Post Whatever You Are Thinking At This Very Moment

suspicious-husky.jpg

Gross. Isn't that the avatar that scumf*** Dave used?

photo_5_1_1.jpg

It's masternap time. THen a little bit of partying. THen sleep all night. :D

Ima little puzzled why IHOP has abstract pictures of broccoli on the wall because I'm pretty sure nothing in the menu includes broccoli. :squiffy:

In hoping waffles soak up booze. I have a feeling tomorrow will be rough.

Currently in my stomach:

Miller lite
Jameson whiskey
Orange juice
Coffee
Belgian waffle
A lot of syrup
some Cheezits

I should eat some preventative Tums. Or maybe just barf. Barfing is for pussies. Ima digest this shit.

Last edited:
In the event there's any Pavement fans in the house (doubtful) Scotty was in the audience and got up and played STEREO. It would be like if Marr went to a Moz show and Boz handed him his guitar to play HSIN, except Malkmus and Scotty were never involved in a nasty lawsuit bc they aren't that "great" in the classical sense. Long story short, it was amazing.

So I'm driving home listening to the radio and a Phil Collins song comes on and the tune is pretty mellow and cool and I think, "How come I never buy any Phil Collins cd's? THis is pretty fresh." So it seems like I've driven about five miles enjoying the rhythmic, semi-atonal jam just enjoying it and he starts singing about a hobo and how nobody notices him then I think, "Thanks Phil. Thanks for bringing it down fifty nothces, I was sort of enjoying your groove there." Then he sstarts singing about how nobody can hide from emptiness and I think "That's why I don't own any Phil Collins albums." :D I like the music though.

Water is my friend. GNATY

And so it starts again..What brought it on this time, I've NFI, but, then again I never do. Really hope that it doesn't spew into tomorrow, or the next day, or the next :( Hope these pain killers start doing their job sooner rather than later

Classic price shaming. :eek:

Lol. All my friends say "Nuh, uh. It's $2.50 now." My take on that is you can't get a room at Motel 6 for $6 anymore. It was two buck chuck for over ten years. It's two buck chuck forever.

So, I'm recutting the finale of Breaking Bad. Such a flawless series that could have had a PHENOMENAL ending which was, instead, bizarrely sloppy and loose.

Here's my notes:

BREAKING BAD
FINALE EDIT

SCENES TO CUT:

Scene cut: 3:55 through 6:57

Pay phone scene after title sequence. This scene exists to establish that Walt has made it significantly out of New Hampshire safely and is well en route to Albuquerqe. It also shows how Walt obtains Gretchen and Elliot's address.

This scene is bad because there is very little likelihood that Walt would have made it far from the bar in the stolen car; especially as it was established that police had already been cruising the area in the episode's cold start. Far more likely is that Walt would have ditched the car as soon as gathering his essentials from his cabin and making it to a bus or train station. However, as it has already been shown that he still has the car upon getting to NM in the gun buying scene at Denny's, little can be done about this.

Nonetheless, we also do not need Walt posing as a NYTimes photographer in order to obtain the address of The Schwartzes'.

A) It is highly unlikely anyone would give their address out over the phone
B) There is no need for this ruse; someone as smart as Walt should have no problem finding out the address of such a high profile couple simply by doing an internet search, or asking around in town once he got back to NM. This scene basically is just re-establishing how clever Walt is, but at this stage of the game that is unnecessary.

Scene cut: 15:26 through 17:16
The excellent scene that takes place at The Schwartzes' house was ruined by the "hitmen" being revealed to be Badger and Skinny Pete. Not only is it totally implausible that they would be able to so accurately assist Walt with the laser pointers, but it is unlikely he would ask them to help at all, since they're so goddamn stupid. But it is plausible that he would pay them for information about who is selling the blue meth, so the scene in the car should take place after he hands them the money and begins to ask about Blue Sky.

Scene cut: 19:55 - 20:28
We don't need to see the brief snippet from Denny's where he is making a 52 with the bacon as he waits for the gun dealer, nor do we need the scene where he throws the gun in the trunk. We've already seen this footage and they are repeated here fragmentally and are dependent on the viewer having seen the original episodes with the full corresponding contextual footage. These fragment reminders make no sense on their own in this episode.

Scene cut: 26:46 - 29:19
The phone call between Skyler and Marie when M. warns S. that Walt is back. She claims the NH Volvo was found in the Denny's lot (a highly unlikely misstep on Walt's part) and that the police are EVERYWHERE and looking for Walt.

However, up to this point there is no reason to think that the cops know Walt is back. All this does is set up a context wherein it is totally impossible for Walt to visit Skyler, which he nonetheless does (as soon as the phone call ends) and does so undetected.

Scene cut: 35:39 - 36:03
After Walt leaves the apt., cops are shown watching the area as Flynn gets off the bus. then they show Walt lurking in the background watching his son go home. This otherwise poignant scene is marred by the total improbability of Walt being able to do this undetected. Therefore showing the police has to be taken out.

Scene cut: 48:04-49:11
I don't like the part after Walt shoots Jack where he passes the gun to Jesse and asks him to kill him, and Jesse says "only if you want me to," and then Walt says he does, and Jesse puts the gun down and walks away. This was just unnecessary drama and dialogue. I think the scene would be more powerful with no dialogue, because you can tell those thoughts are passing between them. Better to just have Jesse walk away in silence after that brief but powerful unspoken moment between the two of them after Walt slides him the gun.

