Sandie Shaw - Hello Angel

I have it .....somewhere.
I'll megayousenditrapidshare it when i get the chance, though no doubt someone will beat me to it.
It's actually very good.

I've got it, but just on tape and it's so boring trying to transfer tapes to CD I've never got round to it, but it is a surprisingly good album

I Have the cd.
the track list is:
1-Nothing Less Than Brilliant
2-Take Him
3-Hello Angel
4-A Girl Called Johnny
5-Strange Bedfellows
6-Please Help The Cause
7-Hand In Glove
8-Cool About You
9-Flesh And Blood
10-Comrade In Arms
11-I Will Remain

Take him and hello angel are switched although that is how they appear on the cd.
All songs are good execpt Take Him, Cool About You, Comrade In Arms, and I Will Remain.
Hello Angel, Flesh and Blood are not too bad. The rest I think are really good.

Hello Angel

"Hello Angel" was the phrase that Morrissey used whenever he met her, so the title itself is a reference.

I should post my live videos of Jeane, Hand in Glove, I Don't Owe You Anything, Steven, You Don't Eat Meat and Johnny Guitar (a weak J Marr tribute song)

I will try to get around to it this weekend but they are all available on a live video she did way back.

Cheers,

Reg

Does anyone have the lyrics for 'take him'? I'd love to read 'em, cos the song's supposed to be about Moz. Thanks!

The lyrics to take him are on the internet somewhere

Is there a version of hello angel that has more than 11 tracks? A re-release?

Yes, I have the reissue and it contains bonus tracks, including a few more Smiths songs and the single version of "Hand In Glove".

There are numerous Morrissey references in the liner notes. Anecdotes and things like that. They're more interesting than the CD sadly.

Could you give me link, please? I've tried to find em on the net, but to no avail!! Thanks!

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
I think I read somewhere that it 'wasn't a friendship made in heaven'. Ugh... my rat just pissed on me.

is moz still friends with sandie shaw?

No. After he encouraged her to record again, she went on tour. He was expected to attend one of the gigs, but instead of turning up, he simply left her to get on with it. She never heard from him. She was quite upset about it.

I'm not aware of them ever meeting or speaking again?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom