Post Whatever You Are Thinking At This Very Moment

mad? yes. But what's the alternative? And is it preferable?

Agree,not moderation. 'every man is worth more than the worst of his actions'. But wouldn't that be judging his actions as wrong,bad,or evil by labeling them 'worst' of his actions? Is a man not worth more than the BEST of his actions also? So basically to be free from making judgments upon others or experiences or things. No? Also 'every person has an intrinsic value no matter if they do right or wrong'. So should we or should we not reward a persons value if they perform a good deed or a bad deed? Should one be rewarded and the other be punished? Or both ignored equally? :lbf: Would people do anything without reward or punishment? Probably not. But if we need(as I believe we do) rewards and punishments,then at least let them come from ourselves rather than from some outside governing force. Too late? And what gives that 'intrinsic value' value? Is it enough to say we are all alive and that's validation enough? We all want some kind of validation of worth that we have something to offer. So how does a person do that without the other having to judge the offerings and their worth to others?

' the ephemeral world still has too many hooks for me. ' :lbf:right. Yes the illusion of permanence,what a drag! So when you get around to setting up the 'game' you want to play,make sure you insert the law: 'that all is permanent and forever will be'! Also the law: 'detachment through attachment' double bliss! no regrets! Hey why not? It's your game! :D

this song came into my head after I wrote above reply,don't know why.

of course the alternative is not preferable. i'd rather stay here with all the madmen, then perish with the sad men roaming free ;)

i dunno... you bring up too many questions. i feel like these things work on different levels. on one level you have people trying to all live together in a society and so of course you make judgments about what they do in that society and of course there have to be punishments and rewards. but on another level, one that doesnt have to do with society at all, is sentient beings just existing and trying to escape suffering. being a sentient being your life is already imbued with an inviolable sanctity, i believe, no matter how you choose to spend that life. i dont think there is any sort of bridge between the two levels, but i think it's important that while noting skillful or unskillful behaviour that you are also able to look past that behaviour at the dignity of the person beneath, the dignity that is every persons birthright. i dont like the idea of punishment, i think more effort should be made to understand why people do the bad things they do. and when someone does something good, i think the positive benefit to their character should be reward enough.

cool song! i feel like your musical taste is much more advanced than mine.

Last edited by a moderator:
i'd rather stay here with all the madmen, then perish with the sad men roaming free :thumb:

For, as we know, the sad men aren't free at all.

'i dunno... you bring up too many questions.' :lbf: right. Well it seems to me,that even when we think we have the 'answer' and even when we base our whole belief system on that 'answer',we should still be mindful enough to always be questioning it,and ready to abandon it at the drop of a hat. Other wise,we're doomed.

By 'sentient being' you mean ...that wild & mysterious eternal spirit which is at the core of us(that true self) that unfortunately lies dormant imprisoned under the facade of being 'normal' & 'civilized' but in reality on the surface we really are all just lowly creatures controlled by fear ?

'Where can the horizon lie
When a nation hides
Its organic minds
In a cellar, dark and grim
They must be very dim'

I get what you're saying,'dignity' I take as one should respect that thing which is everlasting and deep within us,that thing (the true self)that one can not see,unless one has the eyes to see such things. Compassion through understanding/knowing that we are one and the same.

' and when someone does something good, i think the positive benefit to their character should be reward enough. '

Agree. But I always felt that if there are police going around looking to punish,then there should also be some special branch of the police force that would go around looking for people doing good deeds and reward them !:lbf: maybe with a cup cake! Then I'm sure people would come out of their homes in droves performing good deeds just to be showered with cupcakes ! vegan of course.:D

As to my 'musical tastes', I would say it's more of an aftertaste or a taste for things that are difficult to forget, that is for most, music that is hard to swallow. And there you will find me, turning it up. :guitar::D

funny thing, ks - i am acquainted with members of that special branch, only they don't reward. and they actually know where all the bodies are buried. :D

i'd rather stay here with all the madmen, then perish with the sad men roaming free :thumb:

For, as we know, the sad men aren't free at all.