Scene cut: 53:07-53:14
This is the ending scene where Walt paces around the meth lab, reminiscing about his time as Heisenberg. Great scene scored by Badfinger's song Baby Blue. However, the scene is ruined by the appearance of police cars in the background, approaching the compound. There is NO REASON for the cops to be coming there, ESPECIALLY that quickly. Who would call them? And it's not like they'd hear the bullets; presumably the clubhouse is out in the middle of nowhere.

Also, possible trade off of the song Mr. Blue Sky by ELO for the Badfinger song.

Total time cut: (app) ten minutes

So, I'm recutting the finale of Breaking Bad. Such a flawless series that could have had a PHENOMENAL ending which was, instead, bizarrely sloppy and loose.

Here's my notes:

BREAKING BAD
FINALE EDIT

SCENES TO CUT:

Pay phone scene after title sequence. This scene exists to establish that Walt has made it significantly out of New Hampshire safely and is well en route to Albuquerqe. It also shows how Walt obtains Gretchen and Elliot's address.

This scene is bad because there is very little likelihood that Walt would have made it far from the bar in the stolen car; especially as it was established that police had already been cruising the area in the episode's cold start. Far more likely is that Walt would have ditched the car as soon as gathering his essentials from his cabin and making it to a bus or train station. However, as it has already been shown that he still has the car upon getting to NM in the gun buying scene at Denny's, little can be done about this.

Nonetheless, we also do not need Walt posing as a NYTimes photographer in order to obtain the address of The Schwartzes'.

B) There is no need for this ruse; someone as smart as Walt should have no problem finding out the address of such a high profile couple simply by doing an internet search, or asking around in town once he got back to NM. This scene basically is just re-establishing how clever Walt is, but at this stage of the game that is unnecessary.

The excellent scene that takes place at The Schwartzes' house was ruined by the "hitmen" being revealed to be Badger and Skinny Pete. Not only is it totally implausible that they would be able to so accurately assist Walt with the laser pointers, but it is unlikely he would ask them to help at all, since they're so goddamn stupid. But it is plausible that he would pay them for information about who is selling the blue meth, so the scene in the car should take place after he hands them the money and begins to ask about Blue Sky.

We don't need to see the brief snippet from Denny's where he is making a 52 with the bacon as he waits for the gun dealer, nor do we need the scene where he throws the gun in the trunk. We've already seen this footage and they are repeated here fragmentally and are dependent on the viewer having seen the original episodes with the full corresponding contextual footage. These fragment reminders make no sense on their own in this episode.

The phone call between Skyler and Marie when M. warns S. that Walt is back. She claims the NH Volvo was found in the Denny's lot (a highly unlikely misstep on Walt's part) and that the police are EVERYWHERE and looking for Walt.

However, up to this point there is no reason to think that the cops know Walt is back. All this does is set up a context wherein it is totally impossible for Walt to visit Skyler, which he nonetheless does (as soon as the phone call ends) and does so undetected.

After Walt leaves the apt., cops are shown watching the area as Flynn gets off the bus. then they show Walt lurking in the background watching his son go home. This otherwise poignant scene is marred by the total improbability of Walt being able to do this undetected. Therefore showing the police has to be taken out.

I don't like the part after Walt shoots Jack where he passes the gun to Jesse and asks him to kill him, and Jesse says "only if you want me to," and then Walt says he does, and Jesse puts the gun down and walks away. This was just unnecessary drama and dialogue. I think the scene would be more powerful with no dialogue, because you can tell those thoughts are passing between them. Better to just have Jesse walk away in silence after that brief but powerful unspoken moment between the two of them after Walt slides him the gun.

This is the ending scene where Walt paces around the meth lab, reminiscing about his time as Heisenberg. Great scene scored by Badfinger's song Baby Blue. However, the scene is ruined by the appearance of police cars in the background, approaching the compound. There is NO REASON for the cops to be coming there, ESPECIALLY that quickly. Who would call them? And it's not like they'd hear the bullets; presumably the clubhouse is out in the middle of nowhere.

Also, possible trade off of the song Mr. Blue Sky by ELO for the Badfinger song.

I should put you in touch with my friend Joe. He takes Breaking Bad very seriously.

Brea TJ's looks like a murder scene.

10155912_10151908776566901_590991605_n.jpg

I think the footage from Farrell's Ice Cream Parlor is funny. :D

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10152071289646902

tumblr_n37jx3D9pY1sacmxbo1_500.gif

Here's my notes:

BREAKING BAD
FINALE EDIT

SCENES TO CUT:

or ended with just this:

tumblr_mzetvkXmoP1t7v019o1_500.gif

However, the scene is ruined by the appearance of police cars in the background, approaching the compound. There is NO REASON for the cops to be coming there, ESPECIALLY that quickly. Who would call them?

Originally thought it odd the police would appear in FULL FORCE so quickly, also, but his reaction to hearing the sirens seemed...knowing? Not sure that's the word I'm looking for but I think Walter called the police. His backup plan if things didn't go according to plan. Thought the final episode played out perfectly but your edit is cool nonetheless.

Originally thought it odd the police would appear in FULL FORCE so quickly, also, but his reaction to hearing the sirens seemed...knowing? Not sure that's the word I'm looking for but I think Walter called the police. His backup plan if things didn't go according to plan. Thought the final episode played out perfectly but your edit is cool nonetheless.

That's an interesting theory: I'm going to have to think about it.

Tags
* no social life frink advice artie lange awesome bitching blush bored brooms candies chat cheese with your whine? college is tough companionship complaining epiphany episiotomy friendships funny happy i think u stink just lust moaning never to be replaced rabid monkey sad suck my teeth sweet caroline wowzers
Back
Top Bottom