What's Everyone Reading At The Moment?

virtually dead

Simply Thrilled, Honey
I recently finished Dostoevsky's Crime And Punishment and now I'm back on The Picture Of Dorian Gray...agian.

I'm reading "House of leaves" by Mark Danielewski. It's wicked.

The Complete Illustrated Works of Oscar Wilde... I'm on a story called The Star Child.

I don't know what everyone is reading, but If I can help I can say I'm reading the infance of europe from mister Robert Fossier...436 pages of mainly boredom

Curriculum Guidence for the Foundation Stage, the National curriculum, Excellence and Enjoyment, Readings for Reflective Teaching, the Primary National Stratergy. I miss reading for pleasure!:(

Those seem... interesting.

The Curriculum Guidence for the Foundation Stage is quite good, the Literacy and Numeracy stratergies were awful, but they're being revised, so I hope they won't be as bad! One day I'll read a really enjoyable book again!

Fantastic book! Did you get to the bit where he's working in the restaurant yet?

I'm just up to it now, I've been meaning to read it ever since I read 1984 twice back to back (i never do that with books!) and finally found it in the careers section of the library (it's a very disorganised library!) :D

^^Oh! That's a good one! :D

Anything by Wilde, of course.

Really, Richard Dawkins' The God Delusion, Sacred by Dennis Lehane and I just finished Pet Shop Boys' Catalogue.

I'm reading Marching Powder about San Pedro prison in La Paz. Which is an entertaining enough read if hardly a literary heavyweight

I am the reading the History Of the Conservative And The Nation State 1922-1997. By Alan Clark. Yes the dead one. (Does anyone know the originations of the phrase "disgusted of Tunbridge Wells"? I've read it about four times now and well thanks if you know)

I have to read a text about the Fall Of Communism by next week (homework, love it!!)

I flit through the pages on a book about Fell Running now and again... bunch of weirdos who run around the Lake District and the Highlands in disgusting conditions. Very well written though

And I have just started the Panini Football Sticker ALbum 1984. Check out those haircuts

Some natural history:
The Outermost House - Henry Beston
The Outer Lands - Dorothy Sterling

Call me silly, but since the other day I've been dipping in and out of the essays posted on theologian Peter Kreeft's web site. I'm doing some mind-numbing work, so I allow myself one visit after each completed task. Funnily enough, I'd never read him before. Some of his ideas are heartbreakingly beautiful and his writing style is quite singular.

(I don't want to spoil the fun, but 'kreeft' = Dutch for 'lobster'. I did spoil your fun? Sorry. Thought I had to mention it ;))

Tags
books wit no pitchers but not much more just fuck off literary ponces long live books more to life than books nerds n squares obscurer and obscurer shakespeare is smart
Back
Top Bottom