tell us about the last Film you saw

http://www.layoutlocator.com/graphics/dldimg/52788effaf2257ced364a71a76105148_stop-bein-a-c***.jpg

Jesus i totally agree with Charlie here, what could you learn from dear John that has not been told a million times before? Why did you even watch it in the first place Charlie

Jesus i totally agree with Charlie here, what could you learn from dear John that has not been told a million times before? Why did you even watch it in the first place Charlie

You two should continue to entertain us here with your inability to understand the wonderful art of film as it is not for everyone to understand it. You are born an intellectual and cannot teach yourself to become one I'm afraid and you two are perfect examples of that fact. The Star Wars fan club is over on the other side right next to Lidl.

I would say it was an hour or two of my life wasted but I don't think I'll go there!

I'll give anything a go but that was just awful, sentimental shit.

Last edited:
Dear John

Films based on novels are always great and this was as well. I have to admit I wasn't expecting to like this film. I don't hate this type of film, but I had heard mixed feelings on Dear John, there were those who said it was touching and others who said it was too clichéd. Well after been blown away by The Notebook(book and movie), I saw Dear John. After seeing it, I don't think it is as good as The Notebook, but it was surprisingly good in my opinion. The characters are clichéd, and the beginning was a tad too fluffy for my liking, while there are some pacing issues. But while the book is better, having more depth and emotional punch, I was surprised at how touching Dear John actually was. The story is nice and believable enough, and there is some decent scripting. The direction is good too, while the cinematography and scenery are breathtaking and the score beautiful. Channing Tatum(my sister kept raving at how hot he was) and Amanda Seyfried are great and are believable together, while Richard Jenkins is heart breaking as Tatum's autistic father(I immediately sympathised with him as I have real problems with communicating with people and feeling comfortable around people and places I am not familiar with). I also liked the ending, it was ambiguous but also clever and subtle, and I think an improvement over the ending of the book(the book's only weak link). In conclusion, touching and well made, definitely worth a peek.

*Copied and pasted from people who know their stuff.

You two should continue to entertain us here with your inability to understand the wonderful art of film as it is not for everyone to understand it. You are born an intellectual and cannot teach yourself to become one I'm afraid and you two are perfect examples of that fact. The Star Wars fan club is over on the other side right next to Lidl.

Says the person who likes dear John :laughing::laughing:

- - - Updated - - -

Oh wise one, show us the way is the answer perhaps Michel bay

Says the person who likes dear John :laughing::laughing:

- - - Updated - - -

Oh wise one, show us the way is the answer perhaps Michel bay

I see your hater also likes Dear John. Know when you put up another review, every movie must be 10 out of 10 stars otherwise you're not intellectual enough to understand what you were watching :thumb:

Dear John is not the point here it is the fact that people with no knowledge of film are making comments about it without having any insight into the art of film. I have read numerous film forums and have seen that mostly teens make lazy comments about films they do not get and it becomes irritating for us cineasts. If your lives are so crap then please take it out on something else or maybe get laid cause that solves a lot of tension issues.

All films are good films but I wish I could say the same when it comes to people but two of them in this thread show that films are better than people.

So someone who could not get Natural born killers laughs at Dear John. I think it is safe to say that this girl is not a member of Mensa or have any sort of university degree but maybe she can flip burgers for a living but as a Moz fan she cannot even handle that.

So someone who could not get Natural born killers laughs at Dear John. I think it is safe to say that this girl is not a member of Mensa or have any sort of university degree but maybe she can flip burgers for a living but as a Moz fan she cannot even handle that.
Oh you little hipster sheep, can't give and honest critique of a movie. Im guessing your to afraid to speak against any movie with any praise, because you might be outed as stupid

Oh i'll flip a burger...... Right in your face!

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh you little hipster sheep, can't give and honest critique of a movie. Im guessing your to afraid to speak against any movie with any praise, because you might be outed as stupid

Haha, don't you dare have an opinion otherwise the "cineasts" will be after you.

I'm going to further enrage them (him), I don't really like Oliver Stone as a film maker. Take The Doors for example, there is plenty of original footage available and some scenes were recreated. Trouble is, the recreated scenes showed no similarity or truth to the actual scenes that were real. Now, I can take his films as good entertainment, I enjoyed all of his films that I've seen, but I'm not going to watch his films as things where I can learn something, unless that something is creative licence.

- - - Updated - - -

All films are good films but I wish I could say the same when it comes to people but two of them in this thread show that films are better than people.

justin-bieber-poster-420-420x0.jpg

10/10:straightface:

Haha, don't you dare have an opinion otherwise the "cineasts" will be after you.

