tell us about the last Film you saw

The_Bling_Ring_poster.jpg

I was disappointed in it overall :straightface: so normally I'd give it a D or less :cool:
but Emma Watson really does it make OK to watch* :blushing:
so I'll let it slide slide by with a C- :o

*=she's not just a pretty face you know, "Harry Potter" aside, she really is good to great in everything else I've seen her in, this film included

1 = hated it, 2 = did not like it, 3 = liked it, 4 = really liked it, 5 = loved it AND it had some quality, some "it" factor hard to put a finger on, and/or was near-perfect / flawless to justify a rating in such rarified air

Because time does not allow me to write a review that could be published on Rotten Tomatoes or Metacritic, I will simply use a star rating system. It was for this reason - that I could not devote time to even a short essay - that I kept from participating on this good thread. I am extraordinarily picky. Out of approx. 2,500 films rated on Netflix, less than 400 have received a 4 or 5 star rating. So if I give such a rating, that means I really liked it / loved it, and I'll give you a blurb (not my own but one I agree gives an idea of the plot, setting, atmosphere, etc. in a nutshell - most likely lifted from Metacritic, IMDB, or Rotten Tomatoes) and you can make a determination if it's something you want to watch. Here goes:

The Lunchbox - 4 stars

A mistaken delivery in Mumbai's (Bombay's) famously efficient lunchbox delivery system connects a young housewife to an old man in the dusk of his life as they build a fantasy world together through notes in the lunchbox. Gradually, this fantasy threatens to overwhelm their reality. (In English & Hindi with subtitles)

https://sweflix.net/play/2350/a-most-wanted-man

A Most Wanted Man

This the last film featuring Philip Seymour Hoffman, directed by Anton Corbijn, centers on the aftermath of german intelligence after their September 11 failure in Hamburg that did not manage to stop the attacks. This has made the german intelligence take to extremes in order to find radical muslims.

The demise of PSH is clearly visible in this film and it is a sad farewell to a great actor. The film is fairly slow paced and builds up drama and pace along the way but if you're looking for action this is not it. The film also asks the question if the volunteer human right activists are doing a good job or if they are in fact contributing to the problem with terrorism.

http://www.swefilmer.com/diario-de-...ary-of-a-sex-addict-2008-video_9686a849e.html

Diary Of A Sex Addict

I am not sure but it seems like they made a follow up film so I watched this one and was not disappointed. Spanish films are few and far between but almost always captivating and full of life and this one sure was. This is about female sexuality on a womans terms and really celebrates girl power. Now I am looking forward to the sequel cause the end invited to one.

Phantom_Ed_Harris.jpg

in spite of this movie being right in my wheelhouse in terms of what I like, plus having some good performances by actors I really like
still, I can only give it a C :o

Gone Girl ~ I think you need to read the book first. Ben Affleck fails to deliver. But Rosemond Pike is sensational and gorgeous. 2.5 out of 4 stars.

The Unbelievers ~ Preaching to the choir at its finest. Treats Dawkins and Krauss like rock stars. Atheists will love it. 3 out of four stars.

The Woman Who Wasn't There ~ Interesting documentary. Moves quickly. Worth checking out. 3 out of four stars.

The Book of Life - Yes it is a cartoon but it is a good one. Halloween themed, set in Mexico and deals with one of Mozzies better songs .......... Bull fighting ! Bet he will sneak off to watch it some time on this tour .

Just saw the The Wolf of Wall Street, which present so true picture of the financial sector and its corrupted denizens, perverted by money and greed. A multitude of insatiable degenerates are depicted participating in an unending array of grand parties, laced with copious drugs, alcohol, and prostitutes, splashed across the screen in unabashed opulence.
It is must seen movie, but it is little to long (3 hours) can be watch here http://ontap.se/movies/the-wolf-of-wall-street/

Amores_perros_poster.jpg

A horrific car accident connects three stories, each involving characters dealing with loss, regret, and life's harsh realities, all in the name of love.

Loved it.
I give it 9/10.

I was writing a review of a couple of horror movies, but as seems more and more the case on this forum by pressing enter you get logged out and lose the post.

Instead I'll recommend The Borderlands, and V/H/S Viral.

http://www.swefilmer.com/boyhood-2014/boyhood-2014-video_9aaab8c31.html

Boyhood

The idea for this film is pretty cool, following a boy up until he starts college. Quite a few brilliant actors here in this two and a half hour long film. Usually such a long film bores you out but time flew past cause of the amazing way the people behind it make it move on. There are leaps in time but not without losing your touch with events and developments in the peoples lives.

I guess the people behind this one like Obama a lot as there is a clear democrat agenda in it but I can look past that just this once. I guess you can view that in many ways but this is a very american film in many ways. I had been longing for a film that is as close to reality or a documentary that you can get and this is it. There is even a famous actress in it showing off her birth belly fat and sagging tits and the exterior is not all polished up.

A must see for any serious film fan out there!

Tags
film movies
Back
Top Bottom