I LOVE 1984

J

Johnny

Just a quick reminder for British fans.The Smiths will be featured on the BBC2 programme "I Love 1984" this coming Saturday 17th February at 21.05.It's quite an interesting programme and features the music and fashions of the time.
In 1984 I was a card carrying Communist Party of Great Britain Member,very proactive with C.N.D and studying at Glasgow School Of Art!! There seems to be nothing to rebel about anymore!!!
Sorry for mentioning the "C" word to all my friends across the pond.

I agree with Johnny.. I saw 'I Love 1983' last week and I can say.. the series is very good.. rockumentary and full of amusing observations/anecdotes.. Very entertaining. Morriseey/Smiths are bound to get tributes and amusing 'sideswipes'!!

And I look like Louis Theroux apparrently..

> And I look like Louis Theroux apparrently..

You do?

LMC x

1984 was a good year. It was a long hot Summer for me, a 14 year old. Me and my mate Dirk got into some scrapes. We made a den down by the river and made a little campfire down there a couple of times. I bought some sausages and we cooked them over it. Very nice. Our soundtrack consisted of OMD, Depeche Mode and "Heaven Knows I'm Miserable Now". Dirk liked Big Country, but I was less keen. And he liked Dire Straits too, but only because his dad did.

TMF x

> You do?

> LMC x

Yes.. (this will mean very little to the US people here).. I was even approached at the Badly Drawn Boy gig at Shepherds Bush for an autograph.. and then someone else told me that how 'hot' she thought Louis is.. I always liked his style anyway.. His amusing disarming manner is similar to mine..

But 1984.. a long time ago now.. but yes... it was a good year when the Smiths excitement was sweeping 'Old England' (Courtesy Waterboys) and the Associates were hitting my dancing shoes..

RIP Billy.