What's Everyone Reading At The Moment?

A Light That Never Goes Out by Tony Fletcher. It felt a bit too much like a book by a fan at first but as it goes along it's been quite readable.

BlackHouseHC.jpg

its a, sort of, sequel to their great book called "The Talisman" :)
this one starts off real slow, but I am halfway into it now and its pretty good :guitar:

space is at a premium when it comes to my luggage :o
a lot of books I wanted to take simply did not make the cut, here are the ones that did:
SAM_4056_zpscd07ac10.jpg

its a pretty random assortment, which includes books I've had for years
or some I just got, and others that just fit "size wise" and I have never read :straightface:
but there many others I have which I will miss :(

I just read this beautifully illustrated (redundant of me to say that, I pick graphic books based on the gorgeousness of the illustration) book about an American Chinese boy who grows up in California and as a coping mechanism of being picked on adopts this stereotypical alter-ego called Chinkee who answers takes on the Asian form of him while he tries so hard to be a typical boring American boy. Interwoven into the plot is the tale of a Monkey God coming into being and how he adapts to his God ego and the world around him, it's a wonderful book. Quick read too.

American%20Born%20Chinese%20Jacket%20Cover.jpg

Also unrelated but related is this clip I saw on wimp where one cat gets beaten up on then turns to another and beats him up, a portion of the plot of the book deals with this. I suppose addressing the essential nature of bullying.

http://www.wimp.com/whatmoms/

I just finished Sharp by David Fitzpatrick~It`s a memoir about mental illness and self injury.It can be intense and graphic when it comes to the si.It was a really good read and I appreciated that he shared his story.It`s inspiring to read about someone who was very ill and how they are able come through the other side.

16108403.jpg

Don't buy it. His vision of Slenderman is awful. I want to sell the damn thing as soon as possible.

I read Tonoharu the other day. It's about an American guy doing a language program in a remote village in Japan and experiencing culture shock and isolation. The ending was lame but I'm hoping it's because it's Part One. Robbie should read this, he'd identify with a lot of it.

815S4%2BF59RL._SL1500_.jpg

And last night at dinner I read The Nobody. It's about a guy who visits a town wrapped in bandages who befriends one of the local girls. Also a lame ending. Beautiful illustration though. A quick read, I read it in one sitting.

250px-The_Nobody_cover11672_400x600.jpg

Just finished "a time of miracles" by Anne-Laure Bondoux and literally plowed through "Big Stone Gap" by Adriana Trigliani. Now that school is out, my reading will slow down considerably. I read a lot when I'm working.

sorry CG, while I could get western books here, they are real expensive since Amazon don't ship into the interior of China :o
anyways, I am burning through my paperbacks, 20% read through in a month :eek: I must slow down :straightface:
right now its:
TheRegulators.jpg

I've been reading a lot lately. In the past 3 weeks I've read

cats-cradle-cover.jpg

200px-The_Casual_Vacancy.jpg

silver_linings_playbook_cover_book.jpg

Thomas-Harris-Red-Dragon.jpg

Now I'm working on

33.jpg

It's pretty convenient because it's all three of the books for the price of one. I'm just about to start The Two Towers.

I've finished reading "Dark Provinces of Night" by the late William Gay. Loved it and it made me remind myself how much I like Americana authors. Dark Provinces was made into a movie recently and renamed "Bloodworth". If that wasn't bad enough, the movie was set in modern times while the novel was set in 1950's Tennessee. The southern gothic nature of the novel was its attraction.

294731.jpg

I think I need go read some William Faulkner and Flannery O'Connor to get that full southern gothic experience.

Now I'm back to the Aubrey/Mautrin series. "The Commodore". Book 17 in the series. The books simply get better and better. Once I've read the whole series, I'll simply start all over again.

41X7J8EEVXL._BO2,204,203,200_PIsitb-sticker-arrow-click,TopRight,35,-76_SX385_SY500_CR,0,0,385,5.jpg

Last edited:
I`ve recently read...

The Lives they Left Behind~The authors studied the abandoned suitcases of the former patients of Willard state psychiatric hospital.

She`s Come Undone by Wally Lamb~I really loved it.I thought it was a really,really good read.

Loud in The House of Myself by Stacey Pershall~Pretty interesting read.About her battles w/ mental illness,eating disorders

I`ve recently read...

The Lives they Left Behind~The authors studied the abandoned suitcases of the former patients of Willard state psychiatric hospital.

She`s Come Undone by Wally Lamb~I really loved it.I thought it was a really,really good read.

Loud in The House of Myself by Stacey Pershall~Pretty interesting read.About her battles w/ mental illness,eating disorders

There seems to be a theme to your booklist. :p

Tags
books wit no pitchers but not much more just fuck off literary ponces long live books more to life than books nerds n squares obscurer and obscurer shakespeare is smart
Back
Top Bottom