The Moz Night at the Star&Garter

S&G

Hello,

For the few people who didn't know, in additon to the Morrissey Smiths Nights on Fridays 3rd November and 1st December, there is also an extra night on Friday 22nd December following Morrissey's Gig at the G-Mex.

The December 22nd night is ticket only. Tickets can be bought in advance from us during opening hours (have a look at our website Gig Guide for dates we're open) or from the Moz Nights prior to the G-Mex Gig.

We'll hopefully be setting up a way of ordering tickets online which we'll announce in due course in order to help out those people who only like to visit Manchester when it's absolutely necessary.

With regards to Saturday 23rd December, there is no Moz "Aftershow" at the Star&Garter because our normal alternative night, Smile, will be on. While The Smiths and Morrissey may get a airing at Smile it won't be anything like the Moz Disco playlist, so you may prefer to look out for one of the inevitable "Unofficial Morrissey Aftershow" nights which will doubtless appear.

Thanks,

www.starandgarter.co.uk

For those who have emailed and asked, and for those who haven't, we will, as usual, open from Midday on 22/23 December for those who want to have a drink and brush up on their Moz prior to the gigs. Any remaining tickets for the Moz Disco on Friday 22nd can be purchased during the day.

www.starandgarter.co.uk *

*thanks to Mr Grim for pointing out our deliberate spelling mistake :)

Last edited:
OOOOOOOOOOOH

I can't decide between you and The Brickhouse

:mad: :confused: :eek:

is the star n' garter one on the friday total moz n' smiths as far as moozak goes? The diversity put me off the brickhouse! And i want to go to a smiths n moz night this seems quite the appropriate time!

matt.

The Star is 99% Smiths/Moz & the 1% is Smiths/Moz related.

love

Grim

Err ja same for The Brickhouse, though. What wasn't Smiths/Morrissey was Madchester stuff: James, Joy Division, etc.

The Friday Morrissey Smiths Disco at the Star&Garter does exactly what it says on the tin. We couldn't tell you what the playlist at the Brickhouse night(s) would be, sorry, but it's the place we always recommend to the people who arrive late to find a full Star&Garter and don't want to have to queue to get in.

We did laugh, however, at the Joy Divison/"Madchester" reference - we can hear the anguished cries of the Curtis/NO purists who'll probably write some poems about Electronic being around at the time of "Madchester" and not the sacred cow of Joy Division :)

We did laugh, however, at the Joy Divison/"Madchester" reference - we can hear the anguished cries of the Curtis/NO purists who'll probably write some poems about Electronic being around at the time of "Madchester" and not the sacred cow of Joy Division :)

:rolleyes:

Moz Night update

Hello again,

The remaining tickets are now available (we sold out of the first lot on Friday - sorry if you missed out). They're £3 each and are available from the Star&Garter during opening hours - have a look at the Gig Guide for opening dates/times, although the best nights to buy them are Friday/Saturday betwen 8pm and 9pm prior to opening - or from the next Moz Night on Friday 1st December.

www.starandgarter.co.uk

but it's the place we always recommend to the people who arrive late to find a full Star&Garter and don't want to have to queue to get in.

Hi.

To anyone who has been or directly to S&G - does it tend to be full most nights then? What is the average attendance?

I plan to pop in one night you see and want to be safe in the knowledge I can hide in the corner, amongst the crowd.:o

check the gig guide, it only gets full on those nights.
If it's just the Smiths/Moz night you wish to make a disappearance in, then U could hide in a corner but it's crap for hide & seek tbh. The average attendance is full, with a waiting list. So if you wish to not show your face inside you need to be there for 9pm, if you wish to keep yourself a total mystery just come after 10pm, but wrap up warm.

love

Grim

So will there be an opportunity to buy tickets online?

This is what S&G wrote in the 1st post on this;

"We'll hopefully be setting up a way of ordering tickets online which we'll announce in due course in order to help out those people who only like to visit Manchester when it's absolutely necessary."

I think that they'll take a chq if you write

We'll hopefully be setting up a way of ordering tickets online which we'll announce in due course in order to help out those people who only like to visit Manchester when it's absolutely necessary.

Erm this would be ACE cos I live in Warwickshire and can't exactly just nip in to pick up my tickets...

And I wanna come and pull some more fit lookalikes! :cool:

The Moz Night, 22nd December update

The last few tickets are available for the above priced at £3 each from the Star&Garter, but must be bought in person.

We are no longer accepting orders by cheque as we can't guarantee that the tickets will be available. Any cheques we receive after Tuesday 11th December will be returned to sender or destroyed. Any cheques we have received before this date should have their ticket(s) within the next 7 days.

Last edited:
Me and Grim will be there, with the usual blank look on our faces...

redjacketpa1.jpg

Re: The Moz Night, 22nd December update

The last few tickets are available for the above priced at £3 each from the Star&Garter, but must be bought in person.

We are no longer accepting orders by cheque as we can't guarantee that the tickets will be available. Any cheques we receive after Tuesday 11th December will be returned to sender or destroyed. Any cheques we have received before this date should have their ticket(s) within the next 7 days.

Oh Bugger.

Listed as the best tribute night in today's NME!

Friday, December 22
The Morrissey Smiths Disco
Star&Garter, Fairfield Street, 9pm-3am

Have a merry Moz-mas with the best tribute night in the country.

www.starandgarter.co.uk

Back
Top Bottom