Post Whatever You Are Thinking At This Very Moment

Funnel cake makes you fart the next day.

What's wrong with the people who post on this site? On 'General Discussion' there is almost universal criticism of DavidT's inclusion of a link to a blog that tried to connect Morrissey - directly or indirectly - to some pretty despicable offences. At last glance, I counted three separate threads (previously four, until two of them were merged) about this non-story, spanning some thirty-seven pages. Like almost everybody else, I don't think the original link should've been posted, but I also think that the response has been pretty f***ing stupid (or, alternatively, just disingenuous).

DavidT's critics' main objection seems to be that, by posting the link, he has given publicity to a 'story' that would've otherwise been ignored because nobody really knew about it. Personally, I agree with that. However, if David's critics - rightly - want these unfounded insinuations to disappear, why the f*** do you all insist on posting on those threads and keeping them on the front page of the forums?

Lots of people want to have a pop at DavidT - that much is obvious - but in doing so, you're keeping this ludicrous 'story' about Morrissey alive, which, apparently, isn't what you want.

This shit isn't complicated.

What's wrong with the people who post on this site? On 'General Discussion' there is almost universal criticism of DavidT's inclusion of a link to a blog that tried to connect Morrissey - directly or indirectly - to some pretty despicable offences. At last glance, I counted three separate threads (previously four, until two of them were merged) about this non-story, spanning some thirty-seven pages. Like almost everybody else, I don't think the original link should've been posted, but I also think that the response has been pretty f***ing stupid (or, alternatively, just disingenuous).

DavidT's critics' main objection seems to be that, by posting the link, he has given publicity to a 'story' that would've otherwise been ignored because nobody really knew about it. Personally, I agree with that. However, if David's critics - rightly - want these unfounded insinuations to disappear, why the f*** do you all insist on posting on those threads and keeping them on the front page of the forums?

Lots of people want to have a pop at DavidT - that much is obvious - but in doing so, you're keeping this ludicrous 'story' about Morrissey alive, which, apparently, isn't what you want.

My point, exactly.

So in the spirit of pushing the story out of view we should just ignore a bad precedent? That seems dysfunctional. Let's pretend it's not happening.

So in the spirit of pushing the story out of view we should just ignore a bad precedent? That seems dysfunctional. Let's pretend it's not happening.

The insinuations within this non-story are so obviously lacking foundation that they shouldn't be taken seriously. Therefore it doesn't warrant all the attention it's being given. The only "dysfunctional" behaviour I can see is from people who, by their actions, keep the discussion alive by arguing, over and over and over, that they want the discussion to die. It makes no sense.

I am thinking:
1 - It is really past my bedtime
2 - What the hell is going on around this place?
3 - I just wasted time listening to the new album again to see if I would change my mind. I didn't. I will never get that time back. Ever.

Who wants to see my HOH room???!!?!?!?!?!?!?!!!!?!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!

*crickets*

Don't get your hopes up. They'll come crushing down just like they always do. Deep down you know this as F A C T. Enjoy the ride while it lasts.

Order in or go out? What cuisine? Healthy or junk? If we stay in wanna watch a movie? New or old release? What genre?
So many decisions yet so little answers! #firstworldproblems

I think I need a drink. Scotch. Single Malt. No ice. NOW.

Don't get your hopes up. They'll come crushing down just like they always do. Deep down you know this as F A C T. Enjoy the ride while it lasts.

Oh shush. Boss is working on Gaza now. :thumb:

10553593_10204098785932089_1671015340297741539_n.jpg

I'm so sick of that ALS thing. I read an article in the Atlantic about how viral donation challenges are detrimental to non-profits as a whole because people only have X amount of dollars a year they are willing to donate and when they hop on the viral bandwagon, all those other charities get zilch which adds up fast.

10553593_10204098785932089_1671015340297741539_n.jpg

I'm so sick of that ALS thing. I read an article in the Atlantic about how viral donation challenges are detrimental to non-profits as a whole because people only have X amount of dollars a year they are willing to donate and when they hop on the viral bandwagon, all those other charities get zilch which adds up fast.

I have a fundraiser going right now for an old student of mine and her hospice-care farm (so she'll be able to afford feed for all her animals for this coming winter...because she's going bonkers about being able to care for them after the last crap winter we had here in the NE). I see hardly anyone donating to her noble cause, but I see a ton of friends/family members wasting clean water on themselves. It's frustrating. :(

I have a fundraiser going right now for an old student of mine and her hospice-care farm (so she'll be able to afford feed for all her animals for this coming winter...because she's going bonkers about being able to care for them after the last crap winter we had here in the NE). I see hardly anyone donating to her noble cause, but I see a ton of friends/family members wasting clean water on themselves. It's frustrating. :(

You can't expect people to pretend to care about something unless they also get a bunch of attention on the internet in the process, can you?

You can't expect people to pretend to care about something unless they also get a bunch of attention on the internet in the process, can you?

I kid you not, I originally typed "but I see a ton of friends/family members wasting clean water on themselves just so they can get their faces on the Internet and be part of the trend" and then removed it so I didn't sound like a smug asshat. But...yea...exactly. I even reposted the link to the fundraiser today and wrote "Please consider a donation to a great cause: Marcy and her farm. It doesn't involve dumping cold water on your head or a mandatory $100 fee for not getting wet." I'm pretty sure people unfriended me for that seemingly passive-aggressive dig. Oh, well.

Don't mop your tile floor with Oxiclean if you run out of mop solution, it's not meant for mopping. I'm on my third try to get the chalky film up. :drama:

Also pro tip, if you don't want your house to smell like cat urine, remove the litter box. I know this may be a complicated concept to process, but it's the stone cold truth. Night and day.

Tags
* no social life frink advice artie lange awesome bitching blush bored brooms candies chat cheese with your whine? college is tough companionship complaining epiphany episiotomy friendships funny happy i think u stink just lust moaning never to be replaced rabid monkey sad suck my teeth sweet caroline wowzers
Back
Top Bottom