Any more Tears For Fears fans???

Yeah and I saw them in Cardiff last year for the first time in many years.

I lived for most of the 80`s in Bath where the band came from so it was natural for me to be a fan.However I have to say that their recent comeback was a flop even though the album wasn`t that bad.At the gig Roland Orzabal even made a joke about it,saying,"Our new album is now available in Tescos...they put it next to the turnips"!

Whether I`ll see them again I just dont know.As I`ve said before,there`s just so much good new stuff to listen to at the moment,so many younger bands and artists pushing the oldies out of the way...I may even abandon Sparks after the Brighton gig this coming Sunday.

used to like them back in the 80s now i rarely (or should I say, never?) put them on ... didn't know they were still active, must check that out.

Hey,

I saw them in 2004 promoting the album, Every Body Loves a Happy Ending. I even took my Mom!!! She was the one who actually introduced me (as shed did to MANY other UK bands since she lived in Wales for 6 years of her life) to them and gave me their albums she had (when she lived there). I consider them as others, very underrated and it's a real shame. Sure, they were big in the 80's w/ their albums Songs From the Big Chair and possibly The Hurting but, their stuff since then is totally underrated. That song, Closest Thing to Heaven on ELAHE, is totally good. I mean, listen to the part where Roland sings, "yes, you...." and you hear the music, it's almost spacey- like. I love it! So for a 'plug' here, try that album!

My favorite album of theirs though is The Hurting. I can't tell you how many nights those songs got me through sad feelings even though most of those songs are pretty depressing. I love the style and imagery of that album the most.

I've got Songs From The Big Chair and quite like it, although it doesn't come on as frequently as it used to.
I haven't heard their new stuff but I'm very sceptical about come backs.

I have always followed them, even in their solo activities especially Roland Orzabal of course : his solo albums are very good ('Tom cats screaming outside', 'Elemental' and 'Raoul and the kings of Spain' through TFF's name). About 'Songs from the big chair', 'The working hour' is a great song, one of my favourites by TFF. And the album 'The seeds of love' is full of very interesting materials. One of the best albums of the second part of the 80's. Of course, their comeback is not their best, but it's good to hear them again.

their best lp ever is

the Hurting from 1983

The Group took their name after a book by Arthur Janovs book

Primal Scream

In that book goes a teori

tears as a replacement for fears

This teori goes in for

Primalterapi

and the group has also written/mentioned/subscribed about it in the early years

'Change' is still their finest song! Yeah, I'm a fan! Of their old stuff, anyway.
How's their new stuff?

I have and like Songs From The Big Chair, The Seeds Of Love plus some odd singles from Raoul and the Kings of Spain. Haven't heard the album though nor the 2004 release.

Back
Top Bottom