Post Whatever You Are Thinking At This Very Moment

LeBron's like "Fukket. Get on in here for some sweaty lovin, KM."

GASP: Lebron James Flouts Royal Protocol, Puts Arm Around Duchess Kate

m2na2swhe52repg9rzvv.png

The reason oboes are difficult to play is that they do not have a register key. Unlike their cousin the clarinet which has a key to advance you to the higher octaves, an oboist relies on a strong embouchure (mouth and cheek muscles) to hit the high notes. It's painful to play long songs. Also an oboe is double-reeded, the sound is generated by creating the perfect vibration between two thin slivers of reed that are equally temperamental to humidity, whereas a clarinet is one reed vibrating against the plastic mouthpiece. Sometimes it can take an hour to fine tune an oboe. Because of that, snake charming is a delicacy like cavier whereas the warmth of a clarinet is a daily delight.

Remembering my orchestra days after reading ^^^^

The oboe always tuning to 'A' and then we'd go around the houses until everyone was in synch.

Remembering my orchestra days after reading ^^^^

The oboe always tuning to 'A' and then we'd go around the houses until everyone was in synch.

I was fourth chair clarinet in the Orange County Youth Symphony Junior Orchestra, 1988 season. What were you?

(I would've been first chair if they weren't so hung up on the fact I never learned to read music.)

tenor sax jazz band. i will never play a reed instrument again though as its just so horrible a feeling. strings and brass for me please. never tried a drum though

tenor sax jazz band. i will never play a reed instrument again though as its just so horrible a feeling. strings and brass for me please. never tried a drum though

I tried drumming on rockband and my shin would get tired on the bass drum, it would cramp up. So I'd adjust the chair and move the pedal and try everything, always shin pain so I'd go back to guitar.

------

I'm thinking anesthesia might be to blame for my hair loss (which according to this article is excessive.) THe recovery from the anesthesia was lengthy in other ways, it really hit me hard.

http://www.more.com/beauty/hair/why-hair-plays-disappearing-act-after-40

I'll go to the doctor this week at some point and ask to do a thyroid test just in case, but I'm 40. It's inevitable I'm going to lose my hair. Wondering if I should cut my losses and get a bob so I can send what hair I still have to Locks of Love.

Another Peta fail. :( The second one is okay but WTF were they thinking on the first? They seriously need to get a market analyst before they press go on some of these. I mean I understand the concept that there's no such thing as bad press, but it "stains the family name" when the image left in people's heads is that Peta hates women as much as they love cows. They're training people to be mad at and discount their organization which ultimately takes away from the objective of raising awareness to cruelty. Their PR Dept. needs a shakedown.

http://www.foodbeast.com/news/peta-ad-milk/

xmas-gifts-0.jpg

I love you, dear.

Anyone want a deer? I found a pile of them I cutout for some reason and never used. :p PM me and I'll send you one.

15370008274_bb808888e2_b.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

I need a functioning crystal ball.

Ummmm... hello?

You did cross my mind!

I put the FUN in functioning crystal ball! :D But I can't help you today I'm trying to figure out if Courtney Love murdered Kurt Cobain. So far all I have is a pic of her holding a smoking gun. Not enough for an indictment though. Maybe KC means she metaphorically killed him, I've been paying attention to other stuff. Still gathering evidence. :cool:

Hole1-Keil.jpg

Brace yourself for some A W E S O M E ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! !

Does anyone want a framed cutout of of a package of powdered donuts? PM me. Serious inquiries by people who SINCERELY love powdered donuts only.

15378741544_6b244e4f2d_b.jpg

I hate to get all Garden of Eden Complaint Department here about the APPLE, but when in the history mankind has anyone EVER wanted to sync their photo library TO their phone? When? Why is it the first and most prominent option? No, I DON'T want you to upload 9,000 photos to my iphone, I'm only hooked up to iTunes because I have to delete a picture everytime I take one because I'm at maximum storage capacity and DO YOU EVEN MAKE AN IPHONE THAT CAN HOLD 9000 PHOTOS? NO? THEN WHY ARE YOU ASKING LIKE IT'S AN OPTION?

/endrant

Every time. It makes me so stupid mad but in a hilarious way. :p

----EDIT

In the early 80s I was "playing golf" in a friend's backyard and she smashed my head with a wood club and I almost died and their homeowner's insurance cut me a check made out to my dad so I could get plastic surgery to cover the scar, but my mom and dad decided I looked good in bangs anyway, so they used the money to buy a car we needed and he bought me an Apple IIc computer to "do computer stuff with" which back then just meant playing In Search Of The Most Amazing Thing and printing banners that said AMIE'S ROOM on a dot matrix printer...and I've used Mac's pretty exclusively my whole life and swear by them but not to the extent I have an apple sticker in the back window of my car but still I love me some Linux-based code, but the iTunes photo upload always drives me nuts.

Last edited:
Tags
* no social life frink advice artie lange awesome bitching blush bored brooms candies chat cheese with your whine? college is tough companionship complaining epiphany episiotomy friendships funny happy i think u stink just lust moaning never to be replaced rabid monkey sad suck my teeth sweet caroline wowzers
Back
Top Bottom