Post Whatever You Are Thinking At This Very Moment

I am the one singing Black Cloud, fyi. There is nothing I can do to make you mine.

You mean like every thread Crystal Geezer has ever made?

No it was following something you had said about people feeling they have their own special personal and private relationship with him which reminded of what people say when they are talking about God or Jesus.

People feel Morrissey has saved them, been for them when they were in need of comfort. Reminded me again of Jesus ie, personal saviour.

People also speak of him in revered tones and then worry about upsetting him for fear of his wrath or to keep with religious terms, they he might smite them.

It just got me wondering about the extent that modern day celebrities have become today's religious icons. Not saying anything revelatory I know, but I though it might make for an interesting thread.

My threads touch on the technicalities of the whole being Jesus thing, not the reverential rapturous stuff, though I totally support that. All come all ye faithful and whatnot. :cool:

No it was following something you had said about people feeling they have their own special personal and private relationship with him which reminded of what people say when they are talking about God or Jesus.

People feel Morrissey has saved them, been for them when they were in need of comfort. Reminded me again of Jesus ie, personal saviour.

People also speak of him in revered tones and then worry about upsetting him for fear of his wrath or to keep with religious terms, they he might smite them.

It just got me wondering about the extent that modern day celebrities have become today's religious icons. Not saying anything revelatory I know, but I though it might make for an interesting thread.

*cough*
bozjesusedit.png

Does anyone else think the London version of This Charming Man is irritating? that flaming guitar effect agh!

I like colin Farrell, but he really should have said no
when offered Frightnight. Absolute shite.

Last edited:
It's so weird to think Morrssey's somewhere in my neighborhood now or in the near future. He may be sitting in a bus down the street from the DMV where I have to go renew my driver's license. (Oddly i learned it was expired in Vegas when I tried to get a players card at Caesar's Palace. :p) He might have driven past the courthouse where I serve jury duty. (Pomona's our government center.) Sooooooooooooooo weird. I like it.

I think it is nice and should be commended that Davie continues to welcome people to the forum.

Davie's the sweetest person here. :sweet:

The correlation between celebrity/religion is theorised in academic writing on fan studies. There has been a couple of papers and book chapters on Morrissey fans and religion published recently.
I agree that it is interesting, although it is not something I am entirely comfortable with.

The line at the Fox is GINORMOUS. And I'm at the back. :straightface: It was nice seeing all the faces of the people in the crowd though. :sweet: I will be in the back of the balcony. I'm okay with that though.

So I am an idiot. Assigned seating. :p It wasn't last time, dead center second row. Thank GOD. I gotta pee something fierce. :D

Tags
* no social life frink advice artie lange awesome bitching blush bored brooms candies chat cheese with your whine? college is tough companionship complaining epiphany episiotomy friendships funny happy i think u stink just lust moaning never to be replaced rabid monkey sad suck my teeth sweet caroline wowzers
Back
Top Bottom