'i dunno... you bring up too many questions.' :lbf: right. Well it seems to me,that even when we think we have the 'answer' and even when we base our whole belief system on that 'answer',we should still be mindful enough to always be questioning it,and ready to abandon it at the drop of a hat. Other wise,we're doomed.

By 'sentient being' you mean ...that wild & mysterious eternal spirit which is at the core of us(that true self) that unfortunately lies dormant imprisoned under the facade of being 'normal' & 'civilized' but in reality on the surface we really are all just lowly creatures controlled by fear ?

'Where can the horizon lie
When a nation hides
Its organic minds
In a cellar, dark and grim
They must be very dim'

I get what you're saying,'dignity' I take as one should respect that thing which is everlasting and deep within us,that thing (the true self)that one can not see,unless one has the eyes to see such things. Compassion through understanding/knowing that we are one and the same.

' and when someone does something good, i think the positive benefit to their character should be reward enough. '

Agree. But I always felt that if there are police going around looking to punish,then there should also be some special branch of the police force that would go around looking for people doing good deeds and reward them !:lbf: maybe with a cup cake! Then I'm sure people would come out of their homes in droves performing good deeds just to be showered with cupcakes ! vegan of course.:D

As to my 'musical tastes', I would say it's more of an aftertaste or a taste for things that are difficult to forget, that is for most, music that is hard to swallow. And there you will find me, turning it up. :guitar::D
oh my, you think we are controlled by fear? how bleak.

anyway, you are wise. you get it. i've got nothing to add except that i think the cupcake idea is a grand one. perhaps we should form vigilante groups to go around giving out cupcakes to people caught doing good deeds. i dont want to have to be one of the people giving them out though, that verges too close to those "free hug" weirdos for my liking :p

' you think we are controlled by fear?' Yes,unfortunately we are. It's not too hard to see.

Always been suspicious of those Free Huggers. Creeps me out! What's that about ? I've seen them,I cross to the other side of the street! I'd rather be mugged! than hugged by them! or drugged then mugged and drugged again. I mean anything would be better! :lbf:

Moz avoids those like the devil, doesn't he? Not sure about paid ones though...

' you think we are controlled by fear?' Yes,unfortunately we are. It's not too hard to see.

Always been suspicious of those Free Huggers. Creeps me out! What's that about ? I've seen them,I cross to the other side of the street! I'd rather be mugged! than hugged by them! or drugged then mugged and drugged again. I mean anything would be better! :lbf:
i knoooooow. there's this old lady that i always seeing with her free hugs sign, and she stands on the corner in colourful clothing and jumps up and down and you can tell she's one of those old people that thinks she's really "neat" and "cute" and "look what im doing--at my age!" as though she deserves a medal for acting like an idiot at 70. her whole schtick is just nauseating. she always asks me if i want a hug and im like pfft, why? what do you think being hugged by you would do for me? (but i dont actually say that, i just kinda curl my lip and look to the ground and pass on :D )

old lady? that's the worst ! :lbf: free cat hair is more like it! Jesus,the things people do to make decent people like us feel bad.
Will it never end ? :pray:
haha literally lol'd at free cat hair :lbf:

i mean, i suppose it might be nice for people who are really suffering with something and feel that need for human touch. but its all a bit skeezy, still.

isis equals former bathists which is why they dont actually care about islam the way al quida does or did which is why they dont work together. people need to realize that they are not fighting an idealist agenda but rather a criminal organization made up of highly intelligent people. they wont be able to accomplish anything until people realize that and stop connecting islam with isis as anything other than a useful front to radical ignorant people. making an argument against islam to make an argument against isis only helps isis fulfill there goal (im looking at you trump supporters)

and so i voted. clinton (for democratic presidential nominee) pugh (mayor) van hollen (senate) and dorsey (council)

how many damn question are there. for f***s sake. my computer is too slow for this shit.

