Do you like your Job ?

BoyRacer

Back from the grave
Im just wondering because I hate my JOB soooooooooooo much I want to scream. I hate all of the people I work with, I have no friends there, and I often get treated as though I am 8 yrs old, even though I hold a phd.

Just checking, to see if I am the only one....

Im just wondering because I hate my JOB soooooooooooo much I want to scream. I hate all of the people I work with, I have no friends there, and I often get treated as though I am 8 yrs old, even though I hold a phd.

I went through 7 years of hell in my last job.
The co. I worked for were a bunch of bastards, and at times, I risked my life for them. Never got any thanks. But, I was on bloody good money.

It's easy to get stuck in a rut mate, earning lots of money. But you cannot put a price on happiness. I have learn't that for myself.
I was VERY scared of leaving that job, because of the money, but I am SOOOO glad I did. I've lost about £400 a month, and it's worth every penny, I tell you.
For the change in my life that I have been through, I'd pay £400 per day!

I used to come home from work, and most days just sit and cry. I would shout at my other half, start a fight at any opportunity and just be a right miserable git.

In my last year of that job, I was the only 1st aider on duty on many occasions. I saved a life, I had a person die on me.
I got no thanks for either.
Before that, I risked my life a few times, went to court and gave evidence for them many times, I put myself in grave danger for them.

After 7 years of this shit, when I left, what did I get?
f*** ALL.
No thankyou,
no appreciation, nothing.

Get a new job mate, and see the change in yourself, like I did.
It's such a wonderful thing.

GOOD LUCK :)

my last job before i quit to go to back to uni was sooooo unbearable. do you remember that MEN advert on the TV about getting a new job, well that was me....i would walk upstairs chanting 'i hate my job, i hate it, i hate my job'. then i would use the photocopier chanting 'i hate my job, i hate it, i hate my job' then i would go to the bank for them chanting 'i hate my job, i hate it, i hate my job'....i think you get the picture.god i hated that job.

I'm a student. That bit's ace. £3300/year for farting round, getting stoned and 'pondering' a bit of political phil? :D

I'm also a bar wench. I don't appreciate cleaning chewing gum out of ashtrays, dealing with drunk men or watching people throw up, but hey ho ;)

Last edited:
@andy, what's your job? some sort of nurse (excuse me, but I don't know the male version of this word)

I study...well that's what I should be doing now instead of wandering here...

and...I hope I'd love my work in the future where all's well

Well, I've just gone back to uni to train to be a teacher, which I love. Before that, I'd had the same job for three years, and I really liked the people, and the job was ok, but the goings on at head office........ I couldn't wait to leave! I just didn't care anymore!

@andy, what's your job? some sort of nurse (excuse me, but I don't know the male version of this word)

:D bless you!!!

No wolve, at the moment I work at my local airport (I'm not telling you what I do there.......)

My last job I worked on the railways. For 4 years I was a Revenue Protection Inspector. Basically, a ticket collector, but I would also prosecute people for avoiding payment, and take them to court. I went to court several times and gave evidence against them. I also had the power of arrest, but I never used it.
As you can understand, this was a very nasty job, and we quite often had threats, knives pulled on us, phisically assualted, and one of my 'mates' once even had a gun pulled on him. (The 'puller' regreted it, trust me!!!)

For the final years in this job I worked in head office accounts, and then into London Waterloo station, supervising the cleaning teams.
This was ok, but 4 hours travelling each day isn't nice!!!
This is where I tried to save the life of a man who had a heart attack, but sadly, I lost the battle :(

Did you take bribes from people without tickets? :D
You can answer it in the confessions thread...

Did you take bribes from people without tickets? :D
You can answer it in the confessions thread...

:)

Fortunately for me, that situation never arose.
It did for a few others on a few occasions....
A colleague was checking tickets on a train one day, and basically, a girl had no ticket, no money. Which is an offence. So he cautioned her, and started questioning her. Then, she lifted up her skirt a little, had no undies on and she said "if you don't nick me, you can have this"!!!!!!!!!

He didn't do it tho.

Wise man, as he could have been in SOOOOO much shit.....

As you can understand, this was a very nasty job, and we quite often had threats, knives pulled on us, phisically assualted, and one of my 'mates' once even had a gun pulled on him. (The 'puller' regreted it, trust me!!!)

This is where I tried to save the life of a man who had a heart attack, but sadly, I lost the battle :([/QUOTE]

*now that doesn't sound very nice, what a society we live in. a person at my works got punched in the face by a member of the public!!!!

*well at least you tried! i wouldn't know what to do if someone had an attack in front of me. you be proud of the fact that you did your best; i hope you don't mind me saying.

*now that doesn't sound very nice, what a society we live in. a person at my works got punched in the face by a member of the public!!!!

*well at least you tried! i wouldn't know what to do if someone had an attack in front of me. you be proud of the fact that you did your best; i hope you don't mind me saying.[/QUOTE]

Bless you, thanks.

The public are a bunch of shits mate.
At least, they are when you are providing a service to them. You can't please them all....

Bless you, thanks.

The public are a bunch of shits mate.
At least, they are when you are providing a service to them. You can't please them all....[/QUOTE]

your very welcome andy.

yes they are... today i don't mind my job as i am off ha ha.

actually at the moment the public i speak to are normally friendly and only want directions.
in one job in a clothes shop many moons ago (remeber C&A). i was called a "white c@@t" many times by a gentlemen because i wouldn't sell him the same size in these womens undies we sold(as we could only sell them in the same sizes). that is the only time i have experience that. i did also work on a customer services counter, but any rised voice and it was "would you like to speak to the manager" phew always got out of them agruments.

Back
Top Bottom