oh, I used a semicolon!

I think it's a thing of utter beauty. The greatest science-fiction movie ever. One of the greatest movies ever, in fact.

I accept I am the only person I know who thinks so, but I love it. Gf loathes it with a passion.

The dawn of man, the jump cut, Rigsby on the space station, the journey to the Moon base, the shuttle to the anomaly, the signal to Jupiter and the mission itself.

Gorgeous.
I don't think you are alone in really liking it(2001) Mr. Barleycorn :straightface: but parts of it are pretty boring to some of us is all :o
as for me, just watched:
Southland_Tales_poster.jpg

its weird, too long, all over the map, parts of it are confusing :confused:
in spite of all that, I liked it, some parts of it a whole lot :guitar: so:
A-

I'm // Sorry // Dav(i)e. :)

Gorgeous.

:thumb: In my top ten list of greatest films EVER made. It is a masterpiece. Poetic, suspenseful, stylish, philosophical, visually stunning...

I think of 2001 the same way as A Clockwork Orange, a great film but a bit boring.

Tags
film movies
Back
Top Bottom