Sorry its something like sixth two I think. I seriously said the same thing to myself and nearly just quit a few times as I got frustrated but I ends up just taking a few breaks in between questions while watching something. Wouldn't blame u if u quit but if it is trying to be accurate then there probably should be a bunch. It also might be a case of being shorter time f you get A bunch wrong I don't know for sure

Oh and Im just curious, did it actually correspond to hour eduction level. Mk e didnt
no, my education couldnt be more abysmal or half-assed. i'm mad because there were some that i very well new the answer to but which unthinkingly i clicked on the wrong thing, like who was the queen in shakespeares day? well obviously everyone knows that.

no, my education couldnt be more abysmal or half-assed. i'm mad because there were some that i very well new the answer to but which unthinkingly i clicked on the wrong thing, like who was the queen in shakespeares day? well obviously everyone knows that.

mine didnt match either as i only have a bachelors with a small irrelevant minor. some i did guess on but did my best to eliminate the obvious wrong answers and im sure luck played some part. i found it fun anyway but like i said i wouldnt take it to seriously. its kinda like those online iq tests that just wanna sell you something at the end because you have so much potential. if you really wanna take a legit iq test go to a medical facility. off to starbucks so laterz

mine didnt match either as i only have a bachelors with a small irrelevant minor. some i did guess on but did my best to eliminate the obvious wrong answers and im sure luck played some part. i found it fun anyway but like i said i wouldnt take it to seriously. its kinda like those online iq tests that just wanna sell you something at the end because you have so much potential. if you really wanna take a legit iq test go to a medical facility. off to starbucks so laterz

Is Moz a highschool drop out or did he graduate?

i would say not to take real iq tests that seriously either, though

Is Moz a highschool drop out or did he graduate?

ive no idea really. never thought about it as i dont see it mentioned anywhere. i wonder if he gets asked about his formal education or if he just doesnt want to talk about it

agree about real iq tests as well as people tend, in my experience, to think that they mean something that they dont. they dont mean knowledge which takes effort and discipline and means, they dont mean insight which takes the will to look beyond self interest and self bias, they dont mean worth or value of a person and for sure dont display emotional intelligence which takes experience. all they show is potential and aptitude and are mostly made up of logic and spacial questions. i myself was a very romantisized person who thought itd be more of a statement to finish my 400 level classes, the last you need in americas school system, and then say fu to the process of filing for graduation or even letting those classes count. really it was only one 400 class though it was my fav of my entire career and two 101 electives that i just avoided until the end as they were terribly boring and i resented even having to take them. my family of course all advised me not to do this but i thought itd be more of a self statement to finish the class and refuse accreditation since i told everyone honestly that i wasnt there for a career just the knowledge. not much emotional intelligence or wisdom there in retrospect but i was very willful i suppose and everyone kinda also thought it a very bryan thing to do. i told my wife i would never get married as in thought the idea of a ceremony needed to prove love was a backwards statement and only proved a lack of faith in the feeling of love and held this position for many years as i and she cohabited almost instantly for eight to nine years until i got past my own self interest and bias, how i managed this is lost on me honestly, and figured out that in was probably denying her something she might have thought about as a special day for a long time. in short i was looking at the situation only through my own feelings and not realizing that she saw it differently and that i was making her very sad which isnt the best display of love (that would be sacrifice) and eventually relented and proposed. this is an example of me not having much emotional intelligence sat the time despite a high iq score. im usually reminded of the franklin quote that genius is one percent intelligence and ninty nine percent perspiration (will). the world is a will to power indeed and it took more than my iq to realize that

Tags
* no social life frink advice artie lange awesome bitching blush bored brooms candies chat cheese with your whine? college is tough companionship complaining epiphany episiotomy friendships funny happy i think u stink just lust moaning never to be replaced rabid monkey sad suck my teeth sweet caroline wowzers
Back
Top Bottom