Morrissey in The Nosebleeds?

Am I right in thinking that Morrissey was the vocalist in The Nosebleeds for a short period of time?

Are there any recordings?

Indeed he was. He played guitar then he did vocals, thats how he knew vini reilly (he was also in the nosebleeds). no recordings as far as i know

Indeed he was. He played guitar then he did vocals, thats how he knew vini reilly (he was also in the nosebleeds). no recordings as far as i know

I heard it was street that introduced morrissey to vini :confused:
i heard that from street's mouth, it was on the "jewel in the crown" docu-thing.

I thought Billy Duffy was the Nosebleeds guitarist, he was technically the first musician to work with Morrissey, albeit briefly.

I thought Billy Duffy was the Nosebleeds guitarist, he was technically the first musician to work with Morrissey, albeit briefly.

Vini deffo played with them, my dad saw them live at wigan (i think) and he said that vini was onstage aswell as mozzer. :eek:

He grew up in Manchester, England, where he began playing guitar at 14. Duffy got his start playing in different punk line-ups in the late 1970s, but these earlier years were more notable for his introducing legendary guitarist and composer of The Smiths, Johnny Marr, to the guitar, and encouraging the band's frontman and lyricist, Morrissey, to make his singing debut with Duffy in one of those punk bands, The Nosebleeds. (Courtesy of Wikipedia)

What do you mean? Moz plays the guitar? Never knew that. I heard someone say he did drumms, but that's about it.

Morrissey left the group before Vini came along.

We know he wrote at least two songs, one's called I'm Think I'm Ready (for the electric chair), or something. The info is out there.

There's only one surviving recording, download here: http://savefile.com/files/154433
It's not great though.

It's a fake, and not disguised very well. File info says it was recorded with Sonic Foundry ACID 4 (an audio recording program).

It's Moz trying really hard to be "punk".
Think about the last half of "Miserable Lie", and note the lyrics, they're SO Morrissey as well.

;)

There's too many signs that show this is a fake someone recorded at home. Why are there no drums? Why is the bitrate only 64kbps? And why use a professional audio recording program to encode it?

Ahh, don't overanalyze it davdavon!
It was just a joke, I just thought it would be so obvious to anyone that listened to it.
I'm really surprised he had to ask if it was actually Moz...

PS. To anyone that listened to it, I apologize for the sheer cruelty that I submitted you to. It certainly made my 'nose bleed'.

Back
Top Bottom