Prince!

C Blu

Any Prince-fans here??
A lot of my Prince friends are HUGE Moz fans, also. Any here???
:cool:

He's a genius. He brought a much needed soul groove to pop in the 80s, writing about sex (even including some serious political and social commentary for commercial music) in a subtle, sensual way. He's also a f***ing great guitarist with an excellent eye for rhythm, which is overlooked a lot of the time. Sign 'O' The Times is one of the best albums ever. 3121 is f***ing great too.

Housequake!

There was a rumour propagated by the NME that Moz and Prince were going to do a collaboration. This was around 1994 or so.

How interesting! Concur with the above posts. Am a Morrissey acolyte formerly known as a Prince obsessive. Have often mused upon what draws me to both of these artists in such an unhealthy, all consuming way- mmm. What common ground do they share- I think they are musically quite different from each other. They seem to inspire extreme reactions, they are self actualized to a frightening degree, they believe they're right about everything (they usually are), uncompromising, driven, mischevious, intriguing duality of extrovert/ introvert- sorry, to bring the level down here, but typical Geminis. I am far too old to be getting my knickers in a twist about any popstar but these two are absolutely worth the trouble.

I love Prince. He had a dodgy mid 90s patch (didn't we all) but I quite like some of his new stuff.

has anybody else noticed how similar prince and marc bolan sound, especially when it comes to the little yelps and 'ows'?

Can't stand his voice.. or guitarplaying.. or anything else about him

Close to my thoughts though you are still airing on the generous side.

I loathe the self important imp and the mystique that he tries to create, I mean ,,,,,,now I wish to be called symbol.

He says nothing to me about my life!!

Wonder if he strikes a chord with more American that British posters?? maybe a cultural thing??

Wonder if he strikes a chord with more American that British posters?? maybe a cultural thing??

Actually, he's always had bigger success in Europe than the US.

And who are you to say that he is "self important" or pretentious???
MORRISSEY is the most self-absorbed, prententious, snobby, self-important pop-star of them all!!

...not that I don't love them both tremendously.. hehe..

Well, I live in London for a start. But of course, everyone is perfectly entitled to their own opinion.

Prince is brilliant...and lets face it, hes an icon in his own right.
I am a fan, yes!
;)

yessss,

I thought I was strange liking both prince and morrissey. In my opinion completely different music but both genius

more news

View attachment 893 i didnt mention before, i love prince also. i had the black albumn long before it was released. it was to be a more dirty albumn than the dirty mind, and was. two nigs in compton was my favorite song of the time. hope you enjoy the info on his very current indevars (sorry for spelling) same as it ever was

Didn't morrissey call him "Ponse" instead of prince when he did an interview for some magazine?
I'm pretty sure he did.:confused:

Re: more news

View attachment 893 i didnt mention before, i love prince also. i had the black albumn long before it was released. it was to be a more dirty albumn than the dirty mind, and was. two nigs in compton was my favorite song of the time. hope you enjoy the info on his very current indevars (sorry for spelling) same as it ever was

I thought the black album was brilliant! I got a shitty cassete of it in '88 and felt like I was the only one who got to listen to those superb songs!

Back
Top Bottom