I'm going to further enrage them (him), I don't really like Oliver Stone as a film maker. Take The Doors for example, there is plenty of original footage available and some scenes were recreated. Trouble is, the recreated scenes showed no similarity or truth to the actual scenes that were real. Now, I can take his films as good entertainment, I enjoyed all of his films that I've seen, but I'm not going to watch his films as things where I can learn something, unless that something is creative licence.

- - - Updated - - -

justin-bieber-poster-420-420x0.jpg

10/10:straightface:
I'm not a fan either, the Doors film could barely pass as a bio but fun atleast . It got approved by robby strangely, but hey what do i know, i only work at burgerking, shop at Lidl and watch star wars to pass my time whilst i'm pushing berries up my nose

http://www.swefilmer.com/child-of-god-2013/child-of-god-2013-video_b2b748dc4.html

Child of God

This american story set in 50's is about Lester Ballard, retard hillbilly and serial killer necrophile. That may sound like a brutal film but it is far from it. This is about how an outcast sets out to get all the things normal people have like love and safety and a home even if he's not got any of it. This film starts from another angle than most films with a killer involved in the story and that is what makes this film different. It is depressing and bleak and disgusting in many ways but also entertaining and is the kind of film you cannot stop watching although you feel as if you should. Scott Haze who plays Lester Ballard must have used up all his mental and physical strength to be able to play this part and his amazing performance will take some beating.

Haha hipster sheep that was funny. I am a skinhead and member of the swedish nazi party Svenska Motståndsrörelsen. We beat up hipsters at Södermalm for fun but I can bet my swastika that you my little girl is a political correct commie scum living in that area. I defy all the stereotypes about nazis but we ourselves tend to joke about us being portrayed as illiterate and cultural noobs because that is what makes the public feel more safe when it comes to how they belittle us.

I cannot stand middle aged men who are into "one flew over the cuckoo's nest" and see characters in it as some cult heroes. Some even use their faces as an avatar and it just shows they are losers who identify with other losers and will live a life a loser. The film was forced on young boys and girls in schools as education as commie teachers tried to force a losers perspective on the future masses instead if filling them with hope and belief that they can achieve something in life. I am glad to say I did not fall for it and those teachers are all losers or dead now whereas me and others that were kids then are living lives those people would envy.

There are loads of overrated films but the point someone made here was that a lazy view on films is contraproductive and more a sign of an individuals restricted ability to see more than what makes up their own world. Many people are trapped in their own world and an expression such as a movie showing something else can be very provocative for such people as we see in this thread. Just find another hobby and leave the films to the rest and all will be well. Films are not for everyone.

Haha hipster sheep that was funny. I am a skinhead and member of the swedish nazi party Svenska Motståndsrörelsen. We beat up hipsters at Södermalm for fun but I can bet my swastika that you my little girl is a political correct commie scum living in that area. I defy all the stereotypes about nazis but we ourselves tend to joke about us being portrayed as illiterate and cultural noobs because that is what makes the public feel more safe when it comes to how they belittle us.
Well send My regards to crazy Jimmie Åkesson.
PS you are still illiterate and cultural noob

- - - Updated - - -

I cannot stand middle aged men who are into "one flew over the cuckoo's nest" and see characters in it as some cult heroes. Some even use their faces as an avatar and it just shows they are losers who identify with other losers and will live a life a loser. The film was forced on young boys and girls in schools as education as commie teachers tried to force a losers perspective on the future masses instead if filling them with hope and belief that they can achieve something in life. I am glad to say I did not fall for it and those teachers are all losers or dead now whereas me and ohers that were kids then are living lives those people would envy.

There are loads of overrated films but the point someone made here was that a lazy view on films is contraproductive and more a sign of an individuals restricted ability to see more than what makes up their own world. Many people are trapped in their own world and an expression such as a movie showing something else can be very provocative for such people as we see in this thread. Just find another hobby and leave the films to the rest and all will be well. Films are not for everyone.
Dont act like you are new here, you are the same anon bickering with me and Charlie before

A statment to the anons here, yes It important to see the many different nueances of a film.
But some films are just pure bs, just worthy to watch from an entertainment point of view, If even that

Dear John is not the point here it is the fact that people with no knowledge of film are making comments about it without having any insight into the art of film. I have read numerous film forums and have seen that mostly teens make lazy comments about films they do not get and it becomes irritating for us cineasts. If your lives are so crap then please take it out on something else or maybe get laid cause that solves a lot of tension issues.
Oh a cineast, question how far is that bottle of Chardonnay stuck up your pretentious ass of yours
Can you taste it yet?

So funny when a poor ghetto girl who cannot understand films and art turns to calling people pretentious just cause they are intellectual and she is not. I guess we cry all the way to the bank from her abuse.

LOL

Tags
film movies
Back
Top Bottom